SFA's new compliance officer

Adoniram

The Scottish Football Association has announced the appointment of Vincent Lunny as it's first ever full-time Compliance Officer.

The post was created as part of an overhaul of the governing body's disciplinary processes and until now has been filled on an ad-hoc basis. Lunny, a lawyer with a wealth of international experience, will take up the post immediately.

“I am delighted to take on such an exciting and challenging role within the Scottish FA,” he said. “Having been impressed by the changes to the disciplinary procedures in the summer I am looking forward to working in the unique environment of Scottish football.”

The role involves reviewing reported incidents from across Scottish football as and when necessary, referring cases to the SFA's Judicial Panel where it is deemed that a breach of rules has been committed that has not been reported by the match officials.

Vincent, 38, from Lanarkshire, brings with him a wealth of experience in legal practice from the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.

Until recently, he was the Crown Office representative at the International Co-operation Unit, where his time was split between Edinburgh and The Hague.

Previously, Vincent was seconded as a Legal Officer for the United Nations’ International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, also at The Hague, working in war crimes prosecutions.

He started work with the Crown Office in 2001, employed as a Procurator Fiscal Depute within the Glasgow Procurator Fiscal's Office and making regular appearances as a prosecutor within Glasgow Sheriff and District Courts.

A product of Our Lady's High School Motherwell

It's merely a co-incidence of course that he went to an RC school and we are all rabid bigots for pointing this out.

Surely can't be right, I mean we all know how oppressed these poor RC's are in this country yet this guy is claiming he was deputy PF, and is now part of the SFA? Weird way to be oppressed.

The guy has a very impressive CV but as expected the extremists are out in force with their prejudiced nonsense.

As are the blind.

What odds would you have got beforehand on it being a Celtic supporting catholic?

Answer..no bookie would have taken your bet.

Yet another important and influential post goes to an "oppressed" Celtic supporting catholic.

As are the blind.

What odds would you have got beforehand on it being a Celtic supporting catholic?

Answer..no bookie would have taken your bet.

Yet another important and influential post goes to an "oppressed" Celtic supporting catholic.

Can you even justify that last paragraph with ANY proof other than your jaundiced and narrow-minded viewpoint ??

Maybe he was the only candidate for the job. I don't recall seeing any such 'post' being advertised. It's more likely he was 'appointed' by the SFA board.

No idea how many applied but I can tell you it was advertised on the sfa website among others.