*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Well that was going so well...

Got right into that, set up my tactics, had a look at my squad was fairly pleased, got to know the players who were the ones I would have to pin my hopes on and the like, then not long after the transfer market opened I get a message stating that almost my whole team and the majority of my youth team's contracts were up at the end of the season and there was not a chance I had enough money to give any new contracts out.

That's the end of that then....

Why? Sounds like a good challenge to me.

Sell a few of the players you aren't going to need to pay for contracts on the ones you do, then start looking for players you can bring in on frees when the season is over.

That sounds like my kind of game, might start one up with them once I've finished with my Rangers game.

Well that was going so well...

Got right into that, set up my tactics, had a look at my squad was fairly pleased, got to know the players who were the ones I would have to pin my hopes on and the like, then not long after the transfer market opened I get a message stating that almost my whole team and the majority of my youth team's contracts were up at the end of the season and there was not a chance I had enough money to give any new contracts out.

That's the end of that then....

You wanted something different because going Rangers was too easy, you get quite a good challenge and you chuck it? Pfft, man up.

:broadfoot:

Hit a pretty poor run of form with Raith now. After leading at Dundee United in the League Cup, they eventually put me out 3-1, my sub keeper getting lobbed twice...

Then had two games I thought I should have won beforehand, but could only draw 1-1 with both Livingston and Thistle, before I hosted Deveronvale in the semis of the Challenge Cup. Was losing up until the last kick of the game, with Rhys McCabe firing in a late leveller. Won late on in extra time, but I'm now a good 9 or 10 behind Morton.

Hit a pretty poor run of form with Raith now. After leading at Dundee United in the League Cup, they eventually put me out 3-1, my sub keeper getting lobbed twice...

Then had two games I thought I should have won beforehand, but could only draw 1-1 with both Livingston and Thistle, before I hosted Deveronvale in the semis of the Challenge Cup. Was losing up until the last kick of the game, with Rhys McCabe firing in a late leveller. Won late on in extra time, but I'm now a good 9 or 10 behind Morton.

How many goals has Counago scored for you in the league?

Also, any chance you can check who Morton's top goalscorer is as I'll probably start a game with them when I get FM.

Well, after the high of winning the league, the reality of what has just happened is sinking in.

Due to SPL regulations, we have to expand and modernise our stadium. Which means 2 MILLION POUNDS worth of upgrades.

Bear in mind, this is a team that were struggling with finances anyway.

I simply have to stay in the SPL this season, or we're in trouble.

Also, due to having only 2 central defenders left, I had to bump up a youth player to the first team, giving me six new youth players this year. The one I've just taken up is only 15, with very poor physical stats, but we can work on that. His technical ability is good.

How many goals has Counago scored for you in the league?

Also, any chance you can check who Morton's top goalscorer is as I'll probably start a game with them when I get FM.

He's not been great, 5 goals in the League Cup, but he's only got 2 in 7 in the league. John Baird is easily my better forward, with 9 in 6 in the league, and 16 in 15 overall.

Morton's top scorer in the league is Andy Jackson, has 6 and 10 overall. He's about their only source of goals though, few players on 3 and 2.

He's not been great, 5 goals in the League Cup, but he's only got 2 in 7 in the league. John Baird is easily my better forward, with 9 in 6 in the league, and 16 in 15 overall.

Morton's top scorer in the league is Andy Jackson, has 6 and 10 overall. He's about their only source of goals though, few players on 3 and 2.

Cheers mate. (tu)

Season results so far:

ROSS COUNTY 0-3 CELTIC

We deserved to lose that game. Totally outplayed. For an introduction to SPL football, it was pretty harsh! Not to mention my star man Michael Gardyne got injured for 2 months in the first 3 minutes..

ROSS COUNTY 2-1 HIBERNIAN

First home game, and our first win. It was a close game, but we just edged it. Richard Brittain and Colin McMenamin grabbing the goals. Was also my 100th game in management!

MOTHERWELL 1-1 ROSS COUNTY

Michael Marshall (YP3) grabbed the opening goal in the first half, but Motherwell equalised on the hour mark. Boring game, fair result.

DUNDEE UNITED 2-0 ROSS COUNTY

Before this match, my best centre-back, Grant Munro, gets himself injured for 2 months. Which leaves me with no choice but to throw my 16 year old centre back in at the deep end. To be fair to Sam Christie (YP10) he did okay. We were just beaten by a better team.

DUNFERMLINE 1-3 ROSS COUNTY

Fantastic result against a team we're supposed to be battling with for relegation. We outshone them, especially in the second half. A Kurtis Byrne double followed by a Richard Brittain screamer won it.

ROSS COUNTY 5-0 QUEEN OF THE SOUTH (League Cup, Second Round)

Best match we've played so far under my stewardship. The scoreline says it all. Goals from Kurtis Byrne, Richard Brittain (pen), an OG, Michael Marshall (YP3) and, would you believe it, my 16 year old CB! Sam Christie (YP10)

ROSS COUNTY 4-0 INVERNESS CT

We were high in confidence, but went into this match against our rivals as massive underdogs. Well we showed them! Sam Christie (YP10) scored AGAIN in this game, alongside Colin McMenamin, Richard Brittain and Ever Alcaraz (YP1), who just got Young Player of the Month for the SPL.

Leaves me in fifth place, 3 behind Rangers at the top. Fantastic!

Just as I say that..

I've lost four of my starting eleven to injury. Since all I have are kids, there's no strength in depth. We've gone on a run of six games without a win, and we're sitting ninth as a consequence of that.

Shagging the Scottish leagues with Peterhead... well until I got to Division 1.

Finished champions in each of the two previous seasons, taking some SPL scalps in the cups as well, and I'be started this season with two losses, to Dundee and someone else.

Had a great preseason as well... started with a 3-1 defeat to Dundee Utd, then a 3-0 loss to Kilmarnock before a 2-0 win against Celtic and a 3-1 win against Rangers at Balmoor.

I think I can change it around, but it's still to be seen. This is the first season I've been able to bring in a backroom staff due to financial constraints, and we're still operating at Semi-professional level. I wouldn't mind a season or two in Division 1 anyway, just to boost finances and improve my squad.

Also, anyone starting low league or SPL, sign Lee Colligan. Can play Left Back, Left Mid, Centre Mid or Left wing. Cracking player.

2nd season with Sporting Lisbon, club into the Champions League for the first time since 2008 and got Real Madrid , Leverkusen and moneybags PSG

Lost the first game at home to PSG and drew the second in Germany after dominating for long spells and conceding late on.

Left us with double header with Real Madrid with chances hanging by a thread

2vmdfet.jpg

2cicto9.jpg

BOOM

Right back in it!

Alberto Paloschi is fucking brilliant.

Picked him up on a free heading into the fourth season. He's sitting on 28 goals in 22 games, 16 of them starts. Banging in hat tricks all over the place.

Newcastle started trying to unsettle Andile Jali aswell, bidding low and talking about him in the press. Eventually managed to get £5.5m out of them for him, and spent just over half of that on Fernando from Porto. A much more solid defensive midfielder. McGregor started his usual FM spiel, looking for a move to a bigger club, halfway through last season so I brought in Marc-Andre ter Stegen on a free and he's outstanding.

So far this season I'm played 21, won 21, scored 70, conceded 7. The SPL is a procession now so Europe is the focus.

You wanted something different because going Rangers was too easy, you get quite a good challenge and you chuck it? Pfft, man up.

:broadfoot:

Yeah I'm actually thinking of going back to it later tonight, see how it goes.