What To Buy. An Xbox 360 Or Ps3?

Radioactiveman

Alright folks, im not much of a massive gamer but won a couple of coupons recently and decided to get myself into this Fifa and Call of Duty malarky! What is the better out of the 2 consoles? I notice Xbox have different models etc so what would you guys recommend?. cheers.

The best answer to this question is : buy whatever the majority of your friends own. Gaming is much more fun when you play with your own friends online.

If you dont want to play online the next thing to look at is each console's exclusive games and what you'd be more interested in. I.e. Xbox has the Forza series; Gears of War series and the Halo series. The PS3 has Killzone series; Uncharted series and Resistance series.

For both consoles - go for one of the updated "slim" consoles rather than the older models as they are prone to overheating and malfunctioning. Have a look on www.hotukdeals.com there's quite a few deals going around right now on both consoles. Always buy now, don't wait, the prices will be going up for Xmas pretty soon IMO.

The best answer to this question is : buy whatever the majority of your friends own. Gaming is much more fun when you play with your own friends online.

If you dont want to play online the next thing to look at is each console's exclusive games and what you'd be more interested in. I.e. Xbox has the Forza series; Gears of War series and the Halo series. The PS3 has Killzone series; Uncharted series and Resistance series.

For both consoles - go for one of the updated "slim" consoles rather than the older models as they are prone to overheating and malfunctioning. Have a look on www.hotukdeals.com there's quite a few deals going around right now on both consoles. Always buy now, don't wait, the prices will be going up for Xmas pretty soon IMO.

A reason i might buy a xbox, forza 4 just looks awesome

Great post. :clap:

Console exclusives is the way to look at it.. The 360 used to be extremely dominant. here, but it's probably favouring the PS3 now. These are the biggest exclusive on each platform..

Xbox 360

Gears of War (series)

Forza (series)

Alan Wake

Fable (series)

Halo (series)

Left4Dead (series)

Kinect peripheral

PS3

Uncharted (series)

God of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous (series)

Little big planet (series)

Motorstorm (series)

Heavy Rain

Ratchet and Clank (series)

Resistance (series)

Twisted Metal

Yakuza (series)

Demon Souls

HD remake of the Splinter Cell trilogy

HD remake of God of War trilogy

HD remake of the Prince of Persia games

HD remake of Ico and Shadow of the collossus

Plsyation Move peripheral

From there you need to look at other features and such... i.e.

PS3 has a built in blu ray player and free online. (this is huge if your only a casual gamer)

360 has cross game chat and the marketplace is far better than PS store.

Console exclusives is the way to look at it.. The 360 used to be extremely dominant. here, but it's probably favouring the PS3 now. These are the biggest exclusive on each platform..

Xbox 360

Gears of War (series)

Forza (series)

Alan Wake

Fable (series)

Halo (series)

Left4Dead (series)

Kinect peripheral

PS3

Uncharted (series)

God of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous (series)

Little big planet (series)

Motorstorm (series)

Heavy Rain

Ratchet and Clank (series)

Resistance (series)

Twisted Metal

Yakuza (series)

Demon Souls

HD remake of the Splinter Cell trilogy

HD remake of God of War trilogy

HD remake of the Prince of Persia games

HD remake of Ico and Shadow of the collossus

Plsyation Move peripheral

From there you need to look at other features and such... i.e.

PS3 has a built in blu ray player and free online. (this is huge if your only a casual gamer)

360 has cross game chat and the marketplace is far better than PS store.

Also

Killzone 2

Killzone 3 PS3 only

• 2 weeks later...

Should have went for the PS3, a more powerful machine so it should last longer. Battlefield 3 was a struggle to downgrade to run on the xbox, the next wave of games wont run on it. Thats one of the reasons why you can buy all the cool star wars etc versions of the xbox.