Hibs fielding a weakened side v Aberdeen

Ibroxblue

Can't say I'm happy about this, from a Rangers point of view. You can say Hibs have to look after their own interests but, if there are rules about not fielding weakened teams, they're not being enforced.

1-1 at the moment.

Can't say I'm happy about this, from a Rangers point of view. You can say Hibs have to look after their own interests but, if there are rules about not fielding weakened teams, they're not being enforced.

1-1 at the moment.

It is a lot less blatant than Sellik lying down to Hertz last year at tynecastle

Personally i don't think there should be rules about fielding what some would say is a weakend team.

In general everybody knows who a teams strongest players are, but the whole point of having a squad is so you can utalise every player when needed.

What gives either an opposition manager or a say an SFA rep the power to even question a manager and almost say "you must pick player X, over player Y because player X is better" It's bullshit IMO. The prime example was just a few weeks ago when Neil Warnock ranyed about Garteh Southgates "weakened" team selection against Man City just because it didn't benefit his team if Man City won. I find it pretty disrespectful when managers say managers played a weakened team. They should have the decency to atleast act like what they are, professionals. At the end of the day, like you said, a manager has to do what is best for his club.

If, say an SFA rep is going to enforce rules that say your best players must play and also interfere in team selections when they are not picked then they might aswell scarp managers completely and introduce a board of squad selectors like they have in cricket becauase the manager will have no say over who he plays.

Guest therabbitt

Im jealous, we cannae field a weakened side, our squad is so thin that it would be either first team or under 19s...

-------------------Klos

Mcdowall--Svensson--Papac--Murray

Sionko--Rae--Thomson--Buffel

--------Sebo--McCoist

we don't acctually have enough players to fill a second starting 11 that are in the first team, so i just used 2 of the staff

-------------------Klos

Mcdowall--Svensson--Papac--Murray

--------Sebo--McCoist

we don't acctually have enough players to fill a second starting 11 that are in the first team, so i just used 2 of the staff

:lol: I bet mcoist would still do better than sebo!!

Guest therabbitt
-------------------Klos

Lowing--Svensson--Papac--Murray

--------Sebo--Novo

I wonder how that team would get on in the league...

-------------------Klos

Lowing--Svensson--Papac--Murray

--------Sebo--Novo

Papac and svensson...the team wouldnt stand a chance in hell.

Guest therabbitt
-------------------Klos

Lowing--Broadfoot--Papac--Murray

--------Gow--Novo

What about that??

-------------------Klos

Lowing--Broadfoot--Papac--Murray

--------Gow--Novo

What about that??

I guess it would have a chance against the lesser teams