What English team does everyone support?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone but Man Utd. Hate them and there gloryhunting supporters, i really don't understand why everyone supports them other than being good. And just because the people that support them have supported them their whole lives doesnt make them not gloryhunters! Hate when people outside Manchester use that excuse

Alec is one of us though ... having said that I wasn't too keen on him when he was at pittodrie and used to let him know it from the beach stand everytime I was up there :lol:.

Seriously though Dennis Law was on talk sport a few Sundays ago and said SAF always looks for the Rangers score :happy:

I've always had a soft spot for Manchester City (going back to the late 70s). If they played us I'd want us to win though.

Also, living in the Midlands, I like to see the teams round here do well, especially Birmingham, Wolves and WBA. I don't like Villa though, never have since we played them in 1976.

Every big club in the world will have fans outside their own city. Such a stupid statement. We have quite a few fans in R.Ireland and N.Ireland btw (tu).

Not a stupid statement at all (tu) I realise that its only natural for big teams to have a big support and i realise that there are people from elsewhere supporting the Rangers. But Man Utd are different. There are probably at least a third of people that go to man utd games are tourists and part time, gloryseeking supporters who not only do most football fans not like but also the faithful united supporters. A lot of people dislike Man Utd and their supporters and a lot of them for the same reason as me.

Always supported Arsenal growing up dont know why as none of my family did! I always got as many Arsenal kits as I did Rangers and still to this day. Can remember going to see Richard Goughs Testomonial when I was 8 years of age in 1996 then the friendly in 2003 both at Ibrox & have both tickets still. I had wore my Rangers top with my Arsenal scarf on both occasions to show support to both teams ofcourse. Never cared who won as long as they were good games. Watching Rangers get beat & Arsenal in massive European Finals still hurts to this day!