Chick Young's view - it's Celtic's title

rangersxfc

If only Beram Kayal hadn't squatted and instead taken the power of Arda Turan's shot straight on his coupon in the style of Murdo MacLeod in 1990, he would indeed have been assured of a secure future.

Wee Murdo was playing for Scotland against Brazil in the Stadio delle Alpe and either a) showed the courage of a marine, or b) couldn't get out the way of Branco's thunderbolt.

Either way, more than two decades down the road, he is still in demand on the after-dinner circuit telling the tale.

So that's a missed opportunity for the Israeli captain in days still to come.

Whatever persuaded the Celtic captain for the night in the Europa League tie against Atletico Madrid to take the evasive action that left big Fraser Forster, the Celtic goalie, as fooled as the rest of us, remains a mystery.

It was as if he had seen a bat - bird of the night or the baseball variety - flying at him.

Shame, really, because Celtic up to then had been pretty impressive against the side from La Liga, underlining their continuing job of clawing back respect at home and abroad.

It was some week for Kayal, who became pin-up material, unfortunately more for the Rangers dressing room noticeboard than the bedroom walls of Celtic fans.

He claimed that Celtic have the best players and squad in Scotland and produce the best football in the country.

This is the kind of claim which is food and drink to the motivational coaches. Just what the blokes at Murray Park ordered. And an a la carte serving at that.

As he spoke, Rangers fans were entitled to refer him to the Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League table which showed the Ibrox club four points out in front.

But you know something? If I were defending him in a court of law I suspect that the route of veritas might be the one to take.

It's the truth, isn't it? Right now, Celtic are a better team, with a deeper squad and I'm not doubting for a heartbeat that my pre-season forecast about them winning the championship will be - and yes, it is a rarity for me in this respect - correct.

Ally McCoist has produced a remarkable performance in securing some kind of insulation for his dressing room from the machinations of the boardroom where Craig Whyte has admitted - as was claimed in a BBC documentary - that he was indeed disqualified from acting as a director for seven years.

Even the club admits there is a "dark cloud" hanging over Ibrox. And it's getting worse. They will be needing umbrellas in the Blue Room soon.

The worse this gets, the nearer we sail to the transfer window; the bigger the question mark over the tax liability, then the more the minds of the players will drift to what happens next.

Publicly they will deny it: but if Rangers receive offers they cannot - or will not - refuse for Nikica Jelavic, Steven Davis or Allan McGregor, then there is concern within the club that Celtic will romp past them by Burns' Night.

In truth, it might be quicker than that, and a season which just a few short weeks ago teased Neil Lennon with his P45 might yet end up with him celebrating a treble.

Well, only he and Kenny Shiels can achieve it and with respect to Kilmarnock, he's a manager, not the Christmas fairy.

Good old Kenny, the thinking fan's manager, his latest comments to me on Sportsound on Sunday underlining his thoughts that everyone should support his or her local team.

I know what he was getting at and his heart is in the right place, although given the place of my birth - Govan - and current residence - the south side of Glasgow - that would force me to be a fan of Rangers.

And despite the protestations of Jonathan Watson whose career may lie in tatters at my repeated corrections and, I suspect, cynical readers of this column, that is not the case.

However, Rangers and Celtic will tug at the heart strings of supporters around the globe and every move they make will be dissected and analysed with the endeavour and intensity of a forensic team on the trail of justice.

And galling as it is, the news for Kenny Shiels is that there is as much chance of a town uniting behind its team as there is of Beram Kayal volunteering for a defensive wall.

But what he did volunteer was the truth. Celtic are playing the best football in Scotland.

And it is Rangers who look like sitting ducks.

thats the bbc for ye

I would agree they have a deeper quad but not better. We are also top of the league with 4 point and in the driving seat. Another thing is that there's 3 old firm games and I don't think they will win them all (something they think is a given)

I really do love how the rotten mob think its wrapped up already and have struggled for most of the season.

Kayals quote has to go up in the dressing room rto spur the players on, if they need it

Guys you have to realise about this little chunt, yes once again year older than me a school was a little keech then . This little keech is thinking he is being mr controversial i.e Rangers and the BBC have problem. i will go on and on about ra sellic and get all the guys calling.Would have been the other way id the BBC was at loggerheads with ra sellic (I know stupid thought) he would be going on about us as being the good guys.

Would be great if we could not mention this little prick on any topic , would really fuck the waster up.

So please cartman can you tell us what really are you up to 10310.gif

They go on a wee winning run, and despite still being 4 points behind us, the media and most celtic fans seem to already think the title is in the bag. Strange strange bunch. Why Chick Young has always been portrayed as a rangers fan is something I have never understood.

Why is chick young still given a platform to spout such drivel? He embarrasses himself with almost every article he writes and has absolutely no credibility.

A laughable excuse for a football journalist who should have been 'retired' years ago

If only Beram Kayal hadn't squatted and instead taken the power of Arda Turan's shot straight on his coupon in the style of Murdo MacLeod in 1990, he would indeed have been assured of a secure future.

Wee Murdo was playing for Scotland against Brazil in the Stadio delle Alpe and either a) showed the courage of a marine, or b) couldn't get out the way of Branco's thunderbolt.

Either way, more than two decades down the road, he is still in demand on the after-dinner circuit telling the tale.

So that's a missed opportunity for the Israeli captain in days still to come.

Whatever persuaded the Celtic captain for the night in the Europa League tie against Atletico Madrid to take the evasive action that left big Fraser Forster, the Celtic goalie, as fooled as the rest of us, remains a mystery.

It was as if he had seen a bat - bird of the night or the baseball variety - flying at him.

Shame, really, because Celtic up to then had been pretty impressive against the side from La Liga, underlining their continuing job of clawing back respect at home and abroad.

It was some week for Kayal, who became pin-up material, unfortunately more for the Rangers dressing room noticeboard than the bedroom walls of Celtic fans.

He claimed that Celtic have the best players and squad in Scotland and produce the best football in the country.

This is the kind of claim which is food and drink to the motivational coaches. Just what the blokes at Murray Park ordered. And an a la carte serving at that.

As he spoke, Rangers fans were entitled to refer him to the Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League table which showed the Ibrox club four points out in front.

But you know something? If I were defending him in a court of law I suspect that the route of veritas might be the one to take.

It's the truth, isn't it? Right now, Celtic are a better team, with a deeper squad and I'm not doubting for a heartbeat that my pre-season forecast about them winning the championship will be - and yes, it is a rarity for me in this respect - correct.

Ally McCoist has produced a remarkable performance in securing some kind of insulation for his dressing room from the machinations of the boardroom where Craig Whyte has admitted - as was claimed in a BBC documentary - that he was indeed disqualified from acting as a director for seven years.

Even the club admits there is a "dark cloud" hanging over Ibrox. And it's getting worse. They will be needing umbrellas in the Blue Room soon.

The worse this gets, the nearer we sail to the transfer window; the bigger the question mark over the tax liability, then the more the minds of the players will drift to what happens next.

Publicly they will deny it: but if Rangers receive offers they cannot - or will not - refuse for Nikica Jelavic, Steven Davis or Allan McGregor, then there is concern within the club that Celtic will romp past them by Burns' Night.

In truth, it might be quicker than that, and a season which just a few short weeks ago teased Neil Lennon with his P45 might yet end up with him celebrating a treble.

Well, only he and Kenny Shiels can achieve it and with respect to Kilmarnock, he's a manager, not the Christmas fairy.

Good old Kenny, the thinking fan's manager, his latest comments to me on Sportsound on Sunday underlining his thoughts that everyone should support his or her local team.

I know what he was getting at and his heart is in the right place, although given the place of my birth - Govan - and current residence - the south side of Glasgow - that would force me to be a fan of Rangers.

And despite the protestations of Jonathan Watson whose career may lie in tatters at my repeated corrections and, I suspect, cynical readers of this column, that is not the case.

However, Rangers and Celtic will tug at the heart strings of supporters around the globe and every move they make will be dissected and analysed with the endeavour and intensity of a forensic team on the trail of justice.

And galling as it is, the news for Kenny Shiels is that there is as much chance of a town uniting behind its team as there is of Beram Kayal volunteering for a defensive wall.

But what he did volunteer was the truth. Celtic are playing the best football in Scotland.

And it is Rangers who look like sitting ducks.

thats the bbc for ye

:bullshit - Copy:

We have been awful last 2 games , fuck all creativity without Naismith a lack of strength in depth that is so blatantly obvious and possible departures from more of our best players in january!! Forgive me for being slightly concerned!