Nationalist Rangers Fans

GOAT

Personally, I think it would be pretty stupid to let my political stance dictate what team I supported/let what team I supported dictate my political stance. I've been a Rangers fan since I was a kid. My political views developed years later.

Too much sense spoken in this post.

Jacobites opposed the act of union mate in 1707.

Good point (tu)

However they were fighting for the Stuart Dynasty to rule the whole of the British Isles. Otherwise they would have stopped when they had virtually secured Scotland.

I had just assumed that had they won their own Act of Union would eventually have followed, but maybe not.

So OK, my bad.

I was refering to the OP as his point seemed to imply that an "England over Scotland" mentality was required to be a Rangers fan, OR was only welcome as a Rangers fan.

But to respond to what you said I don't have an irrational hatred of the English - I just believe than everyone has their own country's best interests at heart generally and my interests therefor are in Scotland's best interests - not England's, I dare say the vast majoraty of England is interested in their best interests aswell. Infact I would say that the belief of 'Britain before England' is a minoraty standpoint within England and therefor i'm on a respective par with the english in looking out for number 1.

But Scotland is a Region of the UK ,havent you heard?Rule Britannia.

God Save the Queen.

Listen prick if you're going to nit-pick about what I say in responce to someone else - where did I say I was a jacobite?, two - the OP stated that being Nationalist was in conflict with being a Rangers supporter, three- my point was that I look out for what's best for Scotland first and as Rangers are a Scottish club there's no conlict of interest, four - I didn't say I wasn't proud to be British or that I favoured breaking up the UK.

So "even better" go take a good fuck to yourself!

:mutley:

You can get counselling for your anger.

Manticore

We both had valid points. You hit the nail in the head with "the wrong monarchy though!

Preacher

I didnt say you mentioned you were a jaco. Im labelling you one.

Also, read you earlier post about the op mentioning england. You associate england as being Britain

He didnt

So now you take your ninja stars and crossbow and fire them at someone els

Virtually of course as usual. h

OP is your point that in order to be a Rangers fan you must pledge allegience with the English?

If you want a "must love england" fans policy installed at Rangers or think everyone whom supports Rangers should love the English - here's an idea for you - jog on to England, you're no better than a tim thinking Ireland is his homeland.

The OP did not mention pledging allegience with the English?

He did not mention a ''must love england'' policy

So here is an idea for you - Stop talking bollocks.

Rangers have a very proud tradition of being a Scottish and British club, with a support that largely has pride in the Union. Our players are welcomed by a portrait of the Queen in the home dressing room before every match and run on to the pitch between a saltire and union flag often warming up to Rule Britannia, The Dambusters and The great escape.

We are a club with undoubted pride in the Union (not england or the english) but our Union with our neighbours. You seem confused by this matter and have twisted the OP's original post to something it clearly is not. He is asking about how a nationalist supporter can support a club with such a proud tradition, history and support of the Union.

We are More than a club

Mcinnes

I was trying to add reply to that first post by the jacobite preacher. Still not got used to this phone though.

Thats exactly the points i was making and he started a load of shite

Interesting to hear his reply

The OP did not mention pledging allegience with the English?

He did not mention a ''must love england'' policy

So here is an idea for you - Stop talking bollocks.

Rangers have a very proud tradition of being a Scottish and British club, with a support that largely has pride in the Union. Our players are welcomed by a portrait of the Queen in the home dressing room before every match and run on to the pitch between a saltire and union flag often warming up to Rule Britannia, The Dambusters and The great escape.

We are a club with undoubted pride in the Union (not england or the english) but our Union with our neighbours. You seem confused by this matter and have twisted the OP's original post to something it clearly is not. He is asking about how a nationalist supporter can support a club with such a proud tradition, history and support of the Union.

We are More than a club

never heard so much shite in my life. yes we are more than a club, but we are not a political party. you sound like you are reading from a script that someone else has written, why not voice your own views instead of others. the OP is known for his rediculous posts, dont jump on the bandwagon.

we are a proud british club, but you don't have to fly the union flag, or be a protestant to feel part of Rangers.