*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Started a game as Bradford. I always like starting quite low and getting a career going. Small team with a good stadium is always a winner.

The last game I had was probably about 09. But I was bored at work the other day and dl'd the 2012 demo and got hooked. I feel about 14 again!

Bought the full game yesterday and spent the whole of last night playing it. What a fkn game.

Anybody want to buy a ticket for Ash tonight? :lol:

Start of season 2. Squad looks like this.

Jelavic Fleck Lafferty

Davis Bedoya

Anin

Wallace Wilson Goian Colin

McGregor

Bought a fair few youth/back up players though such as Remi Mulumba, Lenny Nangis, Yaya Sanogo, Leigh Griffiths, Lucas Veronese, Christian Ferner (regen)

Playing the demo, destroyed Hearts 4-0 in the first game of the season. Sold Broadfoot for about 800k and brought in Murray Davidson for the same amount. Signed McFadden upfront as i need some competition up there. Trying to punt Edu but nobody wants him which is a shame. Beat Slovan Bratislava 2-0 in the Champions League first qualifier aswell. Just beat St Johnstone 4-0 aswell. Got Chelsea as my parent club but how do i get players from them?

Tried to flog Edu to Swansea for £2 million but had his work permit turned down, he's already in the UK ffs :disappointment:

Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking formation with short passing and fluid. Fleck as the attacking midfielder is just :drool:

McGregor

Ortiz (rb) Goian Bocanegra Wallace (lb)

McCulloch (cdm)

Davis McKay

Fleck (atm)

Jelavic Naismith

End of the first transfer window and I've sold Lee McCulloch(£725k to Southampton) and Kirk Broadfoot(£1.5m to Blackpool). Brought in Yacine Brahimi(loan), David Templeton(£675k from Hearts) and Sercan Sararer(£1.5m from Furth).

Templeton got injured in pre-season and is out for 4 months. :anguish: Brahimi is a back up player but has done ok in the couple games he has played. Sararer who is an attacking mid right has done great, just scored a hat trick against the sheep :praise:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Davis McKay

Sararer---------Wylde

Jelavic Naismith

End of December in the 1st season and going pretty well.

Got rid of nearly every backroom staff member and brought in a new scouts, coaches etc Ricky Sbragia as my assistant.

Released Healy, Kerkar and a few others. Sold Broadfoot (1.9m), Jordan McMillan (100k) and McCulloch (800k). Loaned out Perry, Hutton, McCabe, Cole and a few others.

Brought in 4 players, Danny Wilson on loan (no fee), Xandao (£1m CB from Sao Paulo), Adam Vass (CDM from Brescia £1m) and James McFadden (Free 10kpw).

My normal formation would be either 4-3-3 or 4-2-2-2. Been playing 4-3-3 more often though.

McGregor

Whittaker/Ortiz Goian Wilson Wallace

Vass

Davis Bedoya

Naismith Wylde/McFadden

Jelavic

Jelavic has been really hit and miss and im not too sure about him so far, but when he plays well hes brilliant!

Stand outs for me so far have been Wallace and Bedoya...Bedoya is class! I started off rotating him, McKay, Edu, Ness etc to try and get someone to make it there own and Bedoya is all over it. Average rating of 8.1, scored a few goals and got plenty of assits.

Wylde and McFadden along with Wallace have been really good and a lot of my goals come from this side. Loads of interest in Wylde and Jelavic so hope i can hold on to them in January.

Anyone got any gems yet?

In my Rangers game, decided to hold a trial day - it's a new feature and I'm interested. Got loads of decent SPL players coming and also managed a friendly against them the day before with Rangers v Rangers reserves. Thinking of bringing in Damien Casalunuevo and Benjamin Laurent as backup players if I don't get enough in, and I've also invited Matias Albeleiras in for a trial to see how good he is :lol:

Anyone else starting Perry? His stats are almost identical to Bocanegra. So far he's been solid for me (albeit, I'm only just at the start of August).

Boca was my best player, although I did play Perry when Wallace got tired and moved Boca to LB.

His average rating was 7.77 I think. Most MOTM performances in the League.

When all fit this was my Rangers side :

McGregor

Ortiz Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Davis Hutton Ness

Naismith

Jelavic Nangis

Jelavic was out for a long time and Lafferty was starting in there usually. Got a good few young players on loan (tu)

Started off with Spurs and had to wheel and deal a bit.

Friedel

Walker Kaboul Dawson Baines

Huddlestone

Lennon ------------------- Bale

Ganso

Defoe Adebayor

I'm not sure if I should keep Modric or sell him and buy in a few players, squad is quite thin !

started as arsenal.

bought dante 13.75m, griezmann 21m, milan badelj 8m, ongenda 2.5m,rugani 1.3m, vass 2m, vitinho 2m

Sold rosicky and coequlin on frees,djourou 5.5m, almunia 2m, mannone 1.5m

going with a 4-1-1-3-1

Sczseny

Sagna Mertesacker Dante Vermalaen

Song

Badelj

Gervinho Areteta Arshavin

Van P

More good youngsters, Dino Spehar, Bernd Leno, Jonathan Mensah, Marco Capuano, Manuel Lanzini,Lucas Severo, Andrigo, Andy Najar, Serder Serderov, Jorge Espericueta, Kevin Pannewitz, Sanjin Prcic, Simone Calvano and rodrigo alborno ;):):pipe:

2/3rds of the way through this season, and I've got OH Leuven sitting a comfortable tenth! We peaked at seventh, which is the top spot for the EURO Cup place group.

Doubt I'll make euro qualification, but who knows.

Also, anyone else finding the team meetings almost always fuck up and leave everyone with abysmal morale?

2/3rds of the way through this season, and I've got OH Leuven sitting a comfortable tenth! We peaked at seventh, which is the top spot for the EURO Cup place group.

Doubt I'll make euro qualification, but who knows.

Also, anyone else finding the team meetings almost always fuck up and leave everyone with abysmal morale?

I have Bedoya raging at me because of my shit team talks even though its my assistant that takes them :lol:

Mixed start so far.

Drew 2-2 with Hearts despite being 2-0 up, drew 2-2 with St Johnstone after being 2-0 down, won my CL qualifier 4-0 and just beat Inverness 6-1.

Signed Tempelton, brought him on with 15 minutes to go against Caley and he scored and got an assist.

Genk next for a place in the group stages.