Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Senna

Why do posters disappear on here, when you ask them a question?

It's not like this board moves very fast with posts etc. Unless they all mayne head to FF between posts, it's baffling. Never mind though.

Having said that, I'm going to bed now.

I posted it before going to bed, so no running away was involved. You've got your answer now.

Bill Struth was to blame for turning Rangers from being run by mostly ex-players who loved the club, into a purely commercial enterprise.

So he was ahead of his time. We all know the days of the garage owner, the taxi firm owners are long gone. And that is not a slight on the people who ran our club.But (always one) we all know times has moved on and it is change or die.

So he was ahead of his time. We all know the days of the garage owner, the taxi firm owners are long gone. And that is not a slight on the people who ran our club.But (always one) we all know times has moved on and it is change or die.

It had nothing to do with being a visionary, it was done out of spite.

The trouble in Manchester was much more the fault of the Rangers support than some will ever admit.

Our 'traditions' began purely as a reaction to what was happening across the city.

Barry Ferguson should never have been allowed to win the battle against PLG.

None of us really know anything about our financial woes, despite how assertively some fans state their case.

As much as our support for the troops in commendable, some fans do see it as a point scoring exercise.

Most Celtic fans are, generally, decent people. Doesn't mean we shouldn't 'hate' them in a football supporting sense, but some take it far too far.

I'll get my coat...

Novo did not have three season's up front. What three do you believe he did play up front?

2004-2005 - Started off him and Prso, in Jan Buffel was signed and Novo sent the rest of the season out wide on the right.

2005-2006 - Prso and Lovenkrands, hence Peter's best scoring return playing as a striker!

2006-2007 - Boyd, Prso and Novo mainly the first two.

Novo got some games up front over the 6 years but there is no doubting it was mainly out wide and as a sub.

2004-most of the 06-07 season.

Buffel did not dislodge Novo up front in 04/05, that would possibly have got Eck the sack after the start Nacho had. Towards the end of 04/05 his goals fell away to fuck, only getting one in the last 10 games iirc despite playing most of that up front.

The trouble in Manchester was much more the fault of the Rangers support than some will ever admit.

Our 'traditions' began purely as a reaction to what was happening across the city.

None of us really know anything about our financial woes, despite how assertively some fans state their case.

As much as our support for the troops in commendable, some fans do see it as a point scoring exercise.

Most Celtic fans are, generally, decent people. Doesn't mean we shouldn't 'hate' them in a football supporting sense, but some take it far too far.

I'll get my coat...

Agreed with everything you said there until the part in bold.

Reason the atmosphere will not hit the heights(thou pray it does) we are caught in a situation, as to what we sing and how we sing. I know for one when certain songs are sung I fight to restrain myself from letting my heart rule my head.

Ibrox, from when everyone realised the Souness was a bright new dawn , they all run out and bought season books. Now prior to this you could meet mates on the pub , have a laugh and beer and make your way to the Stadium or if you travelled in supporters bus most likely everyone had their usual favourite spot.

So either someone on Ibrox as in customer service (I know a joke right) should have thought about this and could easily have been tackled by getting in touch with all the clubs and asking for a number as per members wanting season books and could have sat them altogether and same applied by asking people requiring tickets if they have a group of friends to sit beside apply together.

Sounds simple yip your dam right it is. Now think of those European nights and mhank games when the place was rocking, just think (asking a lot of thinking here)again what that would have been like if the scenario above had been put in place.

Can it still be done well Sandy Sandy Sandy in royal blue, why not bring this up and get a pat on the back for this.

I'll get my coat...

I agree with all of these.

steven davis is NOT anywhere near world class or even prem league class, over rated.

he, in no way should be captain if anything the added pressure is detrimental to his game. it should be awarded to a player with the right personality to handle the role, im not a fan of goalkeeper captains but id make an exception for macgregor.

also i think he, davis, has questionable bottle (penalty miss against unirea)

despite these concerns i do think he is generally a good player just not a captain