would you be happy for celtic to sing their ira songs

Redwhiteandblue

where are you from and what is your answer to the thread title?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. scotland

• yes
    • no
    • non scottish
  2. 2. england

• yes
    • no
    • non english
  3. 3. ireland/northern ireland

• yes
    • no
    • non irish
  4. 4. other

• yes
    • no
    • from UK

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely.

Maybe then we could rid ourselves of all those self-appointed moral guardians who spend their time looking down their noses at the rest of us, shaking their heads in disappointment that we don't actually give a fuck about what Celtic and their fans do or say.

Then we're just an ordinary football club. You cant ignore the heritage and traditions of the club, that which make it unique. They must be defended.

Agree with this as well. But it was the support that made The Rangers. The Rangers are who 'we are'. Not the other way around so to speak. We will always defend our beliefs... Whether that it is our loyalty to the Monarchy, the Forces etc. That is why...

WE are the people. And no one else. (tu)

I had no problems with them singing this shite until it actually affected us, and showed the double standards of the law enforcement brigade in our country.

Totally understand your viewpoint here, but are you really offended by it?

As someone who knows people who have been murdered by the IRA and people who have had relatives murdered by them, YES i am deeply offended !

Then we're just an ordinary football club. You cant ignore the heritage and traditions of the club, that which make it unique. They must be defended.

Mmmmm. Are you sure? Just because it get's filed under heritage or tradition doesn't always make it all good. Remember a few years back we didn't sign a certain type of player. If we had kept that up we wouldn't have had big Amo as our captain, wee Mo scoring against them etc. etc. That's one tradition I'm glad we didn't defend

All I'm saying is that Rangers are my team. My football team. Just because I don't teary eyed at the site of an orange sash or some wall in Derry doesn't make any less of a fan.

It was ra manky mob that started getting offended by everything. They complained to Uefa the SFA and anyone who would make a story out of it.

They even complained to a Irish MP because, of the famine song. How can they get offended by that when they sing about the Ibrox disaster?

so naw ban every song the cunts have about the IRA. If they want to sing them they can fuck off to Ireland.

It was they cunts that started all of this pish, if it wasn't for them blowing everything out of proportion no one would bothering the way they are now.

And alex Salmond wouldn't give a fuck either, he's just latching on to so he can get votes and, wanting everyone to look at him to try and kid on he's doing something about it.

Offended+by+everything.jpg

never had a problem with any song sung by any fans, its football banter, just wish all these pc cunts realised this.

they sowed the seeds so a hope they fucking choke on it now.

The point is, the cunts where never "offended" by it. They just done it to show a bad light on Rangers fans and give them a bad name.

They call themselves fenians ffs. Mutants of the highest order.

never had a problem with any song sung by any fans, its football banter, just wish all these pc cunts realised this.

they sowed the seeds so a hope they fucking choke on it now.

A dont think songs about the ibrox disaster or ian durrant , davie cooper can be classed as football banter .

I think i agree with every reply in this thread. I would love the old songs back, but then again the comments about allowing the wretched scum to sing their "songs" makes think twice. But, overall, i don't get offended by their songs, just mightily pissed off when ours are banned and their far worse ones are not.

A dont think songs about the ibrox disaster or ian durrant , davie cooper can be classed as football banter .

there distatsteful and lack respect, but i would bet the majority of ppl who have sang them at a game, wouldn't act like that in another situation.

people get caught up in the atmosphere and pressure of the game.

yes there are some horrible cunts who will really mean what they are singing but most will have just got caught up in the atmosphere.

I managed to survive this long without dropping dead with a heart attack, due to the shock of hearing them sing their songs.

I was happy to shout "fuck up ya f****n bastards" when they started them, and join in with a chorus of No Pope of Rome.

However, since all this shit started, I've decided that they now offend me, along with being called a h** and an orange bastard.

Get all these dodgy songs to feck, theirs and ours.

I've been chuffed lately watching Bears singing songs with a bit of wit and getting our message across without falling foul of anyone.

That's being smart and showing the great unwashed up for what they are and not handing them any ammo to fire at us.

We'll soon replace them with better songs.

I'm afraid i don't agree with you, anyone who sings songs about an organisation that is hell bent on the deaths of British soldiers and the destruction of the U.K. has no place in this country and i wish they would all fuck off to Ireland and see how good it really is !

Well said mate.