juhasz (sp): anderlecht changed stance

verheok: didnt want to move to UK

goodwillie, didnt want to come to us anyway

so mccoist identified other targets

bocanegra: 98 cap, 140 odd EPL appearances

goian: strolled his opening career here

bedoya: we got him

mckay: we got him

just because we havent spent multi millions doesnt mean fuck all, the fact we are top of the league would suggest that the targets brought in have worked out well, so who cares what they were worth

i can never understand the importance people place on player value on here

12mill for flo

400k for boyd

someone tell me the better transfer out of Flo and Boyd again

"Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

MONEY IN

Boogie - £1,700,000

Charlie Adam - £800,000 ish

TOTAL = £2,500,000

MONEY OUT

Wallace - £1,500,000

Goian - £ 800,000

Ortiz - £ 400,000

Bocanegra - £ 400,000

Bedoya - £300,000

McKay - £300,000

TOTAL = £3,700,000

Front ended spend from £25,000,000 = £1,200,000 :anguish:

Im sorry, but that just doesnt cut it with me. I was very wary from the off and others convinced me to give the man some time to prove me wrong. He hasnt.

A man of honour lives and dies by his words. 3 months into the job and he has already failed to deliver. (tu)

he also said he was making significantly more than 5 million available now. then he allowed the suggestion 15 million would be made available to go unchallenged.

"Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary"

MONEY IN

Boogie - £1,700,000

Charlie Adam - £800,000 ish

TOTAL = £2,500,000

MONEY OUT

Wallace - £1,500,000

Goian - £ 800,000

Ortiz - £ 400,000

Bocanegra - £ 400,000

Bedoya - £300,000

McKay - £300,000

TOTAL = £3,700,000

Front ended spend from £25,000,000 = £1,200,000 :anguish:

Im sorry, but that just doesnt cut it with me. I was very wary from the off and others convinced me to give the man some time to prove me wrong. He hasnt.

A man of honour lives and dies by his words. 3 months into the job and he has already failed to deliver. (tu)

Would we not also get money in as Wlisons had a few games for Liverpool.

Oh get a grip, we've not spent 5 million so the guys an arsehole? He's failed? Fuck off!! Even if we haven't spent what you expected, we have kept our big names and added a few players to a squad which is more than adequate to win this league! How many Rangers fans would have turned that down 6 months ago? Aye we need a striker but the squad we have can still do the job!!

Interesting if that is the EXACT words.

It doesn't say anything about being net spend and it also says 'player investment' which clearly can include the new contracts handed out.

Sneaky wording? Maybe

And Still not 15mill of course.

That all being said, things change, get over it. All this Whyte lied, man of his word etc etc is bollocks.

He's running a business, that is still subject to massive tax issues, and has lost one of it's main income streams.

12mill for flo

400k for boyd

someone tell me the better transfer out of Flo and Boyd again

£4m for Jelavic

£0 for Healy

who was the better transfer ?

If you are trying to suggest to me that spending £2m on Cuellar, £2.2m on Goodwillie and another £2m on a quality midfielder would have made us worse off because Flo cost us £12m, i would suggest you are mad. (tu)

We would still only have had a net spend of £7.5m which is not far from the MINIMUM we were told he would spend year one.

Is there not a window in January? I dont know what games you are playing TWM, you know our financial state and you know what will happen if we do spend any more money so why are you starting this thread?

Did you think Mr Whyte was going to throw millions at us from his own pocket?

"I was very wary from the off and others convinced me to give the man some time to prove me wrong. He hasnt.

A man of honour lives and dies by his words. 3 months into the job and he has already failed to deliver." doh:lol:

What is your game?

£4m for Jelavic

£0 for Healy

who was the better transfer ?

If you are trying to suggest to me that spending £2m on Cuellar, £2.2m on Goodwillie and another £2m on a quality midfielder would have made us worse off because Flo cost us £12m, i would suggest you are mad. (tu)

We would still only have had a net spend of £7.5m which is not far from the MINIMUM we were told he would spend year one.

2 million on a defender that still isnt fit to play, aye great business :lol:

2.2 on goodwillie who didnt want to be here, again great business :rolleyes:

and again i ask why the importance of the money spent, we are stronger than the title winning team at rugby park last season, and managed to make a profit to boot as well

cant see the problem here

Good point. Rumoured to be another £250k the other night there.

Now a net spend of less than £1,000,000. :anguish:

and top of the table with 10 goals scored and only 1 conceded

which would make me think your anguish face is a sign that you were hurt by the home defeat you witnessed in the league this season :pipe:

2 million on a defender that still isnt fit to play, aye great business :lol:

2.2 on goodwillie who didnt want to be here, again great business :rolleyes:

and again i ask why the importance of the money spent, we are stronger than the title winning team at rugby park last season, and managed to make a profit to boot as well

cant see the problem here

(tu)

Is there not a window in January? I dont know what games you are playing TWM, you know our financial state and you know what will happen if we do spend any more money so why are you starting this thread?

Did you think Mr Whyte was going to throw millions at us from his own pocket?

"I was very wary from the off and others convinced me to give the man some time to prove me wrong. He hasnt.

A man of honour lives and dies by his words. 3 months into the job and he has already failed to deliver." doh:lol:

What is your game?

I know all about the financial side, but if Whytes game was to rely on us getting into the CL before spending money then he should have kept his trap shut.

The £25m he is investing is supposed to be HIS MONEY. Not RANGERS MONEY.

Are you telling me that the £25 m was going to be front ended out of Rangers FC money from the CL ?

Really ?

I know all about the financial side, but if Whytes game was to rely on us getting into the CL before spending money then he should have kept his trap shut.

The £25m he is investing is supposed to be HIS MONEY. Not RANGERS MONEY.

Are you telling me that the £25 m was going to be front ended out of Rangers FC money from the CL ?

Really ?

He was trying to sell him self and season tickets, how many sales pitches are 100% accurate or true?

Says who? Him?

I dont know, you dont know, we dont know.

Maybe we could ask him? Fans will want to know why he hasnt spent money, i would love him to tell them why. I have an idea so i am not bothered. He is not the one who has let Rangers down this season.

Did he say he would spend minimum £5m in year one? Not in the quote you've quoted: "Ive said that we will spend £25 million over 5 years on the playing squad. I need to have a discussion with Ally and see if some of that needs to be front ended, so maybe we can spend a little bit more for next season if that's necessary."

And if he did, has he broken that promise yet? Surely that promise would have to be kept by the end of year one, not by the end of August. Do transfers in January count or not?

and top of the table with 10 goals scored and only 1 conceded

which would make me think your anguish face is a sign that you were hurt by the home defeat you witnessed in the league this season :pipe:

My anguish is a sign that our new owner is 3 months into the job and he is already lying to us.

He lied to us by telling us Rangers were now debt free. First mistake

He lied to us when he suggested £5m would be spent. Second mistake

He compounded that lie by saying he would front end some of HIS £25m investment. Third mistake.

I was always suspicious of Craig Whyte. I said so pretty much through the purcase of the club. Once in situ and after the circular, i said i would give him some time to the end of the transfer window to see if he would deliver on his promises.

He hasnt. Simples.

If you are comfortable that we continue to be lied to, then fair play to you.

(tu)