Nationalist Rangers Fans

GOAT

Fair enough mate, but when I was reading my copy of The Gallant Pioneers, I don't recall much being said about politics or religion. These are vehicles used to hijack our club.

I can say with 100% certainty, that when I became a Rangers fan as a young boy, it had absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the fact that I liked the colours and thought the supporters packed on the swaying terraces looked and sounded fucking amazing. All the baggage came later. Years later in my case. Its baggage I no longer carry.

In my opinion, Rangers were not built on these traditions.......they attached themselves at a later date (John Ure Primrose, take a bow).

hail hail

WATP

Hi mate what i will say is they must have believed in religon as they would not allow our club to play on a Sunday at one time.

Do you think the victimisation of Rangers fans is not politically motivated?

No - I think Alex and the SNP have been stupid on this one and attacked and alienated all football fans equally. We only take it that it is aimed soley at us?

It was a unionist party.

There was a party in scotland called the unionist party that would have taken a fair percent of the shipyard vote i would bet...

I doubt it - I doubt there was much support for any party except the Labour party within the shipyards, except at upper management levels.

I doubt it - I doubt there was much support for any party except the Labour party within the shipyards, except at upper management levels.

The unionist party support was working class Protestant , Masonic and orange ( in the west if Scotland anyway) I'll let youb decide if the shipyards fit that demographic

Hi mate what i will say is they must have believed in religon as they would not allow our club to play on a Sunday at one time.

I don't doubt it minst, but I aint standing up for anyones religion except that of Jock Wallace..ie, football. As for nationality, well, I couldn't give a fuck if I'm Scottish and/or British, I'm off to Spain on Tuesday for a week.:D This whole island is shite.

Hats off to GOAT again for finding another way to get us all arguing, bickering and name-calling, sterling work. (tu)

The unionist party support was working class Protestant , Masonic and orange ( in the west if Scotland anyway) I'll let youb decide if the shipyards fit that demographic

Well considering there were shipyards long before even Rangers and given that the labour party did not become a real force until the early 20s and given there was no purely Scottish party (such as the SNP) to rally behind it is not surprising - but as alternates emerged, in particular the Labour party there was a huge swing in particular after ww2 to such an extent that the Unionist party died (1955 ish IIRC) and went to heaven (actually it went to hell and merged with the conservatives :sherlock: )

No - I think Alex and the SNP have been stupid on this one and attacked and alienated all football fans equally. We only take it that it is aimed soley at us?

So what do you make of Republican Rosie admitting at the very start it was in essence an anti catholic piece of legislation in that it was primarily aimed at protecting them and punishing protestant or anti catholic bigots.

So what do you make of Republican Rosie admitting at the very start it was in essence an anti catholic piece of legislation in that it was primarily aimed at protecting them and punishing protestant or anti catholic bigots.

She is entitled to her wrong opinion

That is endorsed by her boss and those involved in it's endorsement.

Didn't see Salmond pullng her up for it or asking her to retract the comment or apologise for it.

Its a political debate - some MAY agree with her others MAY disagree. SShe is entitled to her opinion.

Really - I originally come from Perthshire - well known for years as the safest Conservative seat in Scotland (how times changed) but never really been that aware of a huge Conservative vote from common working men.

Maggie did put and end to a lot of Conservative support up here and that we agree on.

Maggie done more for the "working man" than any labour leader has. If not for her we would have become a second rate backwater in the early 80's. Sadly Gordon knows best Brown has made sure it is happening now.

Maggie done more for the "working man" than any labour leader has. If not for her we would have become a second rate backwater in the early 80's. Sadly Gordon knows best Brown has made sure it is happening now.

:lol: her genius :sherlock: and phillantrophy :sherlock: towards the working man may get recognised sometime in the future but it has a ways to go in Scotland at the moment I think. She will be remembered in history for a long time but, in my opinion, not with any fondness, nor greatness.

:lol: her genius :sherlock: and phillantrophy :sherlock: towards the working man may get recognised sometime in the future but it has a ways to go in Scotland at the moment I think. She will be remembered in history for a long time but, in my opinion, not with any fondness, nor greatness.

the old bastard should have been put on trial as a war criminal she after all gave the order to murder the sailors of the belgrano when its a known fact it was sailing away from the exclusion zone and i know as i was fucking there .....

That is endorsed by her boss and those involved in it's endorsement.

Didn't see Salmond pullng her up for it or asking her to retract the comment or apologise for it.

I read through it yesterday for the first time (or at least the justice committees 70 pages of recommendations) and no wonder your devines and co are trying to get parts of the legislation removed as it will allow the police to arrest them for singing about the IRA.

She is a politician, she doesn't tell the police, Fiscal or the judiciary how to enforce a law.

The whole law is over the top but to say it's a tool to persecute Protestants doesn’t appear to be backed up by the wording of the legislation. It's all encompasing to say the least.

But they don't have their own Governments, you seem to have some sort of mental block.

And OK, I got the quiz wrong, what was the answer? Fuck the English?

And it is a Government that invariably has an influential Scottish representation, like the last PM for example.

I'm all for letting everyone in to support us and all that, but why would they want to support this club? Surely everything about this club from the flag flying proudly above Ibrox, to the potrait on the wall, screams it's a proud British Institution. Everything these people are against and hate.

I just don't understand how a nationalist Rangers fans mind works.

I don't understand how a unionist rangers fans mind works. I'm proud to be Scottish and I support a proud Scottish club.