would you be happy for celtic to sing their ira songs

Redwhiteandblue

where are you from and what is your answer to the thread title?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. scotland

• yes
    • no
    • non scottish
  2. 2. england

• yes
    • no
    • non english
  3. 3. ireland/northern ireland

• yes
    • no
    • non irish
  4. 4. other

• yes
    • no
    • from UK

if it meant we could sing our sectarian songs?

Personaly, i couldnt give a fuck what they sing. I never watch their games and never listen to the cunts either. You dont need to be thick skined to not be offended by a song, its just words. Words have never hurt anybody. I would love to see every stand in Ibrox belting out the billy boys again. I would even go as far as saying that we dont do as well in europe these days because our stadium isnt as intimidating as it once was. I just wish things would go back to the way they used to be.

On another note, good to see those fuckers finally getting pulled up for the shite they started. Hahafuckingha!

Message to admin - i'm on my phone so cant make this a poll. If there is anyway you can add a poll to this can you do it for me please? Just with options of 'yes' or 'no'

Cheers

Just added the poll i wanted. Sorry if i've made an arse of it, its the first poll i've made.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid i don't agree with you, anyone who sings songs about an organisation that is hell bent on the deaths of British soldiers and the destruction of the U.K. has no place in this country and i wish they would all fuck off to Ireland and see how good it really is !

Calling them sectarian songs makes me assume you disagree with them being sung, but yes.

Let everyone sing what they want and punch fuck out of anyone who claims to be offended by them.

Sticks and Stones and all that hubub.

no, i dont disagree with them being sung. I want all our old songs back. Our 'sectarian' songs are some of our best. Thats the only reason they cunts wanted them banned. They arent offended by the songs, they just hated the fact that when TBB was getting belted out it would drown out anything they could sing.

Im undecided on this subject. I was thinking about it the other day, it would be an easy way out for them. We have done superbly to get rid of the songs etc that we are not supposed to sing from the stadiums. They are still on my phone , in cds in my car , and heard at every rangers doo youll be at lol. But we have simply stopped singing them for 90 minutes. It annoyed me at first but we have got loads of new songs to sing and the atmosphere hasnt been effected ( it was shite already if were honest ) and away games are still as great as ever.

My opinion is Celtic started all this pish, how u can be offended by a song ill never understand, but they ran away crying to everyone, so i will happily now sit back and tune into every football phone in to listen to them trying to get out of this one now. It will almost be worth not being able to sing the Billy Boys for 90 minutes. Karma is a bitch, Ya bunch a peados.

I'm afraid i don't agree with you, anyone who sings songs about an organisation that is hell bent on the deaths of British soldiers and the destruction of the U.K. has no place in this country and i wish they would all fuck off to Ireland and see how good it really is !

I had no problems with them singing this shite until it actually affected us, and showed the double standards of the law enforcement brigade in our country.

Totally understand your viewpoint here, but are you really offended by it?

no, i dont disagree with them being sung. I want all our old songs back. Our 'sectarian' songs are some of our best. Thats the only reason they cunts wanted them banned. They arent offended by the songs, they just hated the fact that when TBB was getting belted out it would drown out anything they could sing.

Exactly, i dont see how anyone can get offended by a fucking song. Just makes you sound like a fanny. "That really hurt my feelings" :(

Nae bother at all. Why? I couldn't give a flying f*ck about them. We will outplay, outsing, and be better men (and women) always.

They can sing about anything they please. We know how disgraceful they are. That's their issue...not ours.

Aside from the blooper of calling our songs sectarian, I agree with the OP.

We could so easily make the Old Firm game the best derby in world football again, but this country needs a massive dose of 'Man The Fuck Up'.

Tired of being falling over each other to be offended.

Do I find their songs morally repugnant? Yes.

To the extent that I agree with the madness over being offended by everything? No.

Let them sing their songs if they want. But let us sing our songs also. The watering down of the rivalry is NOT a good thing for me. I despise them and everything they stand for. I don't mind it when they conform to my loathsome expectations, not at all.

Surely no-one, regardless of the circumstances, should be "happy" for anyone to endorse a terrorist organisation in the shape of songs at a football match

What they do doesn't really impact on my life, so it doesn't bother me. If we're singled out for songs while they get away with similar instances, well then that bothers me.

NO WAY! These evil paedos started this "carry on", it's 2011 FFS.

They need brought to task for the evil they have brought onto this nation since the early 1900's.

Scotland was NOT a sectarian country until they arrived on our shores. They need to live by OUR rules, If this was a muslim "fringe" football team singing about killing british soldiers the mhedia would be in absolute uproar, north and south of the boarder.

Stamp it out on all sides, explode all seperate schools and have one schooling system.

THIS IS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM........SEPERATE SCHOOLS.......GET RID, PROBLEM SOLVED.

It's the fact they've hijacked the word f****n and turned it into a word describing Catholics, instead of the Republican meaning.

Are they really singing Paddy McCourt's Catholic Army?

Scott... they don't even know what they sing. (tu)

Stupid. Now I know there are a fair few celtc supporters that are good upstanding people. One of my best mates is a season ticket holder there. But ffs, some of the shite they come out with.....

What they do doesn't really impact on my life, so it doesn't bother me. If we're singled out for songs while they get away with similar instances, well then that bothers me.

Agreed with regards the level playing field but I just don't see the need for these songs TBH. I am Scottish. I am not Irish and could not give a monkeys ass about Ireland, Catholics and Proddies and all that goes with that. Can we not just sing songs about football?

btw here in Toronto, there are also separate schools. Not just Protestant/Catholic... But Muslim, Black, Jewish etc.

But then again, Canada is the most underachieving country of all time.. seriously. Is it the schools? Is it the lack of ambition?

The Fitba' here certainly 'sucks'.

A reasonable place.... but diversity does not equate to success.

imho of course. (tu)

Agreed with regards the level playing field but I just don't see the need for these songs TBH. I am Scottish. I am not Irish and could not give a monkeys ass about Ireland, Catholics and Proddies and all that goes with that. Can we not just sing songs about football?

Then we're just an ordinary football club. You cant ignore the heritage and traditions of the club, that which make it unique. They must be defended.