*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Qualify for Europa league I'm sure , I'm now sitting 5th , collocini isn't happy though and wants to go to a bigger club

Anyone got any suggestions to a good defender I can get for a couple of million ?

Roderick Miranda is shit hot, and usually ends up on the transfer list for about a million, but I think he spends the first season out on loan.

Have a look at Kamil Zayatte. Has over 15 for all the important defensive stats, and he's rotting away in some Arabian hell hole, so he shouldn't cost too much.

Crisetig was the player I got in as backup!

I let Ness and Bedoya go, got 2.5 million for them (2 million for Bedoya)

Sold Andile Jali for 5 million (bought him for like 250k and thought he was quite poor even though the fans loved him)

Replaced him with Alexandru Bourceanu, never heard of him but got him for just over 1 million and scouts are very impressed.

Got Cuellar in for free as he fell out with the new managment at Villa.

Let Alexander go and replaced him with Biel Ribas from Valencia for 800k

Finally offloaded a striker the Greek Amanatidis as his form was shocking and contract running out so glad to get half a million for him.

Brought young Gonzalo Martinez in hoping to develop into a key player and was free and seen as a coup for the club so hopefully discovered a hidden gem.

Got jake Livermore in as a squad player for a million and released some players that I couldn't get a new contract to or didn't need, including Lafferty and McKay.

That's my summer so far, currently got alot of money but don't know what to splash it on, any suggestions? I have alot of cover in all departments but could easily sell someone to bring in better.

Hopefully my form stays as good as it has been the last couple seasons, with a different looking team

This is basically how my team looks now, the subs aren't organised as it was just a friendly so I just selected everyone without any real organisation.

2ccv8nn.png

Still got money to spend like I say. I'm thinking maybe I should move Templeton back to his preferred left side and look for a new right winger. I have a fair few strikers but only Bueno really scores often, don't wanna upset everyone though by having too many that play the one position

This is basically how my team looks now, the subs aren't organised as it was just a friendly so I just selected everyone without any real organisation.

2ccv8nn.png

Still got money to spend like I say. I'm thinking maybe I should move Templeton back to his preferred left side and look for a new right winger. I have a fair few strikers but only Bueno really scores often, don't wanna upset everyone though by having too many that play the one position

Play Fleck. He's phenomenal in FM

Play Fleck. He's phenomenal in FM

I played him in most games until he missed a few months through injury and when he recovered, he never really got back to his usual form. Struggling to get any right midfielders so think Templeman will have to stay there, shame as I have 8 million to spend but no idea who on

Adam Johnson is usually unsettled and looking to leave by the end of the first season. I picked him up for £3.7m in January of the 2nd season, but he'd been listed since the Summer.

You should play Crisetig instead of Bourceanu as your holding midfielder. He develops into a world class midfielder, while Bourceanu is pretty much fully developed to begin with and isn't that great either.

8yuqzl.png

Crisetig after a few years development.

You officially win Football Manager :praise:

Who did you sign in your first few seasons? What sort of tactics did you use?

rtgr5f.png

I play that formation, and just tweak the players roles depending on who's playing and who I'm playing against. Generally those roles fit my best side though.

Signings include Andile Jali, Antonio Candreva, Lorenzo Crisetig, Milan Djuric, Carlos Fierro, Roderick Miranda, Giuseppe Prestia, Adam Johnson, Fernando, Clement Grenier, and Alberto Paloschi.

Got my SPL and SPL2 set up with two leagues of 16 teams and 4 relegation places..... in San Marino... Thank feck for the editor, lol.

My only issue with this game is the amount of time it takes to play one season. I remember the days when you could whizz through a season in just a few hours without going on holiday.