Craig Whyte Vows To Sack Anyone At Rangers Who Talks To Bbc

rangersxfc

I just hope no employee of ours has a spouse who currently works for the BBC. There would be some tough decisions ahead :lol:

Can Mr.Whyte actually legally sack someone for talking to the BBC though? I'm not up on my employment law, bizarrely, but I'd think they'd have to sign a new contract or at least some other legal document.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope no employee of ours has a spouse who currently works for the BBC. There would be some tough decisions ahead :lol:

Can Mr.Whyte actually legally sack someone for talking to the BBC though? I'm not up on my employment law, bizarrely, but I'd think they'd have to sign a new contract or at least some other legal document.

When I worked in a glasgow hotel, I had to sign a contract, that said I couldn't talk to the press about the Hotel.

When I worked in a glasgow hotel, I had to sign a contract, that said I couldn't talk to the press about the Hotel.

But you cannot specify one broadcaster, it is completely unworkable and it is a stupid statement to make. You cannot put a legal document telling a player not to speak to a beeb journalist however you can put a legal document in front of a player not to speak to the media as a whole. The only power he has is to restrict the beeb movements inside ibrox, don't invite then to press conferences etc But if a player is speaking to stv and a beeb mic gets put in he is going to get the sack for that?!

Whyte seems to do whatever he wants and hell to the consequences which is a dangerous philosophy.

"Other than a regrettable event in our history I don’t think it would be as bad as people think it might be."

im not sure im happy at this quote , does administration not mean we would technically no longer be glasgow rangers and we would need to reform as another club ? ( i might be wrong) but if im right we would then loose out history and that would be devestating.

i think the way his interviews have changed over the few months he has been in charge , he is gearing us up for administration

Nah your thinking of Liquidation - administration is different, it's more of a rescue mechanism before Liquidation to allow the business to continue functioning.

But you cannot specify one broadcaster, it is completely unworkable and it is a stupid statement to make. You cannot put a legal document telling a player not to speak to a beeb journalist however you can put a legal document in front of a player not to speak to the media as a whole. The only power he has is to restrict the beeb movements inside ibrox, don't invite then to press conferences etc But if a player is speaking to stv and a beeb mic gets put in he is going to get the sack for that?!

Whyte seems to do whatever he wants and hell to the consequences which is a dangerous philosophy.

Tommy, I would imagine the guy is pretty pissed about the situation. I know I would be, and I would certainly do all within my power to restrict their (BBC) access. It worked for a certain SAF, you have to use what weapons you have, I for one after reading this article will back him.

Good to see him answer some questions but he is till far to evasive about his business dealings. The way he structures his companies and the way he tries to hide how earns his money is concerning.

Not paying lawyers because you don't like them representing other people is petulant. You can't do that when you are chairman of rangers.

He's spot on about one thing though e more you hear about Bain the more sickening it is. 45k a man for the uefa run and he was cut in on e deal. We made a loss out the run apparently and for that alone he should have been sacked. AJ asking for expenses and flying first class isn't comparable to that.

Like the journo I will be interested to see court papers lodged that he will be suing them, he knows he opens himself up to more investigation if he does that so lets see how that pans out

history is written by the victor.

don't forget when sdm stepped aside we were in over 40 million of debt and aj smith bain etc cut that in half while still winning.

the fact they are now wanting money legally owed to them should be no big surprise.

take the part about bains bonuses. some might consider it a good thing he got bonuses based on team success after all lawell gets huge bonuses everytime he reduces celtcs debt and wage bill. look what that's done to them.

but good luck to Mr whyte as I say he won he's put up his cash and we are still doing well.

Would have thought it was the performance by the players and management over the last 3 years or so ,t hat brought the cash in to provide the capital to reduce or debts.

Didn't see Johnston or Bain scoring or any last ditch tackles to help us win games.

Bain saying he is owed money this has yet to be proved

Have I just done myself out of any other recipes from you

does administration not mean we would technically no longer be glasgow rangers and we would need to reform as another club ?

Maybe we'll reform as 'Glasgow Rangers'. Seriously...what would worry me is whether we'd lose Ibrox.

Wish Whyte had given this interview on day 1.

It's a fantastic interview, which pulls no punches whatsoever.

It’s outrageous. I actually can’t believe that they went with the allegations they went with. We told them. We sent lawyers letters all week, warning them that these things aren’t true and warning them what would happen if they ran with these allegations. They’ve run with things that are totally, completely and utterly untrue. It just proves the case that they are a biased organisation, biased against Rangers. They’ve done it several times this season. They’re completely biased. They did it to Ally McCoist. Every time they show something on sectarianism it’s Rangers fans. One has to wonder if there’s institutionalised bias in there. It’s outrageous what they’ve done. Absolutely outrageous. To accuse me on national TV of criminality is an outrage. I’m suing and maybe the BBC are going to be paying the (HMRC) tax bill.

That's a fucking beast of a quote.

As one of his biggest critics and dissenters, the interview with English is to date the best thing i have read from him. It still leaves a number of questions, but i hope he is true to his word on the legal battles against BBC and i feel some sympathy in regards to taking on former Directors in what they are looking for(still feel he could have avoided all the shite though and saved money)

This is NOT going to stop me being critical of him as things stand, but I still hope all my fears turn out to be a lot of sheit and that he turns out to be a great leader for us. (tu)

As one of his biggest critics and dissenters, the interview with English is to date the best thing i have read from him. It still leaves a number of questions, but i hope he is true to his word on the legal battles against BBC and i feel some sympathy in regards to taking on former Directors in what they are looking for(still feel he could have avoided all the shite though and saved money)

This is NOT going to stop me being critical of him as things stand, but I still hope all my fears turn out to be a lot of sheit and that he turns out to be a great leader for us. (tu)

I just dreading that if you are proved to be wrong about him, that you do not turn your attention in my direction tongue.gif