Whyte - "i Have Inherited A Mess From The Previous Regime...."

scottjf82

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

inherited a mess

yet some on here STILL believe in AJ, Bain, and the rest of the stooges that took us through 2 financial disasters

simply superb

Harsh on AJ.

The damage was all done by the time he was appointed chairman, he was given the task of trying to sell the club basically.

Whyte: 'Bain has a cheek

Craig Whyte has assured Rangers fans that the club's future is safe in his hands.

Concerns over the club's solvency were raised in the Court of Session in Edinburgh on Friday by Glasgow law firm Levy and McRae, who took action to secure payment of a £35,000 bill.

Rangers later hit out at comments made during the hearing in a statement which described the concerns as "unfounded, unwarranted and nothing more than scaremongering tactics."

The Ibrox club then condemned a "whispering campaign" after legal papers apparently relating to former chief executive Martin Bain's claim against the club for unfair dismissal were leaked "illegally".

The Scottish champions are also involved in two separate cases with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, both relating to payments made before Whyte took over as owner from Sir David Murray in May.

The club have not paid a £2.8million tax bill which first emerged in April relating to payments made to staff from 1999 to 2003, but they are believed to be disputing a fine that goes with it.

And an on-going tax tribunal, which could reportedly could cost the club up to £49million, will resume in November.

Whyte moved to ease any fears that Light Blues' supporters may have with regards their club's future.

"Rangers will always be there and playing at Ibrox," he told Press Association Sport.

"They will be there long after I'm dead and buried.

"The press we have received over the last week has been horrendous but we are in a better position than we were a year ago.

"Lloyds debt has been paid off and we are in control of our own destiny.

"We accept that there are challenges ahead.

"There are other issues but everyone is aware of them and we are working our way through them but as I say, the club is in a better position than we were a year ago."

Referring to the leaked document which caused such a stir over the weekend, Whyte said that Bain has a "cheek" pursuing his claim.

"There was a lot of stuff in the document which was opinion and which we don't agree with," he said.

"Every Rangers fan will see it for what it is.

"It could not be taken as partial and some of it is absolute drivel and ludicrous.

"The most ludicrous thing of all is that Martin Bain is looking for £1.3million from the club. He has a cheek."

I have continually backed David Murray to the hilt

My views have changed now over some time and I feel sick at the sound of his name now

You do wonder if Murray park will still be called that if we continue to face years of financial difficulties because of his mismanagement

inherited a mess

yet some on here STILL believe in AJ, Bain, and the rest of the stooges that took us through 2 financial disasters

simply superb

I honestly cant remember seeing anyone sticking up for the old Board over the last couple of weeks.

Have i just been missing this or is concerns over Whytes ability to lead us out of it coming across as support for those who started it ?

Martin bain should never be allowed anywhere near Ibrox ever again. "Rangers man" my arse, a "Rangers man" does not take the club to court and demand 1.3million or whatever he's wanting off them. Especially as he was there when his mate David murray has caused all of this.

oh aye and did he not take a nice little bonus off us last year aswell?

Exactly as some of us were saying on a thread earlier today.

What does he want 1.3 million for? the cunt is not long after a pretty big bonus off us last season is he not?

I can't see any real "Rangers man" demanding this when he knows the state we are in. And surely they wouldn't want it all out in public either.

Martin bain should never be allowed anywhere near Ibrox ever again. "Rangers man" my arse, a "Rangers man" does not take the club to court and demand 1.3million or whatever he's wanting off them. Especially as he was there when his mate David murray has caused all of this.

oh aye and did he not take a nice little bonus off us last year aswell?

I never thought it possible that one man could become less popular than Nile Lonnen with the Rangers support.

Take a bow, Martin Bain. And apply your own vaseline, because there's a growing desire to see you royally fucked.

no mention of sdm

i think the opinion of SDM is unanimous :lol:

Harsh on AJ.

The damage was all done by the time he was appointed chairman, he was given the task of trying to sell the club basically.

remember that AJ almost scuppered the whyte deal for a supposed 25million quid investment from an unnamed source, fuck knows what state the squad would be the now if whyte fucked off when AJ and the rest of the stooges started all their shite

mind you, some on here still believe that king and co with their "here Lloyds, here's 60p in the pound for the debt" :dry: will ride to the rescue, or that the fans will be able to buy and then run the club :lol:

You do wonder if Murray park will still be called that if we continue to face years of financial difficulties because of his mismanagement

It shouldnt be called that anyway.

I actually found craig whytes words refreshing, as long as i know we'll always be, and we'll always be at ibrox, then the rest can be dealt with.

Sooner or later, all rangers fans are going to have to seriously back our club with cold hard cash, and more than we ever have.

I honestly cant remember seeing anyone sticking up for the old Board over the last couple of weeks.

Have i just been missing this or is concerns over Whytes ability to lead us out of it coming across as support for those who started it ?

there was a few sticking up for AJ and Bain recently, not many i might add, hence why they stuck out at the time :lol: