Aluko

NessFTW

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing what a win does. 2 games one of which he played well in. Hold your horses boys, I hope he will consistently produce the good he has today. But remember Weiss' first game? We all thought he was a world beater, but like all wingers he drifted in and out of some games. I expect Aluko to do the same, but don't get me wrong I hope he does well.

Looked fantastic from where i was sitting today. Honestly cant remember him giving the ball away and his flashes of skill were great , always looking positive and looking to make something happen. Dont think we will miss Weiss at all with him in the team now.

Amazing what a win does. 2 games one of which he played well in. Hold your horses boys, I hope he will consistently produce the good he has today. But remember Weiss' first game? We all thought he was a world beater, but like all wingers he drifted in and out of some games. I expect Aluko to do the same, but don't get me wrong I hope he does well.

probably right mate,these type of players are NEVER consistent but when they are on form they are a delight to watch.My 11 year old son after the game just raving about his skills today. When was the last time we could say that coming out of ibrox.Breath of fresh air and on the first Aluko post on RM i pleaded for Gers to sign him up.Makes up for the disappointment of Weiss in the summer.

Come on guys, he's worth a new contract on the basis of the most ridiculously cheeky back-heel nutmeg pass to Whittaker... That was sublime :clap:

(PS. The new contract bit is sarcasm.. He looks great, but let's hope he can keep it up, what a find if so!)

The thing I like about him is that yes he likes to beat a player but that he doesn't usually overdo it. He does seem to know when to release it when appropriate, something Weiss was poor at IMO.

For me, his performance today was of the top drawer, as someone said he barely gave the ball away the whole game. Even if he is inconsistent, it is impressive that he is even capable of this type of performance, albeit it was only Dunfermline.

We'll see how he get's on against better opposition which will ultimately determine how good a player he is. All the same, he definitely deserves praise for a terrific performance today.

Aluko does over do it a little bit, we have seen that in every game he has played for us so far but he has produced the good already. Some of his runs were fantastic today, he was a breathe of fresh air. If we had Sone on one wing and Vlad on the other along with a striker willing to pull the finger out, we would be laughing. For the mean time though, aluko will do just fine!

Aluko does over do it a little bit, we have seen that in every game he has played for us so far but he has produced the good already. Some of his runs were fantastic today, he was a breathe of fresh air. If we had Sone on one wing and Vlad on the other along with a striker willing to pull the finger out, we would be laughing. For the mean time though, aluko will do just fine!

Looks better than Weiss to me, not much between them perhaps aluko has better control from what iv seen, would like to see him shoot more often as Weiss used to try

Watching Aluko today was ever so slightly like being in the good old days, when you were confident every time one of our wingers got the ball, that he would beat players and make inroads towards goal.

If Aluko can improve and get more understanding of those around him (or vice versa), we could be in for some fun.

I wasn,t at the game but on the radio and what people are saying he seems to have been great today. nobody has mentioned that its only his 2nd competetive game in nearly 6 months .lets hope he keeps it up and gets his extended deal , him and naismith in the same team would definately be exciting to see.

I thought he was fantastic today, and not just because our other players were lethargic and he stood out. He has tricks galore in the locker, never wasted a pass and has lightning pace. An absolute bargain. Hope he stays fit and keeps up the workrate. Was also impressed with his strength, held off the hammer throwers today as well.

Where are all the doubters tonight?

So far he has looked good. He was our best player at Rugby Park, looked lively in Hamburg and deservedly got MOTM today with a very good display.

But so far it is still only 2 competitive games and a friendly match. Let's wait until the end of the season and see if he can do it week in week out before jumping to conclusions.

Watching Aluko today was ever so slightly like being in the good old days, when you were confident every time one of our wingers got the ball, that he would beat players and make inroads towards goal.

If Aluko can improve and get more understanding of those around him (or vice versa), we could be in for some fun.

Definitely agree, we dont have many players who look comfortable on the ball, let alone have he ability to beat players consistently and Sone looks like he could be that spark we need.

In every both of them? :pipe:

But Aberdeen let him run his contract down, he couldn't get a club, he never ever stood out against us.........so he must be shite.

Once again the so called experts on here get it completly wrong ;)

Aberdeen didn't let it run down I don't think, pretty sure he didn't want to sign a new one

This.

Far too early to give him a contract, the lad was very good today but let's see how he performs against better opposition and over a number of games. Knee-jerk call.

Hopefully he works on his shooting. Great debut at Ibrox, lol at James Beattie's name coming up though.

no knee jerk call the guy has all the attributes to be TOP CLASS.Keep repeating regularly picked for England from u-15 until u-19.Only FOUR years ago plying his trade with THE top young talent in England

ie Sturridge etc. James Beattie are u having a laugh.