*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Just had my Youth Recruitment Day..

What a day! 7 players, most have 2 stars CA, with all of them having 5 stars PA, meaning they have the potential to become laeding Premier League players..

The only way is up! Which is good, because I'm floundering in 10th right now, with only the sheep and Dunfermline keeping me away from relegation.

8 shots on target and 7 goals, that's lethal finishing :uk:

Johnny Russell has been an amazing signing for me. Got him for £650k in first transfer window of first season:

Stats:

2010/2011 - Games 25(10) Goals 21

2011/2012 - Games 44(4) Goals 42

2012/2013 - Games 6 Goals 9 (So far)

Just loading my 1860 game back up.

Got a better idea on how I'm going to manage this one. I'm looking into using youth players, quite like how the others have been using them on their games however I'll be buying players aswell, although maybe not with the little money I have.

I have some talented youth propects in both my Under 23 and 19's squad, along with the younger players in my first team squad. Offered contracts to all the younger players I could and overlooked anyone over the age of 23 for contract renewals. With almost every player wanting more wages, my wage bill has exceded my budget and I'm now looking to offload a couple of older players to free up some wages.

I can see myself having to rebuild my entire squad next season, so hopefully it'll be in the Bundesliga as the money recieved for promotion will be vital on how my game turns out, not getting promoted could see me going the other way from Bayern rather than closing the gap like I am ultimatly planning on hopefully achieving.

Massive season right away, especially as I never heard of any of my players before a couple of days ago. Prediction is for me to finish 8th, but I'll be looking to at least get into one of the top three positions which will either give me promotion or a chance of promotion in a play-off against the 16th placed team in the Bundesliga. There are though some good teams in the Second Division, so it won't be easy.

I started a game with a team called KFC Uerdingen 05.

At the moment we are in the NRW-Liga (The NRW-Liga, or Nordrhein-Westfalen-Liga, is the highest football League in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is one of the eleven Oberliga groups in German football, the 5th tier of the German football league system.)

Media prediction of 3rd, the board only wanted a place in the top hallf.

£0 and losing about £100k due to loan repayments, so at the end of the season I should be about £800k-£1m in debt but the loans will be paid off.

A good size of stadium which is good for the future if I can get up to a decent level.

Looking on past players they have had includes Oliver Bierhoff, and more notably the 1 and only Brian Laudrup :praise:

4454555.jpg

4454565.jpg

Sticky start to the Scottish First Division, but we managed to turn it around.

Key players have been Mrisho Ngassa, Alessandro Pellicori and Joe McKee.

Signed Jason Thomson for right back on a free, with Kyle McAusland for backup.

Currently sitting 3rd, 4 point behind Queen of the South and 5 behind Livingston. I said after 2 games I'd be happy with mid table this season and I'm sticking with that.

I'm still operating as a Semi professional club and, although it would be compulsory to turn Professional in the SPL, I'd rather gather enough funds to do it in this division.

Obviously if I manage to get promotion I won't exactly moan about it, but another season in the First Division would do me some real good with regards to settling the side and boosting finances.

lost my rangers game so started with newcastle and i thought i was doing ok until i read this message

zv92tx.png

so you would think i was really struggling , near the bottom of the league

zx9w85.png

thats with playing liverpool arsenal man city chelsea and man utd . typical newcastle board thinking the team is better than they are

and i would probably be in a higher position if i hadnt been hit with so many injuries at the start , i actually had to play smith at one point !

My second season coming to an end sitting top with Celtic just behind me, their form has been as good as mine having only lost a couple of games.

Of all my players my stand out has to be striker Alberto Bueno, got him for 650k and he has scored 47 in 46 and is just class (tu)

My second season coming to an end sitting top with Celtic just behind me, their form has been as good as mine having only lost a couple of games.

Of all my players my stand out has to be striker Alberto Bueno, got him for 650k and he has scored 47 in 46 and is just class (tu)

Alberto Bueno is great, had him a few times for Rangers now and he does very well!

Alberto Bueno is great, had him a few times for Rangers now and he does very well!

Aye since posting he somehow got even better, won player of the month scoring 10 in 4 and is now sitting on 51 goals for the season with a few more yet! I'll post at the end to say if he keeps up the form to the last game. (Celtic away in the league and then Motherwell in the cup final) Tricky end to the season with them just one point below me

Little update on my game with 1860.

As you may have read, I had to renew the contracts of the majority of my side although I didn't have the necessary funds to renew the contracts of my top players, so it was a case of giving contracts to the younger players. Thankfully I do have some really good young players that I can try to blend into the squad for next season.

The only player I could offload to free up some wages was Djordje Rakic, who left for £250k to some Turkish mob.

I'm more or less going with what I was given at the start of the season, as there was no transfer budget or wages to bring anyone in. I did though go to the board to try and find me a parent club, where I could maybe get a player in on loan without having to pay anything, while also getting in a yearly fee. The board came back with Dortmund and Stuttgart, with Dortmund being my choice. They sent me a centre-midfielder called Marvin Bakalorz. Decent player nothing more, nothing less.

After 10 league games, the table currently looks like this;

abf449a8.jpg

Good start, my last game was the first defeat of the season, away to Union Berlin. Actually I was top of the league until the last two games, where I have struggled. The other was a 3-3 draw at home to Paderbon, where I was down 1-0 and 2-1 but eventually coming back. I'll need to dig in for the next few games, hopefully get back on track.

I severely lack a creative midfield player though.