Nationalist Rangers Fans

GOAT

I'm all for letting everyone in to support us and all that, but why would they want to support this club? Surely everything about this club from the flag flying proudly above Ibrox, to the potrait on the wall, screams it's a proud British Institution. Everything these people are against and hate.

I just don't understand how a nationalist Rangers fans mind works.

My dad was an out and out tory. When jim sillars stood in govan for the snp he voted for them. I was only 8 but looking back now, i really am surprised as my dad was proud to be scottish and british.

But thats more to do with local politics i guess.

What im getting at is that although there are a few amongst us who vote snp, we should let them see the folly of their ways themselves. One day they will realise how daft they have been. I just hope its not too late.

I agree though, for everything rangers stand for, it must be hard for a jacobite and i find it hard to understand.

Generally people become attached to a football club before they develop a personal political stance. It is not unlikely that a person might grow up a Rangers supporter and then develop political views that deviate from the 'traditional Rangers values'. And if they were any kind of supporter at all it's not as easy as just changing your team, is it?

That said, I would question the thought processes that allow a person to have both the good taste to be a Ranger and the poor taste to support Toad of Toad Hall.

Question away! If my choice is between Catholic Dominated, Celtic Board Member, IRA Loving, Screw the Country Labour and a fat merchant banker I know what I'm picking. The problem is that you think it's all about your heart and soul. Politics isn't. If the people can use a party to further their own interests then they certainly should do. It's a two way street.

I'm all for letting everyone in to support us and all that, but why would they want to support this club? Surely everything about this club from the flag flying proudly above Ibrox, to the potrait on the wall, screams it's a proud British Institution. Everything these people are against and hate.

I just don't understand how a nationalist Rangers fans mind works.

:lol: :lol:

OP is your point that in order to be a Rangers fan you must pledge allegience with the English?

If you want a "must love england" fans policy installed at Rangers or think everyone whom supports Rangers should love the English - here's an idea for you - jog on to England, you're no better than a tim thinking Ireland is his homeland.

We don't want to be English, we just don't have an irrational hatred of fellow British citizens who have stood beside us for hundred of years.

Scottish, British and Proud.

Care to clarify?

There are two types of Scots, actually three if you include the highlanders, but they don't count. There's the worldly pragmatic Scot who understands he's got to work twice as hard as anybody else and get along with people he doesn't like for his own benefit. Generally you'd call him a Unionist. Then there's the bitter arsehole Scot who works twice as hard as anybody for fuck all and doesn't get along with any cunt. We'd call him a Nationalist.

There are two types of Scots, actually three if you include the highlanders, but they don't count. There's the worldly pragmatic Scot who understands he's got to work twice as hard as anybody else and get along with people he doesn't like for his own benefit. Generally you'd call him a Unionist. Then there's the bitter arsehole Scot who works twice as hard as anybody for fuck all and doesn't get along with any cunt. We'd call him a Nationalist.

Yer ranting, what the fuck has that to do with Aberdeen and Hib's?

Ok then whyte and mackay.

Im from glasgow. We sided with the "english" you mention with the duke of cumberland.

Who do i support now?

And your rants are one load of shite into the bargain

A nice, rational, response from a ranter who has no argument

Ibrox preacher:

Who said we had to support england? The op didnt.he mentioned about rangers being a british club.

You're another who only highlights his own pish. What you need to realise, along with your jacobite pals, is that england isnt Britain. Even better, go to a library and look at a map.

A nice, rational, response from a ranter who has no argument

Ibrox preacher:

Who said we had to support england? The op didnt.he mentioned about rangers being a british club.

You're another who only highlights his own pish. What you need to realise, along with your jacobite pals, is that england isnt Britain. Even better, go to a library and look at a map.

I have no argument because you're not giving me one. All you're saying is you think i'm an arsehole, sorry 'ranter', so you're not considering what I'm posting. Fair enough.