Carsons Dog

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a splendid attempt at irony.

Unfortunately you fail completely, nobody has put forward the points of view you suggest.

So while yes, you have heard all that, you are the one who is saying it, nobody else.

I think you'll find, not just in this thread, that my point of irony is justified. You have your opinion, and i have mine, it just so happens that you have a larger backing.

My point this whole time is that, if you think gstq is a our national anthem then fine, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.

My problem is that some people seem to have something against those who don't abide by these 'rules' and jump on the bandwagon "coz all theyr pure mad mates sing gstq at ibrox".

I for one don't have a problem with being British, but i am Scottish first, and i will carry on singing flower of Scotland with the rest of my fellow scots.

I think you'll find, not just in this thread, that my point of irony is justified. You have your opinion, and i have mine, it just so happens that you have a larger backing.

My point this whole time is that, if you think gstq is a our national anthem then fine, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.

God Save The Queen is the UK and Scottish National Anthem. It's not my opinion, it is a matter of fact.

Or A MATTER OF FACT. If you prefer.

My problem is that some people seem to have something against those who don't abide by these 'rules' and jump on the bandwagon "coz all theyr pure mad mates sing gstq at ibrox".

Once again in English please?

I for one don't have a problem with being British, but i am Scottish first, and i will carry on singing flower of Scotland with the rest of my fellow scots.

Well done you.

Just not sure why you think I would want to know that?

Are you insecure?

You fighting a losing battle. The irony is reaking in here. It's final, we are not allowed to support our country anymore, we must (as Rangers fans) plegde our allegiance to the queen and the monarch... and by doing so we must burn our kilts (skirts) and rid ourselves of any national pride we have. We must not sing Flower of Scotland as it offends all Anti-Scottish, Scottish people.

Christ i've really heard it all.

Think you have made a massive leap there mcmartin - You can support Rangers, Scotland and be British.

That might not suit you and even make you come out of 'lurking' to post but thats the facts.

Of all the stuff posted on here its strange that this subject brings you out from cover.

Strange indeed.

Going on how this thread is going I would presume being British is more to do with state of mind rather than a historical technicality. ie. Passport. I just don't feel British. Never have. Never will. Should I take a class or something?? Maybe 2 hours of extreme Ludovico Technique showing continual images of Vera Lynn, the Dambusters, Churchill, The Queen, Big Ben and stuff like that?

Don't like it then LEAVE!

"God Save The Queen is the UK and Scottish National Anthem. It's not my opinion, it is a matter of fact.

Or A MATTER OF FACT. If you prefer"

Wrong. Scotland does not have an official National Anthem

It is you who is wrong you idiot.

Scotland is part of the UK. Our National Anthem is God Save The Queen.

Facts exist whether or not inbred vermin like you accept them.

"God Save The Queen is the UK and Scottish National Anthem. It's not my opinion, it is a matter of fact.

Or A MATTER OF FACT. If you prefer"

Wrong. Scotland does not have an official National Anthem

Nail on head....

Flower of Scotland is a "de facto" national anthem, down to the nitty and gritty they don't actually have one.

Anyway, my post count has grown a little, i'll probably be 'ousted out' in any future discussions as being 'the guy who doesn't reckon gstq' is our national anthem' or even worse as a 'tim'...

I have nothing further to add.

Nail on head....

Flower of Scotland is a "de facto" national anthem, down to the nitty and gritty they don't actually have one.

Anyway, my post count has grown a little, i'll probably be 'ousted out' in any future discussions as being 'the guy who doesn't reckon gstq' is our national anthem' or even worse as a 'tim'...

I have nothing further to add.

SO WHO IS THEY? if u dont mind me asking ..

Braveheart=Rangers hating....now I have truly heard it all.

It's a mildly entertaining period romp very "loosely" based on a dramatic part of our countries fascinating history. Only a madman would read anymore into it

Yep, point wasn't about the film. You've already given yourself away, maybe you should trying reading more into other folks posts, you may grasp the argument that way.

So after reading this thread, is it fair to say that there are people - that have posted in this thread - who would say that any reference to Her Majesty The Queen, has no place at Ibrox? Or anything to do with Rangers?

Yes. Me.

Except when we're talking about her pictures in the dressing room, or about toasting her at the Loving Cup ceremony, or singing our national anthem.