Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Senna

In the years of the old Derry, which are now hailed as the great atmospheres, Ibrox could be rocking for certain games in Europe, derby games, and other big crowd matches.

However, during run of the mill games with smaller crowds, I remember the Derry would be the only section of the ground singing for the most part...unless it was right after a goal, or things got heated.

At some of these games we'd often watch from the celtic end when Rangers were shooting that way, where it was most noticeable that only the Derry part of the ground was doing the singing and chanting.

That's the way I remember it anyway.

The old Derry brings back some wonderful memories.

One of the things , that sticks with me is a full Ibrox big European night or game against them, Used to get three different songs being song at different parts of the ground. Well think my memory is intact :lol:

My fav years ago was the Green Grassy Slopes of the Boyne

The old Derry brings back some wonderful memories.

The amount of older Rangers supporters I meet who used to meet their mates and stand at the same pillar as me, in the heart of the Derry is unreal. I don't know how the fuck we all managed to fit into the wee space round that beam. :D

One of the things , that sticks with me is a full Ibrox big European night or game against them, Used to get three different songs being song at different parts of the ground. Well think my memory is intact :lol:

My fav years ago was the Green Grassy Slopes of the Boyne

I am laughing at what you said about different parts of the ground starting their own songs, it was crazy. :lol:

Too many of our fans will look for something to be offended at.

If only we could get back to the days when, after they launched into one of their ditties, we'd all just be shouting "shut up ya f****n bastards" and then retaliate by getting one of our own songs going. They had no problem in doing the same (different insults of course).

The atmosphere created is why it was talked about as the greatest club game in the world.

Thanks sectarian industry. You robbed Scotland of one of the world's great sporting occasions by creating a culture of everyone being offended, in jig time. All because your hatred of Rangers made you want to show everyone how bad it's supporters are.

The amount of older Rangers supporters I meet who used to meet their mates and stand at the same pillar as me, in the heart of the Derry is unreal. I don't know how the fuck we all managed to fit into the wee space round that beam. :D

Under number 13 was a great meeting place for lots of the fans.

I'm glad they banned the drink from Ibrox. I'd like them to refuse entry to drunks.

Murray should have chased ma baw instead of Le Guen.

I never understood the attraction of allowing 666fc supporters into the gound. As in at no time over near five decades of attendance did I ever want them there. If I was Whyte, I'd ban them now.

Mo Johnston proved something I'd always known about The Rangers support - they never really gave a fuck who played for us as long as they performed on the park.

At no time have I ever felt there was a 'unified support'.

All hints of 'flute' music should be banned from the ground - it's worse than a fork being dragged over the inside of a pan.

Can you mind when someone had taken ill that people used to wave their white hankies for the ambulance people, and you would have to pass the person that was sick down to the front of the crowd. :D

I also remember the students charity week (when they brought out the Ygorra mag?), you'd sometimes get the students walking round the track holding out a big blanket for the fans to throw coins into.

You would have been suicidal at some games from years ago when tiny crowds were also silent.

One that sticks out in my mind , early 70s midweek against St Johnstone , I was in the enclosure saw a guy I hadn't seen from school and called over to him , he was under cover in the derry.

had gone to the game myself as mates didn't want go, went back to meet them in Gamps under the heilan mans umbrella for a beer 15p a pint lol xx ended up these birds from Belfast were over for a course in Glasgow ,. They worked fro the Inland Revenue , this one saw my carf in my pocket and hey what an end to the night.

It gets better was about midnight and was walking along Pollockshaws road and the rain had started , when a car drew up and the guy said, you been at the game mate, to which i obviously said yes. So he said where you going kennishead flats said I no problem drop you off. So he started taking about the game , was it not the fucking mhanks game at dundee the same night. he had noticed my scarf in my hand (was dark) and assumed because fo the time I had been at Dundee. So as i was getting out the car said , thanks for the lift , he said no bother always there to help a fellow bhoy. I started laughing and said the scarf is red, white and blue mate always has and always will be . His face was fucking raging.

That was a bad night that got better and finished in style :D