Do England have the same quality of player as Spain?

bluenose_72

The English? :lol: Aye i represent all of England.

Yeah coz every world class player in the world just has to play for either Barca or Madrid don't they....

My mob? You're obviously a bitter bawbag tbh.

Get this into your stupid head that we don't care about you, you're Aberdeen we are Rangers. We just don't care.

Lastly i'd like to note that if you read the forum prior to the game you would see a lot more people spouting pish about how amazing Spain are and how they were gonna fuck England over, that didn't happen did it..

The greatest players in the world DO want to play play for the big two , just like Rooney thought one was interested a year ago and he wanted out quick style , only to find out they did not want him and he had to go crawling back to Man U

Spain are amazing .....FACT , and England will never reach that standard of football .

But hey , you enjoy hyping up that pish , we will be waiting patiently for the fall .

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People do make England out to be better than we are but more people make out that we are worse than we are tbh.

Hart

Terry

Cole

Wilshere

Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney

They are all world class players. I'd even add in some of the younger players like Young, Johnson and Welbeck. Maybe not "walk into the Spain squad" quality but certainly good enough to give the best of teams a run for their money.

Fuck me Sky has brain washed you aswell doh

Spain are amazing .....FACT , and England will never reach that standard of football .

Englad has the resources (in a footballing sense) to invest for future improvements and could well reach a much higher standard of play.

Do they have the will to overcome the ‘get into them’ cultural baggage that so hampers them?

Time will tell.

Aye very well then.

What i'm about to type is true and you should read it slowly and take it in, you won't and you won't agree but it's true.

Scotland fans talk about England fans bigging themselves up, i.e 1966 more often than English fans big themselves up.

Rooney, Cole and Terry wouldn't be out of place in the Spain starting 11.

Agree with this.

You'll find that most Scots that actually complain about England and 1966 are actually the ones that bring up the topic to start off with.

People do make England out to be better than we are but more people make out that we are worse than we are tbh.

Hart

Terry

Cole

Wilshere

Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney

They are all world class players. I'd even add in some of the younger players like Young, Johnson and Welbeck. Maybe not "walk into the Spain squad" quality but certainly good enough to give the best of teams a run for their money.

I'm sorry but Hart, Wilshere and Terry are not world class players. Not sure if I'd put Lampard and Gerrard in the catagory either. Guess it depends on how you define "world class" though.

The greatest players in the world DO want to play play for the big two , just like Rooney thought one was interested a year ago and he wanted out quick style , only to find out they did not want him and he had to go crawling back to Man U

But hey , you enjoy hyping up that pish , we will be waiting patiently for the fall .

Not really true, it's quite ignorant to assume every top player wants to play for Madrid or Barca...

Spain are amazing i never denied that at all, i'm not hyping up anything at all, if anything you're the one who is hyping up Spain after they lost to a team you're trying to call pish :lol:

Sack.

I couldnt care about the result/performance or who was playing all I said was I could se it coming whcih led me to my main talking point about the English media.

Spain as a friendly team are not the Spain we are discussing (or certainly I am discussing). They have been royally pumped in recent friendlies.

Do you really want to start discussing a full Spain v a full England? Happy to do so.

Out of curiosity, what is England's TOP side?

Edit: Reading your posts above, I'm a firm believer that John Terry is fuckin rank and quite possibly the most over rated centre half in the world (tu)

It seemed like you were making out that England won because Spain had a weakened side, that's all i was noting.

I don't really want to discuss it as i'm not a mongol and i'm sure England wouldn't win but football is a funny game, you never know. Also for the record i'm not trying to brag about anything or make out that England are even a top 5 International team i'm just loving how everyone was saying Spain would tank England and that'd it be an embarassement for the "overrated English players" but as soon as England win it's "just a friendly".

Just incase anyone is interested Bedoya got shot down on Twitter by young Kane Hemmings about this subject anaw which i found funny.

Bedoya put - "I wonder if England will now be crowned the new world and euro champions after beating Spain by UK papers! #justafriendly"

Hemmings replies - "@AleBedoya17 you trying to give my country a bit yeah? #fcukuup

"

Then - "EENNNNGEEEERLANNNND !!!!!!!!!"

and then - "Rangers motto - "no such thing as a friendly" 1-0 England" ;)

I'm sorry but Hart, Wilshere and Terry are not world class players. Not sure if I'd put Lampard and Gerrard in the catagory either. Guess it depends on how you define "world class" though.

It does depend on how you define "world class" and your definition must be quite an odd one.

It does depend on how you define "world class" and your definition must be quite an odd one.

Two or so years ago I'd certainly have put Lampard and Gerrard in that catagory, as I say I'm kind of on the fence regarding those two. Wilshere and Hart certainly have the potential. And I just don't rate Terry as world class.

Starting 11 whos better?

Casillas/Hart - Casillas

Ramos/Johnson - Ramos

Puyol/Terry - Puyol

Pique/Lescott - Pique

Capdevila/Cole - Cole?

Xavi/Wilshere - Xavi

Alonso/Parker - Alonso

Iniesta/Lampard - Iniesta

Walcott/Silva - Silva

Rooney/Villa - Villa

Downing/Pedro - Pedro

Thats probably what England would play these days maybe 1 or 2 differences depends on peoples opinions but thats just to show there is only 1 player who would get a game for Spain and just get a game and no more with Ashley Cole! Rooney & Villa is debatable but Villa has proved it and done damage when needed for Spain were as Rooney hasent done it when hes called upon at international leval. Terry has basically passed it now never mind waiting till next years Euros so that is an easy call I reckon.

Whats your thoughts?

Hart

Terry

Cole

Wilshere

Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney

Hart - an excellent shot stopper but prone to the odd error. Wouldn't rate him above Shagger.

Terry - past it. Too slow and certainly not the defender he is made out to be. Don't think he's ever been in the same vicinity as "world class"

Cole - underrated defensively IMO. A good solid left back, great going forward which possibly makes people underrate his defensive abilities. TBH I would struggle to think of a better left back as much as I don't like him as a person - "Arsenal's wage offer was an insult" not because he cheated on that fud Cheryl.

Wilshere - very promising but likely to be ruined by the English media who will villify him as soon as he doesn't win them Euro 2012.

Lampard - Again has seen better days but can still be a big player on his day. Having said that has never really proven to be "world class" in the world stage.

Gerrard - I think he has suffered from the England mentailty of "lets shove all the best players into the same starting 11 whether they fit or not" theory. Has been shoehorned into left mid, right mid etc by England managers just to get him in the team. A good manager picks players to fit a system not the other way around.

Rooney - Awesome on his day but unless he's getting enough granny pussy or just isn't in the mood (see World Cup 06) then he's just not up to it. Another "world class" player yet to prove it on the world stage.