Ibrox probe mystery Rangers companies

rangersxfc

By ROBERT McAULAY and KENNY McALPINE

Published: Today

RANGERS chiefs have launched a probe after two companies were set up with near identical names to the club.

The mystery firms — Glasgow Rangers Football Club Limited and Glasgow Rangers Limited — were registered yesterday.

Last night the Ibrox club denied they were behind the move. But an insider said: "Rangers are aware of this — they are looking into it.

"They want to know what this is all about. They are unaware what is behind it."

The side's official title was The Rangers Football Club PLC before Craig Whyte bought the club earlier this year. It is now run by a company called The Rangers FC Group Ltd. The new companies were set up by someone using the name Gerard Moran, at an address in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.

Anyone over 16 can register a firm with Companies House for as little as £15.

Last night a spokesman said that if Rangers contacted them about the new business titles they would investigate. He said: "All the names that come to us we accept in good faith.

The two companies were set up on October 25 and registered at the same address. The person who has done it can be forced to change the name."

A spokeswoman for the Glasgow giants — currently embroiled in a £49million tax battle with HMRC — said: "We do not know anything about these names."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3894301/Ibrox-probe-mystery-Rangers-companies.html#ixzz1bq0Gyh6z

Is this (dare I say it) a clever way of filthy phil drawing us into another unwanted court case (fighting over our name/identity). His entire life seems to be ruled by our demise so £15 or £30 would be a small price to pay in order for him to achieve his end game

Just a thought

It'll just be some wank presuming we'll go into receivership and have to change our name.

He owns the name, so we'd need to buy it from him.

He'll be in for a shock then,

You can't register derivatives of a company name with the intention of profiting by association or purely for profit

(tu)

Some thick tim cunt has done this. Gerard Moran. Name says it all.

Is there any other kind?

Companies house ain't stupid,

yeah sure well take your money no matter how similar to an existing company it is but try and use it or profit from it and your fucked (as you should be)

Aye some thick Tim from High Wycombe Buckinghamshire, the place is full of them!!!.

Are you a fucking retard?

His name is Gerard Moran. Very English name you would agree? Non Irish sounding name you would agree? You cunts are not utterly obsessed by us you would agree?

I am being sarcastic now fuck off

I wonder if the Russian Gangsters that went after Phil will pursue poor Mr. Moran as well? I never realised they were such high profile international personalities.

The truth is regularly stranger than fiction.

ITALIAN NEWSPAPERS reported Nov. 3 that Soviet spies in the KGB plotted to destabilize the Catholic church and kill Pope John Paul, as quoted in Czech documents sent to Italy's secret services. Newspapers quoted one document as saying: "There has been noted KGB activity to discredit the Catholic church and the figure of the pope with disinformation and provocation, not excluding physical elimination." A spokesman for a parliamentary commission that will study the documents said extracts quoted by the media sounded in line with the content of the files, but he could not comment on them.

I'm amazed you are actually allowed to register a company name like this when it quite clearly is not legit.

Not really up to the authorities to decide what is a legit name. It's down to the genuine company to complain. As has been said, there was a fair amount of this in the early days of the interweb and there's no chance these days for a chancer to make anything with a scam like this.

Not really up to the authorities to decide what is a legit name. It's down to the genuine company to complain. As has been said, there was a fair amount of this in the early days of the interweb and there's no chance these days for a chancer to make anything with a scam like this.

the speed this was discovered by the obsessed bloggers makes me suspect financial gain was not the motivation here....

the speed this was discovered by the obsessed bloggers makes me suspect financial gain was not the motivation here....

Have to agree with this. Why would anyone be searching about Rangers on that website when nothing had happened over Ibrox way?