Spain V Scotland

G.E.C.

it will take a minor miracle to get anything from this, the 2 games v the czech republic cost us dear, 4-6-0 :anguish:

Whilst I know Walter Smith has his flaws, Levein is not anywhere near good enough to manage at this level. His record with Dundee United virtually says it all. His record against the Old Firm was average at best and not once did he take United into Europe or win a trophy. He has no idea how to beat Spain on Tuesday, or even get a draw. His game last night, pressure and possession in midfield, is weak because it only really works against sides who aren't as good as us. Spain are masters at that game and will give us a lesson, other teams will defend better and go through us because that central defence is fucking shocking. Why of why he is not playing Andy Webster I do not know. The Czech's just need a point. I'm pretty sure they'll get it. Levein, after a very dodgy start, will keep the post and look forward to 2014. If we get anybody decent, aside from the seed, in the draw you can forget the World Cup too. Sorry to sound like the harbringer of doom but last nite the commentators were kidding themselves on...

Whilst I know Walter Smith has his flaws, Levein is not anywhere near good enough to manage at this level. His record with Dundee United virtually says it all. His record against the Old Firm was average at best and not once did he take United into Europe or win a trophy. He has no idea how to beat Spain on Tuesday, or even get a draw. His game last night, pressure and possession in midfield, is weak because it only really works against sides who aren't as good as us. Spain are masters at that game and will give us a lesson, other teams will defend better and go through us because that central defence is fucking shocking. Why of why he is not playing Andy Webster I do not know. The Czech's just need a point. I'm pretty sure they'll get it. Levein, after a very dodgy start, will keep the post and look forward to 2014. If we get anybody decent, aside from the seed, in the draw you can forget the World Cup too. Sorry to sound like the harbringer of doom but last nite the commentators were kidding themselves on...

Andy Webster ??? Are you serious ?

Wilson's a cunt, Perry's with the U21's, Call-Me-Kenneth is worse than Caldwell or Berra and fucking Charlie Mildew? You still drinkin' or wit?

Andy Webster is the biggest shite bag ever to pull on the Rangers jersey and you want him in the Scotland team I'd rather play broadfoot and that's saying something

Andy Webster is the biggest shite bag ever to pull on the Rangers jersey and you want him in the Scotland team I'd rather play broadfoot and that's saying something

For sure, I think he's got the morals of a hungry vulture but that doesn't change the fact he's a quality defender on his game. And what's up with big silky Broadfoot? He should he in the team too. Great player.

Even with the group won Spain will still want to bow out in style.

If I was the manager I would double team on Xavi, Xabi Alonso and Iniesta

Your fucking worse than Levein. That leaves 4 players to take care of 7 other far superior players. It we even want too stand a chance that's certainly no fucking it by a long shot. All we can hope for is the good old Walter Smith approach of soaking up a lot of pressure then hitting on the break or playing high up the park and try and pressure Spain.

Also I love the intellectual argument against Wilson...

:wanker:

Wilson doesn't have the temperament. The two big games he's played in (Rangers v St Mirren league cup final and Scotland v Czech Republic) he's made costly errors. Alright, maybe that's just inexperience. Maybe Wilson's as good as Alan Hanson. But when he's not starting for Liverpool he won't start for Scotland.

:wanker:

Wilson doesn't have the temperament. The two big games he's played in (Rangers v St Mirren league cup final and Scotland v Czech Republic) he's made costly errors. Alright, maybe that's just inexperience. Maybe Wilson's as good as Alan Hanson. But when he's not starting for Liverpool he won't start for Scotland.

Hutton was in the team when he was rotting in the Spurs reserves, Fletcher is getting picked and he hasnt kicked a ball for his club in months, James Forrest came off the bench last night..

not just away games being the problem... the glorious failure against Spain and the ref-fixed last 5 mins against the Czechs nailed us...

In the end I wouldn't be surprised if we lost it on goal difference.... we lose and Czechs draw against Lith. - then the fact that we missed so many chances tonight will take on a whole new meaning...

:(

It comes down to Head-Head I'm sure.

So if that did happen we wouldn't make the knockouts, for obvious reasons.

The game in Kaunas ( I hate saying that name ) is huge.