would you be happy for celtic to sing their ira songs

Redwhiteandblue

where are you from and what is your answer to the thread title?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. scotland

• yes
    • no
    • non scottish
  2. 2. england

• yes
    • no
    • non english
  3. 3. ireland/northern ireland

• yes
    • no
    • non irish
  4. 4. other

• yes
    • no
    • from UK

no you havent touched a nerve, i have more important things happening in my life than your posts. Protect my self from reality? Aye cause your posts are so important i must read them. I think my best mates 4yr old boy who is dying from cancer is reality, not someone who i dont know who obviously has too much time on their hands posts.

Ouch! I'm cut to the quick by your rapier like wit.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm sorry but no. This is the only fucking country in the world that would allow you to sing songs glorifying an illegal terrorist organisation that murdered innocent natives of that country and let you away with it. They can lie in the bed they made.

You make an interesting point though. I'm not sure about England or the English but sectarianism/loose talk about religion is much more overt in Scotland than in NI. It seems that a lack of real life experience of The Troubles, as you've already touched upon, makes it easier for people in Scotland to be openly supportive of IRA/UVF or make comments about religion etc. I'd never dream of talking about "proddies" or "tims" in earshot of strangers in Belfast City Centre for example.....you hear it all the time in Glasgow.

BUMP.....(This is the sort of stuff you mean RedWhite and Blue?)

No I'm sorry but no. This is the only fucking country in the world that would allow you to sing songs glorifying an illegal terrorist organisation that murdered innocent natives of that country and let you away with it. They can lie in the bed they made.

I honestly dont think most of them think its funny what the ira done. The hardcore rebels do, but not the majority. Imo anyway, i think they just sing their songs because they know it annoys us. Same as i think most of us sing our songs because it annoys them. How many other clubs sing GSTQ on a regular basis? I think we're the only UK club that do. Why do we do it? Its a get it up ye to them. Thats my opinion on it anyway.

I honestly dont think most of them think its funny what the ira done. The hardcore rebels do, but not the majority. Imo anyway, i think they just sing their songs because they know it annoys us. Same as i think most of us sing our songs because it annoys them. How many other clubs sing GSTQ on a regular basis? I think we're the only UK club that do. Why do we do it? Its a get it up ye to them. Thats my opinion on it anyway.

MMMMMMMMM ...they sing their ira guff to get at us granted ..but we sing our songs because we believe in what we are singing ..hence the reason i stated a few posts ago "let the scum sing what they want WATP" They as u have kinda said are trying to annoy us ..we have a life ,have many things to celebrate we are in OUR country they are travellers who feel and are inadequate hence the reason they sing such shite ...WE SHOULD JUST LAUGH IN THEIR FACES AND MAKE THEM FEEL MORE INADEQUATE ...theres a wee spot in europe i mention to any of them that try their speel with me ,it aint Northern Ireland its called GIBRALTAR ..they soon shut the fuck up when u mention that :uk:

So what came first? The chicken or the egg?

Not at all. You said that we sing "GSTQ" to get it up them and that they sing IRA tunes to get it up us.

One of us must have started singing our songs first and then the other retaliated with their songs to annoy the other. Which came first was the rhetorical question.

Not at all. You said that we sing "GSTQ" to get it up them and that they sing IRA tunes to get it up us.

One of us must have started singing our songs first and then the other retaliated with their songs to annoy the other. Which came first was the rhetorical question.

think we all know the answer ..well there might be a few that dont :lol:

I honestly dont know. Thats one for the older (much older) bears to answer. I would love to know the honest answer though. I think their ira songs were probably a retaliation to GSTQ though.