Goian

Wallace

Bartley

Davis

Ness

Naismith

Jelavic

Laffy duck/ Wylde

Defense is quite solid. Insurance policy with Bartley sitting in front of the back 4. He's a monster. Tackles like f..k. Good engine on him. He has to play instead of Edu or Jig.

Naismith playing further forward than Davis and Ness.

Can change to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 when we don't have the ball. A fair bit of pace in that side. I know there is no Bedouya or McKay in that side but we haven't seen them yet so don't know what they're gonna be like.

Bench

Alexander

Whittaker

Wylde/ Laffy

Healy

Bedoya

McKay

Papac

Plenty of options still in the squad. I would have still liked another forward but I think we have enough in out locker to make it 4 in a row.

------------McGregor---------

McMillan---Bartley--Goian---Wallace

Ortiz---Davis--Naismith----Wylde

-------Lafferty---Jelavic

All we've done this season is what we slagged the beggars for last season...squad players

It cost the beggars nearly every penny of the Aids money to get a squad capable of finishing runners up.

Our starting 11 is better than theirs. Lets just see what the season brings

Can someone please explain to me why we need a holding midfielder in the SPL? When did this start? Bartley is CB and will only give you what Edu and McCulloch give you. ie. Limited options from the middle. Here's a novel idea.... Why don't we play midfielders in...wait for it...midfield. Mad I know but I think it will work

I can see our midfield 3 being McKay(energy and dig), Ness (passing and control) and Davis(energy and skill). It will be those 3 or 2 from those 3 IMO

I know what you mean about the holding midfielder. Most clubs play with them and you can put the mortgage on that Ally will defo play with one. So on that basis I would prefer Bartley in there instead of Edu or Big Lee. The above team I mentioned was in a 4-3-3 which usually contains the holding player. At the same time I do take your point about playing one in the Spl.

Can someone please explain to me why we need a holding midfielder in the SPL? When did this start? Bartley is CB and will only give you what Edu and McCulloch give you. ie. Limited options from the middle. Here's a novel idea.... Why don't we play midfielders in...wait for it...midfield. Mad I know but I think it will work

I can see our midfield 3 being McKay(energy and dig), Ness (passing and control) and Davis(energy and skill). It will be those 3 or 2 from those 3 IMO

In days gone by you had a midfield terrier with dig but could also play football and chip in with the odd goal or three.

Stuart McCall, Ian Ferguson to name but two.

A holding or defensive midfielder in the SPL is an excuse for negativity and an embarrassment given the standard of opposition we play.

If the team is set up correctly and the players have the tactical discipline to know when to support the forwards and when to cover for the defenders there is aboslutely no need for another defensive minded player.

A midfield of power,pace and technique is what is required for the SPL.

Ness,McKay,Bedoya,Davis,Naismith,Wylde.

Any four of that 6 week in week out if they can get fit and stay fit.

No need for Edu,Hutton or McCulloch unless it's for certain games in Europe or maybe the Old Firm game away from home and even then i would still advcate a more attack minded team as their defence is utter garbage.

In days gone by you had a midfield terrier with dig but could also play football and chip in with the odd goal or three.

Stuart McCall, Ian Ferguson to name but two.

A holding or defensive midfielder in the SPL is an excuse for negativity and an embarrassment given the standard of opposition we play.

If the team is set up correctly and the players have the tactical discipline to know when to support the forwards and when to cover for the defenders there is aboslutely no need for another defensive minded player.

A midfield of power,pace and technique is what is required for the SPL.

Ness,McKay,Bedoya,Davis,Naismith,Wylde.

Any four of that 6 week in week out if they can get fit and stay fit.

No need for Edu,Hutton or McCulloch unless it's for certain games in Europe or maybe the Old Firm game away from home and even then i would still advcate a more attack minded team as their defence is utter garbage.

Agree 100% dude. I've never understood the defensive midfielder thing in the SPL. I can understand a "holding" but flexible midfielder but for me that's totally different from a player plonked in front of our back 4.

I have also never got the "we need a player with dig" myth. Take Lee McCulloch for example. He offers very little but foul after foul and backwards football IMO but people somehow mistake that for that "dig". Who is to say that Davis, McKay and Ness can't tackle and win possession? Just because they don't hack players doesn't mean they cannot break up play. The thing is, these guys can also turn defence into attck quickly whereas McCulloch and Edu offer limited options when they are on the ball