Fleck

nvager

I've not seen last night's game so can't comment on that but surely the boy needs a run in the team. Give him 5/6 games playing behind Jela and see how he fares. If he doesn't do the business then get rid.

I can't help but feel we could be looking at another Charlie Adam scenario if we offload him now without giving him a decent run.

I said the same until last night but not now.

If that was him busting a gut to impress the manager and say "I deserve to start" then we will blow our 4 point lead in two games. That was how bad and disgraceful his performance was.

Put it this way...i will state here and now that i will be very surprised if we see Fleck play for the 1st team again and fully expect him to be loaned out or sold in January.

That was how bad and amateurish his performance was last night.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but do any of them go on to be established first team players ... it's not as if we even play in a particularly good league :anguish:

Greegsy, Hutton, Ferguson, Adam, Wylde, Wilson, Ness, Perry, McCormack. Then you could say there are players like your Steven Smiths who made an impact and held their own in the first team when they were called upon. So I would say we produce plenty of youth players. Compare us to a team like Man Utd who bring in probably four times the amount of youngsters that we do and I would say our ratio of players brought in to players that have made it is very good indeed.

thought he was average at best last night and i thought the team performance although a friendly was rank rotten. we cant even pass the ball to a team mate and run into space what the fuck do they do in training and as for greg wyldes ability to beat a man and cross a ball into the box what wide men are supposed to do well he needs a lot of practice as his crossing was dire last night.thought it was a poor show all round tbh apart from the goal we scored and some play by sone aluko i have never felt so bored watching my team as i have this season 2nd half against the scum apart.and all those who might shoot me down for being negative, i hate to be like this but i just think that mccoist should take the shackles off them and let them play attacking football before its too late.

i have never felt so bored watching my team as i have this season 2nd half against the scum apart.and all those who might shoot me down for being negative, i hate to be like this but i just think that mccoist should take the shackles off them and let them play attacking football before its too late.

I'm totally with you on this. 30+ years of watching Rangers.

Was excited pre-season to see what McCoist an attacking player would bring with new fresh ideas. Sadly it's even worse.

McCoist seems paralysed by the spectre of his mentor Walter Smith. You can see he has exactly the same thoughts and tactics as Smith.

Now i know there is an argument that says why shouldn't he copy the man who led us to three in a row and in all honesty it is hard to argue against that logic. However let us not hide the fact there were many faults or flaws in Smith's line ups and tactics in certain games which led to us making heavy weather of easy opponents. Or not putting opponents to the sword when we should have.

To be honest i was hoping for a few changes and a more refreshing style of play.

Watching Rangers this season is almost if not even more boring than under Smith. No flair, no passing and moving, no retaining posession better. Playing the same players in the same positions that didn't work under Smith. Same use of subs at almost identical times in games.

We all want Ally to succeed because of what he done and what he means to so many but he is in my opinion being far too cautious and negtaive to the point of almost copying Smith in every facet of his thinking and team set up.

I also worry he doesn't have that "fear" or "respect" Smith had and is having trouble getting his ideas and messages over to certain players.

I think also that last night was a watershed for quite a few players whose careers at Rangers should be over in January.

Greegsy, Hutton, Ferguson, Adam, Wylde, Wilson, Ness, Perry, McCormack. Then you could say there are players like your Steven Smiths who made an impact and held their own in the first team when they were called upon. So I would say we produce plenty of youth players. Compare us to a team like Man Utd who bring in probably four times the amount of youngsters that we do and I would say our ratio of players brought in to players that have made it is very good indeed.

None of those were established first team players.

Steven Smith was, though, til injury.

Looks like a little fatty who can't run to me and continually loses ball due to lack of strength and lack of pace.

To think of the boy that came onto the scene as the next Rooney and looked awesome first couple of games has regressed so badly is worrying but not unexpected at rangers.

Our coaching at all levels is shite

Fleck general play last night wasn't as bad as some suggested, he was asked to link up but due to the rigid defensive set up. His role changed into sitting really deep as a outlet. To be fair to him he wasn't the worse player on the pitch and his pass possession stats would have been high, as he wasn't giving the ball away as much as many others. One of our rare players that actually show some kind of football intelligence on the park.

But as usual, if he isn't beating 5 players at a time, or putting in crunching tackles he's wrote off.

Fleck general play last night wasn't as bad as some suggested, he was asked to link up but due to the rigid defensive set up. His role changed into sitting really deep as a outlet. To be fair to him he wasn't the worse player on the pitch and his pass possession stats would have been high, as he wasn't giving the ball away as much as many others. One of our rare players that actually show some kind of football intelligence on the park.

But as usual, if he isn't beating 5 players at a time, or putting in crunching tackles he's wrote off.

You don't need to beat 5 players to be impressive. Equally you should do a lot more and put in a lot more effort than he did last night. And i'm sorry you can blame the ultra defensive line up all you want but that is when good players stand out. They make things happen, they see passes, they control the ball instantly and with a burst of pace or a quick turn have left their marker for dead. I cannot recall any of the above not one passage of link up play with Hemmings or a through ball on goal for someone to latch on to.

In short he did nothing again when he has to step up a level in not only performance but quality of opposition.

I thought he looked fat,cumbersome and about 3 or 4 yards off the pace in central midfield.

You don't need to beat 5 players to be impressive. Equally you should do a lot more and put in a lot more effort than he did last night. And i'm sorry you can blame the ultra defensive line up all you want but that is when good players stand out. They make things happen, they see passes, they control the ball instantly and with a burst of pace or a quick turn have left their marker for dead. I cannot recall any of the above not one passage of link up play with Hemmings or a through ball on goal for someone to latch on to.

In short he did nothing again when he has to step up a level in not only performance but quality of opposition.

I thought he looked fat,cumbersome and about 3 or 4 yards off the pace in central midfield.

Fleck role last night resulted in being a defensive outlet, while sitting just in front of the back 4. You can gloss over our set up all you want and point the blame to certain individuals, but that's just the usual deflect blame we revert back to all through the season. But when you have no movement off the ball to support and our lone striker 25yards further up the park with 2-3 defenders surrounding him. Fleck would have to be like Messi to get support up to him.

He did what any player in his situation would have done, try to link up and move into a 2nd phase of play. Just one problem though, our players ain't got the intelligence to make it stick or even give him the ball back.

Like it or not, that all stems back to what they learn on the training pitch... This defending and attacking in straight lines has to be addressed.

Fleck role last night resulted in being a defensive outlet, while sitting just in front of the back 4. You can gloss over our set up all you want and point the blame to certain individuals, but that's just the usual deflect blame we revert back to all through the season. But when you have no movement off the ball to support and our lone striker 25yards further up the park with 2-3 defenders surrounding him. Fleck would have to be like Messi to get support up to him.

He did what any player in his situation would have done, try to link up and move into a 2nd phase of play. Just one problem though, our players ain't got the intelligence to make it stick or even give him the ball back.

Like it or not, that all stems back to what they learn on the training pitch... This defending and attacking in straight lines has to be addressed.

Ok i'll give you a different scenario then. When the younger players were introduced later in the game and provided that much needed movement and vitality you speak about did Fleck up his game?

Ok i'll give you a different scenario then. When the younger players were introduced later in the game and provided that much needed movement and vitality you speak about did Fleck up his game?

Fleck continued to sit and played beside McCulloch as Ally McCoist chopped and changed personal and to try and retain possession, now Bendiksen offered that second phase and Aluko offered some directness, the system started to click for a 10minute period of time. Hamburg then adapted then we went back to contain, contain, contain tactic with no outlay. Which then led to the mistake and lack of concentration.

Steven Davis also suffers from this lack of support and I mean lack of movement in our straight line system. It is no consequence his form has dropped severely this season. Now you have to ask, if we ain't got a plan B. Then what are we working on at Murray park. Cause it's looks like were just running about a pitch instead of working on pass and move.

What I don't get is that he had a decent run in the team a couple of seasons back, a team that were undoubtedly better than what we have now, yet now he's nowhere near the team really. That said, i'm not sure I want him to be, his hype has always been far greater than what we've seen from him.

Fleck continued to sit and played beside McCulloch as Ally McCoist chopped and changed personal and to try and retain possession, now Bendiksen offered that second phase and Aluko offered some directness, the system started to click for a 10minute period of time. Hamburg then adapted then we went back to contain, contain, contain tactic with no outlay. Which then led to the mistake and lack of concentration.

Steven Davis also suffers from this lack of support and I mean lack of movement in our straight line system. It is no consequence his form has dropped severely this season. Now you have to ask, if we ain't got a plan B. Then what are we working on at Murray park. Cause it's looks like were just running about a pitch instead of working on pass and move.

I understand your points and i agree with the tactical analysis but the point i am making is that if Fleck is as good as many think then we would have seen something last night from him to back this up. Be it one move, one piece of skill (The Ferguson turn against Leverkusen springs to mind). One incisive pass, one shimmy and dart forward.

I never saw any of that. All i saw was a cumbersome and slow, ponderous midfielder yards off the pace passing a simple 10 yard pass or losing control in vital areas.

Fleck in his defence looks to have went backwards since breaking in to the team. He looks heavier and slower but is that all down to Rangers and the coaches?????

I understand your points and i agree with the tactical analysis but the point i am making is that if Fleck is as good as many think then we would have seen something last night from him to back this up. Be it one move, one piece of skill (The Ferguson turn against Leverkusen springs to mind). One incisive pass, one shimmy and dart forward.

I never saw any of that. All i saw was a cumbersome and slow, ponderous midfielder yards off the pace passing a simple 10 yard pass or losing control in vital areas.

Fleck in his defence looks to have went backwards since breaking in to the team. He looks heavier and slower but is that all down to Rangers and the coaches?????

Sadly it is down to Rangers and our coaches, we've let him down with his development. Fleck was never going to be the next Wayne Rooney. He was always going to be a player in the mould of Steven Davis or Charlie Adam. A good technical player with a good eye for a pass. He still has that in his locker, that was on show last night. Even though we had him sitting very deep in a defensive midfield role. But one thing is obvious he ain't going to get time to develop with us. He needs a loan move to a more progressive style of team.

Barry Ferguson was lucky he had the players and coaching staff around him at that time to develop his game, or it would have been the same story.

I just never see enough from him in a general sense of play when he does appear to feel that he either warrants a starting place or brings anything to the team.

I understand people say he should be given freedom and the role he prefers etc but in my honest opinion I haven't seen any of the skill and technique that would lead me to thinking he deserves us to change things purely to just accommodate him.

Just my opinion of course.

Completely agree and the exact point that I continually try and make every time he plays and shows me nothing.

The out of position and tactics excuses don't explain why he can't show a glimmer of ability.