*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Managed to turn my season around... was on a 6 game losing streak when newly promoted Livingston rolled into town. I was expected to lose, strange as Livingston had only pulled together 6 points all season, but I trashed them 5-1 (their goal coming from a set piece, something which would haunt me for the next while and had haunted me all season).

Next up, an away trip to run away league leaders Dundee Utd. I wasn't holding much hope, they were in fantastic form, but I gave it a go anyway. I set up conditions for every Utd player on the pitch and went for it. 12th minute, Utd Freekick 1-0 - fucking shite. So I changed it, went counter attacking, told my players to sit off Utd (their players are lightning quick) and not to dive into challenges. Up steps Shaun Maloney, 1-1 Interesting! Then, Maloney breaks away down the left, sends it into the box RYAN FLYNN 2-1!!!

I hold on for the rest of the half before a controlling second half which sees me leave Tannadice with three points (a first for anyone this season) and my second win in a row.

Now to Hearts. They rolled into Princess Royal Park (which I'm ground sharing with Deveronvale) hoping to walk away with three points, but we were still hurting after the game last season where Ian Black scored a last minute penalty, and we knew we had it in ourselves to beat them. It was the final game before the International break, so we wanted to go out on a high. Despite both my Centre backs being out, I managed to patch a defence together with Paulo Carvahlo, Jason Thomson, Ernie Duke and Michael Devine (Three regens) all coming in. Long story short, another 3-1 win and another set piece goal for the opposition!

Forgot to add that the signing of Rhys Murphy has turned my team around. We're mobile now and looking strong!

Getting anoyed at my Rangers save now :disappointment:

In my 6th season and the finances are worse than ever only got just under a million to spend, they stopped work on my youth facility upgrade and wages took a big hit to.

No one wants to sign a contract as they want more money/bigger clubs and even the staff want to move on!

Chairman is accepting offers for almost anyone if its from a big club, lost Sturridge for 9 million when he was worth so much more and I only actually got to use about 4 million of the money.

Crisetig is gone to just as he was becoming a key player and my new gens are being snapped up for pretty much the same price I got them for or they are demanding big contracts...

Just about to play a league game shortly but didn't manage one win in preseason (was fairly tough teams tbh but still most were at home) and I was lucky to beat some shit Romanian team in the Champions league qualifier who held me at home.

Worrying times, I've already turned down all the big clubs such as Man U, Man City as I wanted to make Rangers a decent European side and rich but like I say the finances are just going down and down and I can't keep up. Bit annoying since the last two seasons have been my best runs in the Champions League but my worst for money

:disappointment:

Can anyone give me an idea of the best tactics for Rangers in 1st season? im conceding too many goals no matter wot i do <cr>

I've always found 4-3-1-2 to be quite effective in the 1st season. Fleck playing in behind Jela and Naismith/Amanatidis, with a 3 man midfield consisting of Davis and McKay(Advanced Playmakers on support) on the right and left of Edu/Bedoya(Ball Winning Midfielder on defend). This is good for scoring and keeping out goals. Put the strategy on control and team philosophy on Fluid and thats my tactic. Exploit the middle, harass opponents and retain posession are the instructions.

Getting anoyed at my Rangers save now :disappointment:

In my 6th season and the finances are worse than ever only got just under a million to spend, they stopped work on my youth facility upgrade and wages took a big hit to.

No one wants to sign a contract as they want more money/bigger clubs and even the staff want to move on!

Chairman is accepting offers for almost anyone if its from a big club, lost Sturridge for 9 million when he was worth so much more and I only actually got to use about 4 million of the money.

Crisetig is gone to just as he was becoming a key player and my new gens are being snapped up for pretty much the same price I got them for or they are demanding big contracts...

Just about to play a league game shortly but didn't manage one win in preseason (was fairly tough teams tbh but still most were at home) and I was lucky to beat some shit Romanian team in the Champions league qualifier who held me at home.

Worrying times, I've already turned down all the big clubs such as Man U, Man City as I wanted to make Rangers a decent European side and rich but like I say the finances are just going down and down and I can't keep up. Bit annoying since the last two seasons have been my best runs in the Champions League but my worst for money

:disappointment:

Lower your wage bill? Expand the ground?

Lower your wage bill? Expand the ground?

Done and done mate, Ibrox is a near 70k seater on mine. No cunt wants anything to do with Rangers it seems, even though we've won the league 8 times in a row and been in the champions league every season I've managed.

Worried about this season but got off to a decent start, already played a tricky qualifier away to Sparta Prague and came away with a cheeky 1-0 win and 3 days later had hibs away who have been my biggest league competetion and beat them 3-1.

Something just doesn't feel right without Sturridge :disappointment: got Goodwillie in really cheap though to try and replace him

Started a game with Como in the Italian Serie C1/A. Used the editor to give the team a bit of money, but fucked it up so it's not made a huge amount of difference. In fact, I've comfortably made a profit in my buying and selling and my wage bill has never been the highest in the league, no matter what league that is, so I've not really been financed. Only difference is the 40k seater stadium, but that is never anywhere close to full because I never edited the club's popularity. My attendences are as they were.

First season; won the Serie C1/A

Second season; 3rd in Serie B and won promotion in play off, beating rivals Atlanta over two legs.

Third season; 6th in Serie A and took the club to Europe

Fourth Season; 2nd in Serie A and qualified for Champs League

Just started 5th season and I've had a bit of a shakey start. Recovered well though and things are getting back on track.

Have you ever considered managing in San Marino?

2nd season in with Chelsea after moving from the mighty gers!

Won the Europa league first season, 2nd year beat arsenal in euro super cup, followed by fa cup. Won league on last day of the season after expecting top 4 finish and to round it all off won champions league against Lyon at the home of the Scottish champions...Ibrox!

Got euro 2016 with Spain up next :D

Heading into the last few weeks of February, I've already surpassed last seasons point tally and I'm sitting 5th (1 place ahead of Motherwell and 1 behind Dundee Utd). 3rd place is a very achievable and realistic target for me, and I'll hope to beat Rangers to the position.

I've had speculation all season about me becoming the next Rangers manager, and with a year to run on my Peterhead contract there's going to be more where that came from. It's something I'm currently considering, even though I haven't been offered the role. I'm at a stage where Peterhead are paying the entire squad a fraction of what some teams pay one single player, but we're constantly outplaying some teams and matching up to Celtic (I've managed 4 points against Rangers in the 3 games we've played). I don't know whether to stick it out at Peterhead and see if I can achieve Domestically and dent Europe or to cut my losses and move to the bigger clubs.

Heading into the last few weeks of February, I've already surpassed last seasons point tally and I'm sitting 5th (1 place ahead of Motherwell and 1 behind Dundee Utd). 3rd place is a very achievable and realistic target for me, and I'll hope to beat Rangers to the position.

I've had speculation all season about me becoming the next Rangers manager, and with a year to run on my Peterhead contract there's going to be more where that came from. It's something I'm currently considering, even though I haven't been offered the role. I'm at a stage where Peterhead are paying the entire squad a fraction of what some teams pay one single player, but we're constantly outplaying some teams and matching up to Celtic (I've managed 4 points against Rangers in the 3 games we've played). I don't know whether to stick it out at Peterhead and see if I can achieve Domestically and dent Europe or to cut my losses and move to the bigger clubs.

Stick with it mate. It feels a lot better when you achieve with a club you've served for a long time.

Do both mate just save it if get offered the Rangers job and take it so u can always go back and continue wot u started at Peterhead at a later date,well played with Peterhead have done really well there :praise:

Do both mate just save it if get offered the Rangers job and take it so u can always go back and continue wot u started at Peterhead at a later date,well played with Peterhead have done really well there :praise:

It's an option, but not one I want to take. I'm trying to make this as realistic as possible, so I'll live and die by my decisions. No going back :crabflute:

Well lads, I've finally done it :sherlock:

celticvpeterheadinforma.png

That win leaves me 1 point behind Dundee Utd in 5th and 2 behind Motherwell in 4th, I'll travel away to both in the next few weeks, but best of all it deals Celtic a blow in their title hopes. It's between them and Hibs and (having already beat Hibs at Balmoor) I was chuffed to bits to record my first win against Celtic at such a crucial stage.

Oh, and Joe McKee's goal was a cracker :praise:

Well lads, I've cracked it! A 4th place finish for Peterhead in their 2nd season in the Premier League. It all came down to Tannadice on the last day, Motherwell took an early 9th minute lead which seen them overtake us into 5th place, but Rhys Murphy managed to snatch a goal 5 minutes later (Dundee Utd 0 - 1 Peterhead, Rangers 0 - 1 Motherwell).

I realised then we'd have to make our own luck, Ally wasn't going to help us out at all, so I switched to a more attacking formation, bad mistake. Shane Sutherland levelled for Utd and Motherwell went 2 ahead before the break (Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Peterhead, Rangers 0 - 2 Motherwell).

I switched it again at half time, took off Melvin Fleur and shoved on Rhys McCabe and Ally repaid my faith in the former Rangers kid by sending Kyle of Lafferty on to get a 49th minute goal, just as we went in front through Jonas Romahlo again! (Dundee Utd 1 - 2 Peterhead), but that wasn't all from Kyle, he scored again 5 minutes later to make it Rangers 2 - 2 Motherwell.

I couldn't have planned it out any better myself, until Kyle went in for the kill with a third to snatch a hattrick and we sneaked another goal through loan star Josh Bibbo (worldclass) and went 3-1 up, a result which sees us overtake Dundee Utd and move into 4th place, meaning a Europa League Knockout place! (I think).

Oh and Hibs pumped Celtic 5-2 at Easter Road to win the league, Jordan Rhodes gave Celtic the lead then scored an OG, fud.

Very inconsistant with Monaco just now. Horrible. My strikers just can't seem to find any sort of prolific form.

I create so many chances, but to no avail. :anguish:

That happend to me mate, I got frustrated with it and quit :lol:

I then edited it, £10 million to spend, bought a few players, still shit.