Alonso Khedira

Di Maria Ozil Ronaldo

Benzema

Barcelona

Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique Abidal

Xavi Busquets Fabregas

Sanchez Messi Iniesta

Arguably the biggest game of the season so far, thoughts?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Pique back and Puyol more than likely going to be fit after being taken off yesterday I fancy Barcelona to be tight enough at the back.

I fancy goals in this one and if I was pressed I'd say 2-1 either way. Head says Madrid, heart says FCB.

With Pique back and Puyol more than likely going to be fit after being taken off yesterday I fancy Barcelona to be tight enough at the back.

That's going to be key, I'm not fully sure how both teams will line-up. Di Maria could drop out for Diarra, if Arbeloa isn't fit does Ramos go back to RB or will Diarra continue to play there?

Hopefully Pep does not play Mascherano at the back! I'd play Villa because he delivers on the big stage, but that would mean leaving Fabregas or Sanchez out. Be interesting to see how both line-up for such an important match, Barcelona for a change are the team who need a victory.

Believe both teams will play all the reserves in the CL this midweek.

He will do what he always does when he gets humped , blame the refs , the Barca players and anyone else who will give him attention ...........

To be fair to him he didn't exactly get much luck in the Champions League Semi Final last season (tu)

That's going to be key, I'm not fully sure how both teams will line-up. Di Maria could drop out for Diarra, if Arbeloa isn't fit does Ramos go back to RB or will Diarra continue to play there?

Hopefully Pep does not play Mascherano at the back! I'd play Villa because he delivers on the big stage, but that would mean leaving Fabregas or Sanchez out. Be interesting to see how both line-up for such an important match, Barcelona for a change are the team who need a win.

Believe both teams will play all the reserves in the CL this midweek.

I wouldn't expect Sanchez to start, I'm not up to date on the full fitness of the squad but I I'd think Messi, Pedro and Fabregas/Iniesta will start with Busquets, Xavi and the other of Fab/Iniesta in midfield. The back four basically picks itself - if indeed Pep decides to use a back four and not continue with the back three and a midfield four.

It will be interesting.

I wouldn't expect Sanchez to start, I'm not up to date on the full fitness of the squad but I I'd think Messi, Pedro and Fabregas/Iniesta will start with Busquets, Xavi and the other of Fab/Iniesta in midfield. The back four basically picks itself - if indeed Pep decides to use a back four and not continue with the back three and a midfield four.

It will be interesting.

Apparently Barcelona are resting 13 during midweek... Victor Valdes, Carles Puyol, Dani Alves, Eric Abidal, Javier Mascherano, Seydou Keita, Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez and David Villa.

Pique will probably get some game time during the week to be fit for the weekend encounter. Been talk that Guardiola will go with the 3-4-3 formation, Sanchez has looked good lately and could be key if he starts. Pedro will also start in midweek I would imagine as he's only had about 50 minutes of action in the previous five games. Think Pedro will drop out at the weekend.

He is a whinging, classless fanny though - just like Lennon.

Having said that, Mourinho is mildly amusing sometimes, Lennon is comedy gold all of the time.

The day Neil Lennon shows any of Mourinho's nous, wit or brilliance there can be a comparison.

I can understand why Mourinho is disliked but the only comparison to make between him and Lennon is they both lost the title to better teams last season (tu)

Archived