***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

Its actually baffling the amount of people who just slag craig whyte, "hes a cowboy, he's a lier" and all that dross! Can u not see that the man came and saved our club and dragged us back out of the financial shite! i dont think some people appreciate and realise the stability that the man has brought back to the club! im sure he has made funds available to ally mccoist and i reckon its just down to him to spend them. if we keep a hold of jelavic, davis and mcgregor until the window shuts i still feel we have enough to win the league after bringing in bocanegra and bedoya. after all we have the nucleus of a very good side from last year and we have just won 3 in a row! drop the negativity, get behind the team and roar them onto 4 in a row! :clap:

Its actually baffling the amount of people who just slag craig whyte, "hes a cowboy, he's a lier" and all that dross! Can u not see that the man came and saved our club and dragged us back out of the financial shite! i dont think some people appreciate and realise the stability that the man has brought back to the club! im sure he has made funds available to ally mccoist and i reckon its just down to him to spend them. if we keep a hold of jelavic, davis and mcgregor until the window shuts i still feel we have enough to win the league after bringing in bocanegra and bedoya. after all we have the nucleus of a very good side from last year and we have just won 3 in a row! drop the negativity, get behind the team and roar them onto 4 in a row! :clap:

I dont think people realise how little he has actually done for us.

Fuck off with your positivity.

Sack everyone.

" im sure he has made funds available to Ally McCoist and i reckon its just down to him to spend them "

How much has Whyte gave Ally to Spend??

Nice positive post. Football supporters are always going to want answers though its the way it is and I'm sure Whyte will be aware of that.

aw naw, we must not verbally attack our chairman in case it offends

aw naw, we must not verbally attack our manager in case it offends

fuck it

if you want to bury your head in the sand while the people at the club are doing a superb job on and off the field, go right a head.

sea howz many a get

I think most people are pissed off because he has made empty promises, if he had come in and said 'ok I'm taking the debt away but there is very little money to spend' I could have accepted that, but he had said there is well over 5mil available in this window...when so far our net spend is between 1-2 mil.

I think some people can't get their heads around the fact he said he would make £5m available for player buys.

This is so much different from what he's been accused of saying. ie He WILL spend £5m on players.

Why spend say, £3m on a CB when ye can get a good one for £600k, as has been shown with Goian? Making £5m available does not mean we HAVE to spend £5m.

Goian @ £600,000 OR Cuellar @ £2.5million?

Which deal is the best piece of business by the club? A young player who has shown he has what it takes to play CB for the Rangers, with a potentially high sell on value, or a player who's on his last legs, and riddled by injury, with no sell on value?

I think some people can't get their heads around the fact he said he would make £5m available for player buys.

This is so much different from what he's been accused of saying. ie He WILL spend £5m on players.

Why spend say, £3m on a CB when ye can get a good one for £600k, as has been shown with Goian? Making £5m available does not mean we HAVE to spend £5m.

But we still need a striker and a tough tackling midfielder imo, very light weight in that department at the moment.

But we still need a striker and a tough tackling midfielder imo, very light weight in that department at the moment.

We definately need a striker. We bid for Mhiller and Goodwillie, and apparently Goodwillie has openly said he was never coming to the Rangers. If so, there's not really much Ally or Craig Whyte could have done about it.

I honestly don't think there was ever any chance of Mhiller returning either, so again, the amount of money on offer wouldnae have made any difference to his choice of club. Unless our new owner was going to put us back where SDM put us with his mega-deals. This never surprised me though as he was on a cracking deal at Bursaspor, and he'll be on a decent deal with Cardiff as well.

Why did Rangers spend more last season under the bank?

doh

Another one who has not read the circular to shareholders dated 3/June/2011.

Most people do appreciate he has brought some stability, what some people, me included are pissed of about is all the promises he made about strengthening the first team. Now you can defend him to the hilt if you want, but he has let the supporters down in terms of the lack of good signings, there has been very little money spent when you consider the money brought in from bougherra and the adams agreement. I along with others watched every interview he gave and every promise he made, and for the life of me i cannot understand where people think he's kept to all these. I will back the club and whoever is running us all the way, but i'm not going to kid on and say i am not hugely dissappointed with the way we have came through this window. I hope something happens in the last 8 hours or so and i'll be tge first to hold my hands up, but i just can't see the 2/3 signings i think we need to make sure we win 4 in a row coming in

Most people do appreciate he has brought some stability, what some people, me included are pissed of about is all the promises he made about strengthening the first team. Now you can defend him to the hilt if you want, but he has let the supporters down in terms of the lack of good signings, there has been very little money spent when you consider the money brought in from bougherra and the adams agreement. I along with others watched every interview he gave and every promise he made, and for the life of me i cannot understand where people think he's kept to all these. I will back the club and whoever is running us all the way, but i'm not going to kid on and say i am not hugely dissappointed with the way we have came through this window. I hope something happens in the last 8 hours or so and i'll be tge first to hold my hands up, but i just can't see the 2/3 signings i think we need to make sure we win 4 in a row coming in

I appreciate what you and what some other "WERE OOR MONEY?!?!" Squad think but what some people don't seem to understand or take into account is the fact that our current squad is more than capable and has enough depth to win the league.

What would you rather? Spunk 5 million on more players that we quite frankly don't need nor want, we are out of Europe spending now would not only be clinically retarded but would be a utter waste of resources. I agree if Jela was to be out the night and we didn't bring in a striker i would be pissed, but i am positive that he will be here untill atleast Christmas.

Remember there are "2" transfer windows in the season, if we spend the remaining 3.5/4 Million when we don't need it the now and then have no money at Christmas when we will need it to represe the "AMG WHERE OOR MONEY!WE WANT MESSI" squad.

Right now the Chairman and directors are running the club the way a Scottish club should be run, stop bitchin and have some faith.

I appreciate what you and what some other "WERE OOR MONEY?!?!" Squad think but what some people don't seem to understand or take into account is the fact that our current squad is more than capable and has enough depth to win the league.

What would you rather? Spunk 5 million on more players that we quite frankly don't need nor want, we are out of Europe spending now would not only be clinically retarded but would be a utter waste of resources. I agree if Jela was to be out the night and we didn't bring in a striker i would be pissed, but i am positive that he will be here untill atleast Christmas.

Remember there are "2" transfer windows in the season, if we spend the remaining 3.5/4 Million when we don't need it the now and then have no money at Christmas when we will need it to represe the "AMG WHERE OOR MONEY!WE WANT MESSI" squad.

Right now the Chairman and directors are running the club the way a Scottish club should be run, stop bitchin and have some faith.

First point- i am as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours although i try to do it without rubbishing others who don't necessarily agree with mine.

2- I don't need to prove my faith in Rangers to anyone, 20 odd years as a season ticket holder(it would have been more if it wasn't for my time in the army) and nearly 40 years of going to the games more than proves my faith

3- we'll agree to disagree