Win Ugly or Lose Skillfuly

Ace

There are posts saying that the style of football played at the moment is not attractive but yet have abetter points tally since Le Guen left.

What would fans really like ... would you prefer that, to use McLeish's term we win by playing ugly football

OR

Would you rather we played passing football that looked great except that we lost more often (akthough not always)

What is acceptable?

Yes, You would rather win than lose........... Thats a gimme.

As a Rangers fan, a season ticket holder and somebody who gives the club a vast amount of money, I feel that as a fan I deserve more from Rangers. Yes there will be games where we will play poorly and get a result, Call it winning ugly, But you seriously cannot be happy to follow Rangers week in week out and watch dreadful football, with the team stumbling over the finish line and holding on to a 1 goal lead against a Falkrik, St Mirren or ICT.

Rangers are not short of a bob or too and the failure to invest in the team has turned fans into thinking "Well at least we won" thats not good enough. At home games Rangers should be taking the game to the oppostion and Pinning them back, Not relying on a set piece, counter attack and then sitting in playing for time.

How can you be happy with that?

There are posts saying that the style of football played at the moment is not attractive but yet have abetter points tally since Le Guen left.

What would fans really like ... would you prefer that, to use McLeish's term we win by playing ugly football

OR

Would you rather we played passing football that looked great except that we lost more often (akthough not always)

What is acceptable?

Honestly Ace would prefer if the scum came second to us for eternity and they lose skillfully thats how you spell skillfully double ll double ll incidently.

Winning is EVERYTHING,

Losing GLORIOUSLY = NOTHING realise that then u realise football.

its a RESULTS DRIVEN business , Period.

as poster above said , ask arsenal.

few years back they , were penned boring , boring , arsenal ..grinding out 1-0 wins for almost the full season , whil not playing particularly well , they had a team ay winners and strong mentality.

forward to arsenal of this season or shall we say recent era , with all the flair , playing some quite scintillating stuff , where they should really be burying teams , but somehow not drawing , and getting suckered in quite a few , and winning he - haw in the process.

Win leagues Ugly , then worry about playing good football.

Honestly Ace would prefer if the scum came second to us for eternity and they lose skillfully thats how you spell skillfully double ll double ll incidently.

Skilfully is actually the correct spelling mate.... championee

I'd prefer a winning combination of both. A team who can play good football whilst being able to grind out the more physical and orthodox games.

That's not too much to ask is it? ;)

Nope

doesnt always work like that tho in football due to team bonding all 11 must play well etc , fit , settled , passing well etc

, sure its nice to play some good stuff cant always be done tho .. or in this seasons case a rarity.

but WINNING is first. above all.

I always prefer to win, but having said that there is absolutely no reason why we cannot win AND play good attractive football. That used to be taken for granted a few years agao.

We took a lot of things for granted a few years ago:

winning every week

spending lots of money on players

almost unchallenged in the league for nearly a decade

That's half the reason why some fans are so bitter and angry now.

As Danny pointed out people didn't realise that our almost unchallenged success in the 90's was the exception, not the rule!

I always prefer to win, but having said that there is absolutely no reason why we cannot win AND play good attractive football. That used to be taken for granted a few years agao.

winning every week

As Danny pointed out people didn't realise that our almost unchallenged success in the 90's was the exception, not the rule!

unchallenged yes , but still succesfull , not our fault we were unchallenged , mainly due to celtic bieng on the breadline ,and signing guyd like biggins , muggleton etc , while gers where signing gazza and laudo.

now its almost went full circle , and the complete opposite. , albeit were not near out the game like they were , but its feckin bleak i tell ye.

winning every week

unchallenged yes , but still succesfull , not our fault we were unchallenged , mainly due to celtic bieng on the breadline ,and signing guyd like biggins , muggleton etc , while gers where signing gazza and laudo.

now its almost went full circle , and the complete opposite. , albeit were not near out the game like they were , but its feckin bleak i tell ye.

It's swings and roundabouts though mate. Before we had our great 9IAR team we were dross.

We will be successful again in the not too distant future!

Yes changed to suit the Yanks, but I'm a Compositor to trade mate and if you don't mind I'll spell it the way I was taught ! The British Way !

Oh and PS wasn't correcting him on just his double ll on skill he screwed up the fully, with one l, read the headline my friend or is he your friend, 'skillfuly' ? What school did he go to ? championee championee

championee

Ask that of the 'tic fans, as during Celtic's Burns era they were pissing and moaning every time they met us about this - they played some very attractive football against us and lost time and again (thank you Mr. Goram & Co.! :lol: ).

As much as I love to see flowing football (not from them, mind), I'll take the 3 points every time - nae contest.

Three points is the first goal. Anything else comes as a bonus.

Arsenal are probably the prime example. Terrific football, on there day they'd match anyone in the world, but put there prem points together and Everton and Bolton aint too far behind!!