Is. Build My Gallows A Banned Song

paulrfc

Who's wanting rid of them like? They were both sang with gusto today and it was magnificent. Fuck the PC brigade.

First time Ive heard the Sash in a while today. I just assumed that was on the banned list as I hadnt heard it in a while.

I don't think any song should be banned, especially not when you see/hear the hymnsheets from over the road.

The more songs we have which mention external factors like the IRA and non football related will eventually draw the attention of the powers that be, who in this case clearly have an agenda to prove us as the bigots and not them, who celebrate hunger strikers and terrorists without any fear of being brought to task.

What banned list?

Cops handed both clubs a list of songs back in March or April, that were to be stamped out I believe.

Pretty sure that anything involving terrorist groups (pro/con) were to be included too. My memory escapes me a bit though.

First time Ive heard the Sash in a while today. I just assumed that was on the banned list as I hadnt heard it in a while.

I don't think any song should be banned, especially not when you see/hear the hymnsheets from over the road.

The more songs we have which mention external factors like the IRA and non football related will eventually draw the attention of the powers that be, who in this case clearly have an agenda to prove us as the bigots and not them, who celebrate hunger strikers and terrorists without any fear of being brought to task.

They sing The Sash at every away game when Healy warms up mate. I think that's his role at the club now - cheerleader.

Cops handed both clubs a list of songs back in March or April, that were to be stamped out I believe.

Pretty sure that anything involving terrorist groups (pro/con) were to be included too. My memory escapes me a bit though.

Where did you hear this?

Keeping "the list" a secret doesn't sound like it will be very effective.

dont be so stupid, it was only anything fucking the pope or telling the plastic paddy's to go home which was "banned" oh or being up to your knees in certain blood

How the fuck can the fans be jailed for sectarianism? What was sung today that was so bad? We hate Celtic f****n bastards was the only one i heard that could be classed as sectarian, but lets be honest celtic are not a "sect" so how can it be sectarian? anyway fuck them all

No they didn't. The cops have deliberately avoided saying which songs they don't want us singing. That way they can have carte blanche to arrest us.

Where did you hear this?

Keeping "the list" a secret doesn't sound like it will be very effective.

My mistake, found the article I read and just seen it's written by Hugh Keevins.

dont be so stupid, it was only anything fucking the pope or telling the plastic paddy's to go home which was "banned" oh or being up to your knees in certain blood

See above.

So what does he say? Singing the Sash is what they used to do at Nuremberg rallies?

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/2011/04/03/police-chiefs-give-celtic-and-rangers-list-of-banned-songs-in-sectarian-crackdown-86908-23035258/

Police chiefs give Celtic and Rangers list of banned songs in sectarian crackdown

Apr 3 2011 Exclusive by Hugh Keevins, Sunday Mail

POLICE will issue the Old Firm with a list of banned songs as they begin their biggest crackdown on sectarianism.

Both Celtic and Rangers will be asked to distribute the list to fans and ask them to stop singing them.

The banned songs are thought to include The Famine Song, The Billy Boys and other tunes that glorify terror groups such as the IRA and UDA.

Senior Strathclyde police sources say officers are ready to wade into stands to arrest offenders.

A source said: "The police and the clubs need to work together and there has to be change in attitude by fans.

"Thousands sing these songs but we cannot turn a blind eye any longer.

"These songs have to become as socially unacceptable as drink-driving."

Persistent offenders will be warned inside grounds.

If they fail to stop, they will be arrested and could be taken to court and banned from attending matches.

Fury over sectarian singing has increased in a season which has already featured six highly-charged Old Firm matches.

The Catholic Church last month compained about singing coming from the Rangers end during the Co-operative Insurance Cup final, which Rangers won 2-1.

And Rangers fans have been prosecuted for singing The Famine Song, described as racist by High Court judge Lord Carloway.

It contains the words "the famine is over, why don't you go home" and has also been attacked by Celtic chairman Lord Reid.

Last month, the Sunday Mail revealed a Celtic fan had received a two-year banning order and a £300 fine for a song which described Rangers manager Walter Smith as a "sad, Orange b*****d".

Lawyer David McKie last month successfully defended police officer Christopher Halaka who was accused of chanting pro-IRA slogans at a Perth taxi rank.

He was cleared of breach of the peace with religious aggravation at Perth Sheriff Court.

Mr McKie said: "Some songs about the IRA and UDA may be sectarian but singing them isn't necessarily breaking the law. The lyrics may be about history and politics and have nothing to do with religion."

Scottish historian Professor Tom Devine, of Edinburgh University, said: "There should be caution until we see how this works.

"But questions remain. How are those engaged in such singing to be identified? "Will they be charged with breach of the peace aggravated by sectarian intent? "And will the ban apply to all football matches and parks in Scotland?" Last night Celtic said they were unaware of the plans and couldn't comment on the new measures.

Rangers were also unable to comment.

Who the author is and the little heard of the matter since, questions the credibility.