Spain V Scotland

G.E.C.

Aye, the main one is your team is mostly gash. :broadfoot:

chelsea-barca-ref-tom-henning-ovrebo.jpg

We'll still get pumped, but the chance was gone over the two games against the Czechs.

Most teams in the playoffs are probably hoping we get through and they get to play us in all honesty.

Knowing Scotland we will get a result against Spain, but Czech Rep will win.

Yet another Glorious failure.

we are one point ahead of the czechs.

if we get a result in spain - which i take to mean a win, then a czech win means fuck all.

so, pray tell, in what way would this be a 'glorious failure'.

oh, wait a minute, i get it, getting through the group is a glorious failure for the disgruntled

we are one point ahead of the czechs.

if we get a result in spain - which i take to mean a win, then a czech win means fuck all.

so, pray tell, in what way would this be a 'glorious failure'.

oh, wait a minute, i get it, getting through the group is a glorious failure for the disgruntled

I meant a result like a draw. Then the Czech Rep winning hence why we failed again with a glorious failure that we are all accustomed with as a Scotland fan

I meant a result like a draw. Then the Czech Rep winning hence why we failed again with a glorious failure that we are all accustomed with as a Scotland fan

imo it was patently clear what you were meaning and he's just a grumpy sod.

my crystal ball tells me...

Czech Rep to go 1-0 at 86 mins

scotland have there first attack on 90th min adam wonderball to naismith who hits it first time on the volley from 25 yards top corner screamer to lead 1-0.

3 mins added time

penalty spain.

Torres steps up... Mcgregor saves... falls back to villa mcregor saves again...falls to toress OPEN GOAL...... he SCORES!

lithuania score last second goal

we go through.

what a night we are in for8-)

Cheers, I thought it was to. (tu)

Supporting Scotland has that affect on you, hope I'm proved wrong though. I'd love to see us compete at a Major tournament again. It's been far too long.

Agreed. Christ, I was a kid during France 98.

I'd love to have a beer and watch us in a major tournament.

Can't see it happening under CL though.

Agreed. Christ, I was a kid during France 98.

I'd love to have a beer and watch us in a major tournament.

Can't see it happening under CL though.

Same here, it would be a welcomed boost to the full of Scottish Football if we did qualify. Scotland would be bouncing if we did make it and a dare say the drinks would be flowing. :D

Still think we need to give CL time, they're some signs we are heading in the right direction.

Same here, it would be a welcomed boost to the full of Scottish Football if we did qualify. Scotland would be bouncing if we did make it and a dare say the drinks would be flowing. :D

Still think we need to give CL time, they're some signs we are heading in the right direction.

I remember watching QI and hearing that the weekend we played Norway in Bordeaux, we drank more beer there that weekend than Bordeaux does in an entire year.

The football is better and we're winning more, albeit not by huge scores. Still think he must get to the playoffs to keep it going, the two games against the Czechs and away to Lithuania were shocking lapses in judgement and have cost us any chance.

I remember watching QI and hearing that the weekend we played Norway in Bordeaux, we drank more beer there that weekend than Bordeaux does in an entire year.

The football is better and we're winning more, albeit not by huge scores. Still think he must get to the playoffs to keep it going, the two games against the Czechs and away to Lithuania were shocking lapses in judgement and have cost us any chance.

One thing is for sure if we do make the playoffs. Then our support will follow with the thousands. If we make the Euro's think Scotland might be empty for a wee while, as a clamber for tickets would follow as it's been a long while. The bars better stock up :beer1:

Yeah it was a severe lack of judgement, but since then CL has learnt and we have progressed slowly plus brought through a lot of new players into our international set up. We have a stronger, healthier, younger national team that looks like getting better over the next few years.

Time will tell though, but I feel CL has to be given at least the World Cup Qualifiers to finish what he's started.

One thing is for sure if we do make the playoffs. Then our support will follow with the thousands. If we make the Euro's think Scotland might be empty for a wee while, as a clamber for tickets would follow as it's been a long while. The bars better stock up :beer1:

Yeah it was a severe lack of judgement, but since then CL has learnt and we have progressed slowly plus brought through a lot of new players into our international set up. We have a stronger, healthier, younger national team that looks like getting better over the next few years.

Time will tell though, but I feel CL has to be given at least the World Cup Qualifiers to finish what he's started.

I'd give him that but any repeat of a debacle like the 4-6-0 and he should be given the elbow.

Have to say I think the second half against Lichtenstein and the same against the Czech Republic don't exactly fill me with confidence. Yes, some of the attacking play is good on occasion and they hold the ball reasonably well in the midfield but they really fall out of the game from time to time. I don't see how it's possible for Spain not to score tomorrow.

I fear we'll lose tomorrow night unless it's Spains under 12's who play us.

did you happen to see our game against these world champions last year when they needed a dodgy penalty and had 11 men against our ten.

when's the last time a team scored two goals against them?

with an objective ref - which, since the inception of european football, is granted - a fuckin joke of an idea, we'd have a good chance of victory.

euro refs to their fuckin disgrace are responsible for the perpetuation of the most despicable act in football - diving - which spain has been a leading proponent of throughout its history - players rolling around on the fuckin grass like they got hit by a double decker bus - an act of time wasting, cheatin, pussy bastards.

and if it came to a choice of winning a world cup or Cl championship with this tactic as an intrinsic component of our football heritage, or playing the game like a man and being last, then i'd take the latter every fuckin everytime.

i think its shameful, if you are a scot, to state that our national team could only beat spanish 12 year olds.

furthermore, diving and feigning injury is anathema to our game, and our scottish twelve year olds who play the game despising such a tactic show more manliness than spanish national teams and club teams who have a history of rolling around on the fuckin deck uninjured like fuckin poofters.

my crystal ball tells me...

Czech Rep to go 1-0 at 86 mins

scotland have there first attack on 90th min adam wonderball to naismith who hits it first time on the volley from 25 yards top corner screamer to lead 1-0.

3 mins added time

penalty spain.

Torres steps up... Mcgregor saves... falls back to villa mcregor saves again...falls to toress OPEN GOAL...... he SCORES!

lithuania score last second goal

we go through.

what a night we are in for8-)

If it happens like that I can see me walking into work on Wednesday with a beer in my hand absolutely pished !

did you happen to see our game against these world champions last year when they needed a dodgy penalty and had 11 men against our ten.

when's the last time a team scored two goals against them?

with an objective ref - which, since the inception of european football, is granted - a fuckin joke of an idea, we'd have a good chance of victory.

euro refs to their fuckin disgrace are responsible for the perpetuation of the most despicable act in football - diving - which spain has been a leading proponent of throughout its history - players rolling around on the fuckin grass like they got hit by a double decker bus - an act of time wasting, cheatin, pussy bastards.

and if it came to a choice of winning a world cup or Cl championship with this tactic as an intrinsic component of our football heritage, or playing the game like a man and being last, then i'd take the latter every fuckin everytime.

i think its shameful, if you are a scot, to state that our national team could only beat spanish 12 year olds.

furthermore, diving and feigning injury is anathema to our game, and our scottish twelve year who olds play the game despising such a tactic show more manliness than spanish national teams and club teams who have a history of rolling around on the fuckin deck uninjured like fuckin poofters.

Oh boy, the Spain arse licking brigade on here are going to hate you for outing the truth.

'getting a result' meant a win to me. there's just something about a 'draw' i just never consider in terms of 'getting a result', however, if it occurs on ths occasion in conjuction with a czech loss then there's always the glorious exception.