A Wee Bit Homesick

delamonty

My father was an engineer at Weir's. He only became that since my Mother (God rest her) kicked his arse back into University to fulfill his potential.

He had an affinity for Mathematics etc.

Anyway, the point of this post is simple. When he was away on sea trials, I looked forward to him coming home. He always made time for me... and the first order of the day was getting to Ibrox for the next match... Or an away match if the car could make it lol

I can still remember the 'smell' (good) of Ibrox in those early days, How I i miss them.

I went back 'home' and lived for many a year. I came back to Canada for my wife, I go back 1 to 2 times per year. I'm in my late 40's now... But ffs, I miss Ibrox on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Magic.

My father was an engineer at Weir's. He only became that since my Mother (God rest her) kicked his arse back into University to fulfill his potential.

Anyway, the point of this post is simple. When he was away on sea trials, I looked forward to him coming home. He always made time for me... and the first order of the day was getting to Ibrox for the next match... Or an away match if the car could make it lol

I can still remember the 'smell' (good) of Ibrox in those early days, How I i miss them.

I went back 'home' and lived for many a year. I came back to Canada for my wife, I go back 1 to 2 times per year. I'm in my late 40's now... But ffs, I miss Ibrox on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Magic.

Don't we all! :sherlock:

Don't we all! :sherlock:

Fuckin magic post.

moved to germany when i was a wee boy, but stayed a true blue.Missed Ibrox everyday.

Get up as much as i can afford. Some take going every week for granted and maybe don't appreciate it, that fellow bears from far and wide would tear their balls off to be able to do the same. great post man

No Surrender

Rab

Magic.

(tu) smashing post mate, the smell I never forget was the smell of the old subway, before the clockwork orange.

Magic.

Never lived abroad, always lived in Glasgow. I can walk to The Stadium in about an hour, so, as a previous poster said, maybe some of us do take it for granted.

If you want, PM me with a PO Box number or your address and I'll send you a programme from sundays game.

I've never been homesick - dont think I'd like it to be honest.