*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Something I've never ever had before. Ibrox will host the 2015 Champions League Final! So now I have to make sure we get there ;)

ibrox1.jpg

Atm the capacity is reduced as they are upgrading it a tad.

Ended up winning the treble in the first season, and reached the Europa League Final but lost to Leverkusen 2-1, they scored with five minutes left. Oh well...

Oh and since Neil Alexander left in the January window I had been playing the second half of the season without any real back up, which was fine until the Scottish Cup Final against ICT when McGregor slide to catch the ball on the edge of the area and just carried it outside the box and was given a RED card. That meant Scott Gallacher had to come on and he's just not very good. [hes gone now anyway] fortunately we were 2-0 up and went on to win 3-1. So anyway in the summer I did a really crazy thing - I signed Fraser Forster as back up :(

However I also spent just over £1m to bring in McGregor's long term replacement, step up and play, Moussa Marthadi. Him and a teammate at Auxerre were reccomended to me by a scout so although it was just over £1m each I think its a good long term signing and even if they dont make it with us they will surely have a sell on value.

marthadi1.jpg

Came 4th with Newcastle and got to the final of the FA cup.

I got a pleasant surprise when I was given 14 million in January, signed Hargreaves, Szczesney, Afellay and Kaboul.

Lost to Blackburn in the FA cup final :anguish:

I expected a big transfer budget so I could push on and keep my place in the top 4 but I only got 6 million :anguish:

So far i've signed Sturridge permenantly, Chamakh on loan, Bosingwa on a free, some youngster called Cotton and McMillan on a free.

Think i'll struggle to make top 4 this season.

Just finished my first season and obviously won the league ;)

Went to Celtic Park the 3rd last game, winning 1-0 with Lafferty getting a 87th min winner. Next game i went onto beat Hibs 3-1 at Ibrox as Celtic could only draw with Hearts.

Brought in Danny Wilson on loan, Cedric Bakambu on loan, Lasse Schone for £1.9m from NEC and Arne Friedrich on a free and he's been called into the German preliminary squad for Euro 2012 :D

Scottish Cup Final up next against them.

Tried to sign Kagawa on free transfer, but he wasnt interested. My current starting 11:

Plamen Iliev

Matias Schelotto, Goncalo Brandao, Ross Perry(goalscoring machine!), Barry Douglas(Lee Wallace)

Bakary Sako, Steven Davis, Scott Allan, Gregg Wylde

Billy Sharp(Murphy), Leigh Griffiths

Next game, Ross County knock us out of the League Cup in Dingwall. Pricks.

Aye, I made eleven changes, but fucking hell, players like McKay, Bedoya, big Davie Weir and Kyle Bartley should be skelping the side that sits bottom of the First Division. They went two-nil up after about half-an-hour and, despite Healy scoring just after half-time, we were shite. Bedoya started his first game and lost possession with every second involvement. Bartley's marking handed them the first, as well.

I went mental at them at full-time and a few seemed demotivated. Ballbags.

After that fuck-up, I replaced the eleven changes with the usual starting eleven for an away game at Dunfermline. We won four-nil with Naismith scoring twice and that puts us top of the table on goal difference with Hearts while Celtic are one point behind.

After that, the press asked me about McIntyre and, for some reason, I assumed that he was praising us. He wasn't, but. The cunt was taking the piss and I was telling the Daily Record or something like that how I thought he was doing well. Fuck's sake.

Our next game which I've just finished was our second Champions' League group game in Portugal against Porto. They're top of the Portuguese league, had won one-nil in Dortmund in the first group game and have got some side. I'm talking world class, so I set-up a tight ship and hoped to get them on the counter.

They dominated the first-half, but we kept the ball in the second and could have scored when Whittaker hit their bar, but that big bastard Hulk scored the winner in the 87th minute and I was gutted. I praised them after it because our player ratings were good with McGregor getting man of the match.

Zenit skelped Dortmund three-nil in Russia, so we're second and our next fixture is at home to Dortmund who've yet to score a goal, never mind get a point. Having said that, they're top of the Bundesliga.

Next, it's Hibs at Ibrox.

Documents > Football Manager 2012 > Skins

You might need to create a folder called skins mate. ;)

Cheers man. Dont think that works when you install if through steam though :( cant get it to work.

Edit: Did some shuffling stuff around and got it working. For anyone struggling with the same problem its,

Steam > Steamapps > common > football manager 2012 > data > sigfx > skins

They dont make it easy :P

Cheers man. Dont think that works when you install if through steam though :( cant get it to work.

You need to go to preferences in FM, go to display and there will be a dropdown called skin or something and change it to the name of the one you want. Untick the cache box or something it's right next to it. :)

I'm fuckin' struggling to get a replacement for Jelavic. No one wants to come to me, or are asking for way too much in wages. Any ideas?

BTW, a good CB 2nd season - Francois Affolter from Young Boys. (tu)

Milan Djuric. Signed him at the start of the second season for £1.4m and he's been brilliant so far.

Probably already been mentioned, but Andile Jali is brilliant. Nabbed him for £300k at the beginning and just over a season later I'm knocking back £6m bids.

Finished my Golden Arrows season.

I went 27 games unbeaten after a fairly shaky start (that meant it stretched back to November). I missed out on first place by a single, solitary point. :(

So I headed into the play-offs. For those of you unfamiliar with South Africas domestic league, second bottom in the Premier League goes into the hat with second, third and fourth from the First Division. There's then semi's and a final.

First game was up against the 4th placed team.. comfortable 3-0 victory courtesy of a hat-trick from my centre back :D

So that took me through to the final, where I played the team that finished 3rd. Won 2-1 thanks to Lucky Maselesele, after some excellent advice from my coach Screamer Tshabalala :D

Left at the end of that season, to try a new continent. So I loaded up Scotland, England and Scandinavia...

Oh, and I'm also still with Bahrain. Didn't manage the World Cup qualification, but I was in a really tough group, and it had already started.

Japan edged the battle against us which finished 4-1, then we later humiliated Iran 1-0. :D

Just hit January 2013..16 points clear :praise:

My Line up

LineUp.jpg

Story so far...

OUT

Sold Goian in August, Anzi(The Russian Oil run club) offered £2.5m couldn't refuse that so had to look for a quick replacement...

Alexander went to West Brom for 200k so brought in Jaaskelainen on a free til the end of the season when he's set to retire.

Sold Wallace and Bedoya for £2.2m and £2m, Ajax and Norwich. Jamie Murphy went to Burnley for £1.5m, doubling what I paid for him.

Hutton, Cole, Adam, Fleck, Perry and Johnny Russell are all away on Loan til the end of the season.

IN

Summer Window

Jussi Jaaskelainen - Free from Bolton, had no Budget left but plenty of wage to play with, needed back up for Shagger now that Alexander had left.

Darren Barr as backup and Gordon Smith ( (tu) ) to go to the U19's - 40k and 10k from Hearts, who were relegated :lol:

Kyle Naughton - £1.7m from Spurs :praise: what a player!

Scott Allan - Free from Dundee United, had to pay 900k compensation though :wank:

Walter Gargano - £4.1m from Napoli :crywank: Him and Davis in midfield, until he got a 4 month injury.

Gai Assulin - Free from Man City, brilliant on the left side.

Peter Whittingham - £2m from Cardiff, panic buy really, was in talks with Dos Santos from Spurs but he chose to sign for the Mhanks for £2.5m instead cause they offered him a better pay rise per year :disappointment:

Carlos Cuellar - 800k from Aston Villa, perfect replacement for Goian

Alex Chamberlain and Federico Macheda - Year Long Loans, haven't really used them in the first team apart from European games.

Here's were it gets insane.

January Window

OUT

Nicika Jelavic - £12m to Norwich...aye, I was left wondering where they managed to pull that figure from :lol:

IN

Sime Vrsalijko - £7.5m from Newcastle, highest rated from all my scouts so decided to take the punt.

Neil Taylor £2m from Swansea, decided I need a LB because I wanted to start playing Naughton in his proper RB role.

David Goodwillie - 700K from CHAMPIONSHIP STRUGGLERS BLACKBURN, He issued a come get me plea and asked to come to Rangers :lol:

Greg Cunningham - £1m from Man City, wanted a young player who I could mould into a star and keep him as a First XI player for a few years.

AND THE BEST OF ALL!

Carlos Tevez - £13m:crywank: from Man City, he kept no showing Training and kept falling out with Mancini so I decided to beg Whyte for the funds and he somehow gave me them, I tried in the summer when City wanted £18m for him. He's on half my wage budget though :lol:

...HERE WE GO 5 IN A ROW :praise:

Just hit January 2013..16 points clear :praise:

My Line up

LineUp.jpg

Story so far...

OUT

Sold Goian in August, Anzi(The Russian Oil run club) offered £2.5m couldn't refuse that so had to look for a quick replacement...

Alexander went to West Brom for 200k so brought in Jaaskelainen on a free til the end of the season when he's set to retire.

Sold Wallace and Bedoya for £2.2m and £2m, Ajax and Norwich. Jamie Murphy went to Burnley for £1.5m, doubling what I paid for him.

Hutton, Cole, Adam, Fleck, Perry and Johnny Russell are all away on Loan til the end of the season.

IN

Summer Window

Jussi Jaaskelainen - Free from Bolton, had no Budget left but plenty of wage to play with, needed back up for Shagger now that Alexander had left.

Darren Barr as backup and Gordon Smith ( (tu) ) to go to the U19's - 40k and 10k from Hearts, who were relegated :lol:

Kyle Naughton - £1.7m from Spurs :praise: what a player!

Scott Allan - Free from Dundee United, had to pay 900k compensation though :wank:

Walter Gargano - £4.1m from Napoli :crywank: Him and Davis in midfield, until he got a 4 month injury.

Gai Assulin - Free from Man City, brilliant on the left side.

Peter Whittingham - £2m from Cardiff, panic buy really, was in talks with Dos Santos from Spurs but he chose to sign for the Mhanks for £2.5m instead cause they offered him a better pay rise per year :disappointment:

Carlos Cuellar - 800k from Aston Villa, perfect replacement for Goian

Alex Chamberlain and Federico Macheda - Year Long Loans, haven't really used them in the first team apart from European games.

Here's were it gets insane.

January Window

OUT

Nicika Jelavic - £12m to Norwich...aye, I was left wondering where they managed to pull that figure from :lol:

IN

Sime Vrsalijko - £7.5m from Newcastle, highest rated from all my scouts so decided to take the punt.

Neil Taylor £2m from Swansea, decided I need a LB because I wanted to start playing Naughton in his proper RB role.

David Goodwillie - 700K from CHAMPIONSHIP STRUGGLERS BLACKBURN, He issued a come get me plea and asked to come to Rangers :lol:

Greg Cunningham - £1m from Man City, wanted a young player who I could mould into a star and keep him as a First XI player for a few years.

AND THE BEST OF ALL!

Carlos Tevez - £13m:crywank: from Man City, he kept no showing Training and kept falling out with Mancini so I decided to beg Whyte for the funds and he somehow gave me them, I tried in the summer when City wanted £18m for him. He's on half my wage budget though :lol:

...HERE WE GO 5 IN A ROW :praise:

brilliant :praise:

Champions league final in my 2nd season. Lost to Barca in the final after extra time. Will post my full story tonight when I am in from work. (i am very proud of my achievements). needless to say my girlfriend has not been best pleased with my addiction to the game. I even tried renaming Steve Davis after her to try and generate some interest....it worked for about two games.

Is there a way to allow FM to run in the background this year? I used to do this all the time on previous FM's however when I exit FM to use another window this year the game seems to pause during a match. Any way of changing this?