Do England have the same quality of player as Spain?

bluenose_72

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we can't compare them then?

sure but its like comparing xavi and busquets. xavi is a better attacking player than busquets but busquets is better defensivley although they both contibute to both parts of play. Same with Fabregas and wilshere. Fabregas is undoubtedly better at attacking but wilshere is a fantastic box to box player who is also a great passer of the ball and good defensively.

For what its worth i think you could swap wilshere and busquets and barcelonas play wouldnt be affected and the midfield would still work just as well. Wont have many if any people agreeing with me but thats what i think.

sure but its like comparing xavi and busquets. xavi is a better attacking player than busquets but busquets is better defensivley although they both contibute to both parts of play. Same with Fabregas and wilshere. Fabregas is undoubtedly better at attacking but wilshere is a fantastic box to box player who is also a great passer of the ball and good defensively.

For what its worth i think you could swap wilshere and busquets and barcelonas play wouldnt be affected and the midfield would still work just as well. Wont have many if any people agreeing with me but thats what i think.

I'd agree with that but only because I don't really rate Busquets as up there with Xavi and Iniesta.

Wilshere doesnt have the creativity to play that role. He is a great box to box midfielder. better at attacking than defending but his defending is good aswell. Ramsey will be the No. 10 at Arsenal because he is more creative and a better passer than wilshere.

When will these arrogant English fucks realise that saying something doesn't make it true .

The sooner everyone in England realise that they are no where near the top sides in international football the better . When they realise they are a decent side possible of making the quarters of major tournaments , they might just get a sense of achievement if they make the semis .

But they won't , they will keep on spouting shite claiming they can win the world cup , and when they get pumped in the semis by the first quality side the meet there will be another year long depression throughout the country and multi million pound managerial appointment to try and solve the problem of just why they haven't been victorious .

Well here's the answer you bastards , YOU'RE NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH !

1-0 though....

People do make England out to be better than we are but more people make out that we are worse than we are tbh.

Hart

Terry

Cole

Wilshere

Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney

They are all world class players. I'd even add in some of the younger players like Young, Johnson and Welbeck. Maybe not "walk into the Spain squad" quality but certainly good enough to give the best of teams a run for their money.

People do make England out to be better than we are but more people make out that we are worse than we are tbh.

Hart

Terry

Cole

Wilshere

Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney

They are all world class players. I'd even add in some of the younger players like Young, Johnson and Welbeck. Maybe not "walk into the Spain squad" quality but certainly good enough to give the best of teams a run for their money.

What a lot of pish , there is no one in that list good enough for the Spanish first team .

That game has just fired up the usual hysteria that spews from the English at every tournament , we have heard it all before , roll on the Euros for more embarrassment.....

What a lot of pish , there is no one in that list good enough for the Spanish first team .

That game has just fired up the usual hysteria that spews from the English at every tournament , we have heard it all before , roll on the Euros for more embarrassment.....

Aye very well then.

What i'm about to type is true and you should read it slowly and take it in, you won't and you won't agree but it's true.

Scotland fans talk about England fans bigging themselves up, i.e 1966 more often than English fans big themselves up.

Rooney, Cole and Terry wouldn't be out of place in the Spain starting 11.

Could see it coming to be honest, Spain take off a couple of their best players and England sneak a goal and all of a sudden they are up there with the favourites to win the Euro's again. Watched SSN on Saturday and some cunt was giving it "if we play to our potential then we're in with a shout" ..............

They just can't help themselves can they.

Let's not forget this is a country who in the best part of the last 50 years have won the same amount of major championships as Greece.

And another thing, how fuckin easy a draw do they get to qualify for each tournament, it makes me sick. I'd rather (and also with the champions league etc) where we didn't favour the fat cats and just stuck everycunt into one pot and the groups came down to the luck of the draw! It would give the so called minnows a shot at glory.

Could see it coming to be honest, Spain take off a couple of their best players and England sneak a goal and all of a sudden they are up there with the favourites to win the Euro's again. Watched SSN on Saturday and some cunt was giving it "if we play to our potential then we're in with a shout" ..............

They just can't help themselves can they.

Let's not forget this is a country who in the best part of the last 50 years have won the same amount of major championships as Greece.

And another thing, how fuckin easy a draw do they get to qualify for each tournament, it makes me sick. I'd rather (and also with the champions league etc) where we didn't favour the fat cats and just stuck everycunt into one pot and the groups came down to the luck of the draw! It would give the so called minnows a shot at glory.

Aye coz that was Englands best team right enough :lol:

Aye very well then.

What i'm about to type is true and you should read it slowly and take it in, you won't and you won't agree but it's true.

Scotland fans talk about England fans bigging themselves up, i.e 1966 more often than English fans big themselves up.

Rooney, Cole and Terry wouldn't be out of place in the Spain starting 11.

The English say it so it must be true eh ?

Rooney Cole and Terry would have loved to play for the big two in the best league in the world , but they were never asked , wonder why being that they are world class etc etc .

Have you read or listened to some of the pish your mob are spouting after that game ????

The great thing is , it won't be long till we watch them fall flat on their arrogant faces once again .........

The English say it so it must be true eh ?

Rooney Cole and Terry would have loved to play for the big two in the best league in the world , but they were never asked , wonder why being that they are world class etc etc .

Have you read or listened to some of the pish your mob are spouting after that game ????

The great thing is , it won't be long till we watch them fall flat on their arrogant faces once again .........

The English? :lol: Aye i represent all of England.

Yeah coz every world class player in the world just has to play for either Barca or Madrid don't they....

My mob? You're obviously a bitter bawbag tbh.

Get this into your stupid head that we don't care about you, you're Aberdeen we are Rangers. We just don't care.

Lastly i'd like to note that if you read the forum prior to the game you would see a lot more people spouting pish about how amazing Spain are and how they were gonna fuck England over, that didn't happen did it..

Aye coz that was Englands best team right enough :lol:

I couldnt care about the result/performance or who was playing all I said was I could se it coming whcih led me to my main talking point about the English media.

Spain as a friendly team are not the Spain we are discussing (or certainly I am discussing). They have been royally pumped in recent friendlies.

Do you really want to start discussing a full Spain v a full England? Happy to do so.

Out of curiosity, what is England's TOP side?

Edit: Reading your posts above, I'm a firm believer that John Terry is fuckin rank and quite possibly the most over rated centre half in the world (tu)

Is it just me that thinks John Terrys is one of the most overated players ever. I dont rate him at all.

England will do their usual and will get hyped up to win the Euro's and will probably get humiliated again off the likes of the Germans.

Also Rooney is the only English player that would even get in Spains squad nevermind the starting 11.