Battlefield 3 Beta

MartinGers93

going to buy the grandson a game consol and three games for his xmas whats the best machine and games bearing in mind he is 10 years old

Find out what his mates have and buy that, if he goes online he will want to play with them, if not well he can swap games with them

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fired this up last night and I was not disappointed. You feel like you are actually in a warzone with bullets flying around everywhere and the scenery being blown to shit. Add to this every vehicle under the sun from speedboats, helicopters and jets and you can see the range of tactics you could employ.

I can see why people would hate this as its not COD where the killstreaks and kill/death ratios matter. On this you get points for healing your squadmates or for spotting the enemy. You have to work as a TEAM....not run around blindly shooting or camping in a bush sniping. Running around aimlessly usually results in certain death.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a COD hater, they are just totally different games. COD is a more pick up and play straightforward shooter, BF3 is more tactical and squad based.

We will need to get a RM Battlefield clan up and running as I think this is going to keep me off FIFA. I think the reviews in the high 80's have definately taken the ropey single player campaign into account, trust me the multiplayer is like a different game, amazing.

Fired this up last night and I was not disappointed. You feel like you are actually in a warzone with bullets flying around everywhere and the scenery being blown to shit. Add to this every vehicle under the sun from speedboats, helicopters and jets and you can see the range of tactics you could employ.

I can see why people would hate this as its not COD where the killstreaks and kill/death ratios matter. On this you get points for healing your squadmates or for spotting the enemy. You have to work as a TEAM....not run around blindly shooting or camping in a bush sniping. Running around aimlessly usually results in certain death.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a COD hater, they are just totally different games. COD is a more pick up and play straightforward shooter, BF3 is more tactical and squad based.

We will need to get a RM Battlefield clan up and running as I think this is going to keep me off FIFA. I think the reviews in the high 80's have definately taken the ropey single player campaign into account, trust me the multiplayer is like a different game, amazing.

i agree with everything uve said m8 its quality . its a pity alot of ppl will bypass this game and just get cod its 100 times better than cod

Maps are so huge it favours a sniper rifle in my opinion. I'm usually cod loyal but tried this for the first time after the last few cod disappointments. I'm enjoying it. Very realistic.

Im totally useless at flying anything, crash and burn and Still getting to grip with the intricacies of the game, like the hud and game objectives.

I think it's obvious though that once I'm up to speed this is going to be an awesome awesome game.

It's unreal on the PC. Graphics are stunning and the sound is just jaw dropping at times. 64 player maps are just the biz. Only thing that is a let down is that i seem to get booted from a map after about 1 and a half rounds. Its doing my nut it.