Man City Goals Today

TheMotor

I'm no City fan but they scored some pretty clever goals today and no mistake. If you get a chance to see them, preferably full-screen and not on some crappy internet link (so I haven't included one), have a look.

Nasri's goal was a fluke but the other's were really good: a lovely curling strike by Touré; a more ordinary looking but well-placed curler from Johnson; a Balotelli shoulder after a lovely build-up; and the pick of the bunch (I thought) - Aguero's opener.

The thing to watch with Aguero's goal is that, although a toe-poke, he received a cut-back from Richards with about 6 players between him and the goal and he not only kept possession beautifully but nut-megged two of them with the shot. I thought it was lucky at first but on watching the reverse angle, his head is up and it looks entirely deliberate. It would be interesting to see what others think.

Wouldn't go that far mate. City have still to go through a sticky spell which nearly every team has over a season. Man United are not playing great but are keeping close to City.

If the form continues City will win the league convincingly, however they've looked suspect in a couple of games lately. A long way to go and an injury to Silva/Aguero and it could go downhill.

Man Utd always start slow and by xmas/turn of the year they start 'clicking'. Happens every year, will happen this year. Five points is fk all, City will start dropping points somewhere abd when that happens expect Utd/any other challenger to capitalise.

man city's 4th goal was the best team goal you will see this season btw (tu)

as for their sticky patch, most teams go through it, but thats because most teams dont have 2 seperate staring 11's that they can use, if any of city's starting 11 play poorly they can simply bring others in of equal EPL calibre

I read Johnston was signing a new five year contract, and thought thats good, hes a very good young prospect, then I read he was getting £90k a week and thought he's no worth that, but the way he's playing right now he fully deserves it! I reckon he's probably gonna be the best english player of his age.

Heard for years how Man United have 2 or 3 teams, best squad in world football, yet when they lose a key player especially Vidic they seem to struggle. City don't really have title experience to rely upon when injuries mount up which has got United through seasons in the past combined by grinding out results.

Man City lose Joe Hart, they don't have an adequate replacement. Don't have the same quality replacement for David Silva. Balotelli can't be relied upon all season due to his stupidity, so if Aguero gets a bad injury they only have Dzeko and Mario. Could they deliver for the rest of the season? Far from convinced.

If City had to lose 2 players from Silva, Aguero, Hart, Kompany and Yaya Toure that would make a massive difference because the replacements such as Savic, Hargreaves, Barry, Pantilimon etc are not on the same level, they may be classed as 'EPL Calibre' but they're not EPL winning championship calibre.

im not talking about same quality replacements, im talking about replacements that can grind them out results when needed, lets face it they have used players such as hargreaves, milner, barry, de jong etc and have still won games at a canter

the only place they may have struggled was at the back, but now kolo toure has started playing again that seems to be3 covered

as you say hart is perhaps the only one they would miss, but then how often is hart used, city barely face any shots anymore lol

Heard for years how Man United have 2 or 3 teams, best squad in world football, yet when they lose a key player especially Vidic they seem to struggle. City don't really have title experience to rely upon when injuries mount up which has got United through seasons in the past combined by grinding out results.

Man City lose Joe Hart, they don't have an adequate replacement. Don't have the same quality replacement for David Silva. Balotelli can't be relied upon all season due to his stupidity, so if Aguero gets a bad injury they only have Dzeko and Mario. Could they deliver for the rest of the season? Far from convinced.

If City had to lose 2 players from Silva, Aguero, Hart, Kompany and Yaya Toure that would make a massive difference because the replacements such as Savic, Hargreaves, Barry, Pantilimon etc are not on the same level, they may be classed as 'EPL Calibre' but they're not EPL winning championship calibre.

Hart

Richards Lescott Toure Kolarov

De Jong Hargreaves

Nasri Balotelli Johnson

Dzeko

That's losing 4 players you mentioned.

And that's still not including players like Barry and Milner.

It's not just cover in terms of personnel that get you through a 'bad patch' it's team spirit, morale and man-management.

This is where a team and manager like Utd and SAF excel and IMO, this will be the acid test for Man City later in the season rather than the strength of their squad in terms of personnel.

Yeah city are excellent. Was at etihad to c them play everton couple months ago. Toure is a class act. U would not have thought when he at barca as he looked more of z spoiler. He is more attack minded at city.

Will defo b going bak down, as lookin forward to seeking toure, silva, aguero snd balotelli again.

Exactly, as I mentioned before title experience can also play a massive role. Nervous come into play and the City fans would start to get anxious if they went 1 or 2 goals behind at home, or need a later winner. United have been able to get that late goal often, could City achieve this? Maybe but I'm not convinced.

City have cover in depth, but they don't have championship mentality cover at present.

city simply just dont look like going 2 goals down to anyone in the EPL, they would need a massive injury crisis to derail that team from their usual game of football