Deadline Day Transfers Thread

Skelf

St Johnstone's Murray Davidson suffers injury blow that could rule him out for two months

Aug 27 2011

ST JOHNSTONE midfielder Murray Davidson has been ruled out for two months with a knee injury.

The Scotland squad man damaged ligaments in Saints' 3-0 League Cup win at home to Livingston on Wednesday and limped off before the break.

Perth gaffer Derek McInnes confirmed the 23-year-old Rangers target would be out for up to eight weeks.

McInnes said: "It's a blow for everyone. He played so well in our 1-0 win over Celtic and it's a setback for him.

"But he won't let this affect him. He's down at the moment but he has a tremendous appetite and enthusiasm for the game."

Record

Thought i read it sum where so that rules him out.

knowing our record maybe it doesnt :craphead:

Cuellar? whats happening with him? Is villa not looking rid of him. We have the left mid sorted with McKay coming in, would like a centre half, centre mid, and a forward. Never gonna happen tho. I wouldn't be surprised if no one come in.

Don't think we ever has a chance, cb is covered, would like to see a constant pairing of perry and goin. A striker is a priority IMO. I would also like to see a cm with pedigree but I can't see any more mid's coming in

you do realise a verbal offer is not an offer? If you think Craig Conways is worth 12k p/w i will take an ounce of whatever you are on

Do me a kilo. In fairness Conway has started off the season on fire for Cardiff making over half a dozen assists and getting 3 goals. If he'd started the same for us everyone would be talking about him like he's a world beater.

A verbal offer is what happens everytime a player moves, They dont post contract offers to players so that its a nice surprise opening their mail after they've eaten their cornflakes! it Always starts with a verbal offer, Conway would've been a great player for us maybe not worth 12 grand but got to be worth more than 6

They must run all the deals through you then.

One thing to note, people. Last season, everyone was of the opinion that Ness, Hutton, Wylde etc should start more games. Well, look at the silver lining here. If we sign Juhasz and Cuellar, Ross Perry doesn’t start any games and leaves. If we sign Weiss, Gregg Wylde doesn’t sign a new contract and leaves. If we sign Hutton, Jordan McMillan doesn’t get any games and leaves. If we sign Eremenko, Ness and Hutton also get fed up. See the pattern here? If we’re completely honest here, the only thing that is going to save the Scottish game is developing a great youth system, so I’m happy to see the likes of Perry, McMillan, Wylde, Hutton, Ness and Hemmings get a few more games. The squad should STILL be good enough to win the SPL.

If the day goes on and we are having no luck with transfers I'd throw a bid full of add ons at Aberdeen for Fyvie.

Yea posters on here have had nothing but good things to say about him, I thought he played well against us on Sunday. The kind of signing i'd really like us to make