Steve Bruce Sacked By Sunderland

I was well and truly bemused by the criticism of Gyan by Bruce after he left.

Bruce was giving it the big he's willing to play at a lower level and ultimately he has had his head turned by money while almost forgetting that about two thirds of all the players who are playing in England are only there because of the wages on offer :lol:

Bruce being bitter? No way! :pipe:

I genuinely believe the only reason he's kept a job this long is that his voice is so calming that no Chairman has the heart to sack him.

Your right there...in a way :P any Sunderland fan would tell you Niall Quinn wouldn't have the guts to sack anyone. Now Ellis Short is Owner/Chairman, he is notable for being a good businessman in America so I think he'd definitely have the guts to do it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never understood the affection/respect for Steve Bruce as a manager. He has never produced a team that is consistent in performance or results.

Also annoyed by his sycophantic behaviour around Sir Alex Ferguson. I have always felt that when his team at the time were beaten by Man U he did not seem as upset as he would be if they were beaten by Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

Will not be surprised or disappointed if he is bagged. A few Geordie workmates will be gutted though because they are having a great time at the moment

Bruce was giving it the big he's willing to play at a lower level and ultimately he has had his head turned by money while almost forgetting that about two thirds of all the players who are playing in England are only there because of the wages on offer :lol:

Being a bit unfair there DBBTB, clearly the money is a big draw but the Premiership is one of the best leagues in the world (maybe not the best like many think but all the same), huge football clubs play in the league with some of the best players around, it's watched by millions of people worldwide, England is considered the home of football etc etc. English football has benefited a lot from Sky money of course but it's always been one of the major footballing countries.

The United Arab Emirates isn't on the same planet perhaps apart from money that can be offered, I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the football clubs from there, and all I know about their national team is that Roy Hodgson managed them briefly.

might be wrong but im sure Steve Bruce had a bit of a reputation of chasing the buck when he first started out in management?

seem to remember a couple of chairmen having a go when he walked out to take over "bigger" clubs