Aluko to be hit with a 2 game ban

rangers_1993

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say it was excessive.

It is a yellow card offence if the player is caught. But if he isn't and it goes onto change the whole course of the game is a different matter. It isn't the same circumstances. This is what they want to highlight and drive out of the game.

I'm more than happy to see it driven out of the game.

Yet you would be happy to go with it if O'Connor's decision didn't happen?! Baffled mate.

Only in the British game is diving seen as a bad thing. Suarez was vilified by our media for that handball. I don't have an issue with diving. It's the referee's job to spot these things and make the decision during the game.

I did say it was excessive.

It is a yellow card offence if the player is caught. But if he isn't and it goes onto change the whole course of the game is a different matter. It isn't the same circumstances. This is what they want to highlight and drive out of the game.

I'm more than happy to see it driven out of the game.

I agree that it would be great to get it out of the game (though this will never happen) but i'm pretty sure you could find an example of a more blatant dive, even within that game. Was hardly as if he was trying to con the ref, he didn't even appeal

There was no really shout for a penalty from any players, half-hearted at best.... Doesn't matter whether I accept it or not if it had been the other way round. I would have to. The ref got it wrong like they have time and time again before this. I wouldnt be asking for the player to get banned. Fuck sake... Even Dunferminline dont believe he should be banned. So why the fuck are you accepting it?

The refs need a rocket up their arse in this country. This Part-time nonsense is a fucking joke. We need whistlers to get into ref course, take on the game full-time, these guys are making around a grand a game. I'm sure some level headed individual could go to a ref course work his way through and make a team of good full-time refs.... The part-time part needs to go now.

Well there was a shout. Just from the camera angle the two players you can see, both appeal.

What? Do you know what simulation is? I'm not sure how you can blame the referee. That is the point in diving, conning the referee into him thinking it is a foul. He got it wrong yes. But from the view the referee had it did look like a foul.

Why am I accepting it? Because I don't believe in cheating. I'm not a cheat, I don't like cheats and I don't think cheating is what our Club stands for.

That's a different topic all together which I do agree with you on.

you know what? Thats the first time i've properly watched that since the game. It is a pretty shite dive. Still, They've made their bed with the O Connor decision. If he gets off, Aluko should aswell. It's shite logic but if the SFA wants to be seen as 'fair' and 'consistent' then they have to let him off

Yet you would be happy to go with it if O'Connor's decision didn't happen?! Baffled mate.

Only in the British game is diving seen as a bad thing. Suarez was vilified by our media for that handball. I don't have an issue with diving. It's the referee's job to spot these things and make the decision during the game.

Yes I would. Aslong as every similar situation was treated the same, definitely. I find it embarrassing.

We have different opinions. Shock horror.

Well there was a shout. Just from the camera angle the two players you can see, both appeal.

What? Do you know what simulation is? I'm not sure how you can blame the referee. That is the point in diving, conning the referee into him thinking it is a foul. He got it wrong yes. But from the view the referee had it did look like a foul.

Why am I accepting it? Because I don't believe in cheating. I'm not a cheat, I don't like cheats and I don't think cheating is what our Club stands for.

That's a different topic all together which I do agree with you on.

He tripped over his own feet. I dont believe it was simulation in the slightest. The boy fell over.... Is this an impossibility to comprehend in football now-a-days? You can clearly see thats what happens and even if its not clear for you. Who are you to judge that it was a dive in any case?

Totally agree, really hate diving.

Look at the uproar when Mikoliunas dived against Scotland, not many said the two game ban was OTT. Can you imagine the comments if Hooper done the same against us? Would the same people say he doesn't deserve a two game ban or a ban at all?

Would like to see the problem eradicated from the game, but as you said Aluko does not deserve a ban due to the SFA not doing the same previously or being consistent on diving.

(tu)

Glad you can see what I'm getting at.

If they are going down the ludicrous road, perhaps we should appeal to the SFA for a replay of the Kilmarnock game after Sone was scythed down for a clear penalty.

If he does end up with a ban after the Hibs appeal was successful then that makes a complete farce of the whole thing. They must sit there salivating, `which influential Rangers player can we ban next´ whilst everyone else can do whatever the hell they like.

The "dive."

There is contact, but he goes down very easily and does look for it. Why bring it up now though? It's not like he's the first person to go down so easily - it happens weekly in football. No surprise it's to us - one rule for us and another for everyone else.

The thing is in football they say a dive is defined as simulating contact. There was definite contact with aluko, he had his arm grabbed as he ran past Hardie, Hardie also may have slightly clipped his heel. Bottom line is that yes he has gone down very easily, but there was definite contact, so technically he hasn't dived.

He tripped over his own feet. I dont believe it was simulation in the slightest. The boy fell over.... Is this an impossibility to comprehend in football now-a-days? You can clearly see thats what happens and even if its not clear for you. Who are you to judge that it was a dive in any case?

Who are you to judge it wasn't?

It's a football forum ffs. You don't need a fucking license :lol:

We both have different opinions. I'm astounded.

It's every bit, if not more, blatant than Aluko's dive. Why did that get cleared.

The SFA have made their beds with it.

Correct. They have made a complete fuck up of the whole situation.

I have no doubt that if we do appeal it, the ban will be reduced to one game.

O Connor's was reduced to nothing. Surely the SFA would have to do the same for us

I actually thought he was given a three match ban and it was taken away on appeal. But just read he was given a two match ban also.

The SFA have made this as hard as possible for themselves. You simply cannot justify them here. They have been complete fucking morons.

If Rangers do appeal they are going to recieve a huge wave of criticism one way or another.

Any half sane and rational person would have thought so yes, but would you honestly be surprised if he did receive a one match ban after it was appealed?

Indeed. Im really not one for the 'we get stitched up all the time' idea - but this really is a little bit daft

Fuck it, was a dive. Just cant see how the SFA can justify any decisions now after the O Connor one. And how a dive is somehow worth a 2 match ban. Ludicrous

I actually thought he was given a three match ban and it was taken away on appeal. But just read he was given a two match ban also.

The SFA have made this as hard as possible for themselves. You simply cannot justify them here. They have been complete fucking morons.

If Rangers do appeal they are going to recieve a huge wave of criticism one way or another.

And they will bow to the pressure from timmy and we all know they will. Cant wait for the first big incident the tims have to deal with and see how thats handled by the SFA's kangaroo court. Which part of the referee's decision being final do they not understand. Heres a thing, why no do away with the referee, and then have Juan Guy sort everything out on the monday. Utterly stupid the way these things are going in this country.