Aluko to be hit with a 2 game ban

rangers_1993

And in a bizarre twist, Jim McIntyre will now go to the panel over his comments post match where he said the referee was wrong and it was a dive.

So to sum up, Aluko has been banned for diving and McIntyre will face a tribunal investigation for saying it was diving...

pretty much sums up the entire SPL

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if it's been posted

DUNFERMLINE chief John Yorkston has pleaded with the SFA to go easy on Sone Aluko - so the Rangers star can run riot against the Pars' relegation rivals.

Yorkston insists Aluko did dive to win his side a crucial spot-kick in their 2-1 win over the East End Park outfit on Saturday at Ibrox, but he wants the Nigerian to avoid a potential two-game ban.

Dunfermline chairman Yorkston said: "If Aluko does get banned it does not help us in any way.

"What it would do is help the other teams in the bottom half of the league.

"This was an occasion when the ref got it wrong.

"If the ref had seen it the other way Aluko would have been booked and would not get a ban. He should have been yellow carded and that would have been it.

"Having watched it on TV, it was never a penalty. And the player's assertion that none of the Dunfermline lads objected to the award is also totally wrong.

"I don't think Paul Gallacher and other guys raced over to him just to see if he had hurt himself when he fell!"

Aluko will discover today at the earliest if he is to face disciplinary action. Charges of alleged simulation can be processed using the SFA's fast-track procedures after review by compliance officer Vincent Lunny.

If Lunny decides there is a case to answer, Aluko could be offered a two-game ban which he could accept or request a tribunal.

Meanwhile, Partick Thistle will seek talks with Rangers in a bid to extend the loan deal of Kyle Hutton.

He's got a point. Aluko being banned will be bad for Dunfermline, because let's face it, he looks our most dangerous player at the moment and it gives the other teams a little advantage for the pars being "cheated"

He went down easily,but, why have others got away with this and in this season as well.

What odds would you get from a bookie for so many people coming from a minority in this country being on this SFA bandwagon/ Did Regan change the rule book to offer an invite to he of the slant eyes Mt Integrity himself.

How many with an affiliation to the Irish club that happens to play in Scotland ..not my words but one of their own. Are involved with the SFA?

Are the allegations relating to regan and Mr Integrity fact or rumour? who can answer this would Mr regan care to pass comment with one of his topical twitters. How many steak sandwiches as opposed to cheese ones are served up at SFA meetings on a Friday. You like that one regan.

I hope and really fingers crossed that the jacobites continue to get fucked at every competition to stop these bastards getting freebie trips.

This character that decides it was dive or not a dive , what does he base it on..

His experience as a fully qualified referee or the school the player went to, or what team he plays for.

Can this sudden expert of all things football come out and declare what team he follows(I know strange word to use)

Due to the fact that this guy does not hold a full referees qualifications or if he does can he show his documentation, reason I ask this why did they not put this job open to the public!! I for one would have applied

So starry starry night Vincent can you please tell the public your expertise in deciding if dive or no dive? Apt you are named Vincent re deaf ear to probably going public to show and tell your skills

Soon we shall have new name for SFA but keeping the same initials.

there is no ref or panel, the decision is made by VINCENT DE PAUL LUNDY , we should get a fair hearing

ive not changed my mind , i think he dived, but to give a player a 2 match ban for a yellow card offence is scandalous.

he was fouled and there is a panel for the appeal.

he was fouled and there is a panel for the appeal.

He was fouled prior to it outside the box. The penalty thing was a pretty clear dive. Still, the SFA have made a rod for their own backs with the O Connor nonsense, if all is fair and consistent, we should be able to argue our way out of it. As it happens, I reckon it'll be reduced to a 1 match ban, which is still a shite outcome, essentially because a referee didn't do his job competently. Couldn't they just give him a retrospective booking and be done with it?

He was fouled prior to it outside the box. The penalty thing was a pretty clear dive. Still, the SFA have made a rod for their own backs with the O Connor nonsense, if all is fair and consistent, we should be able to argue our way out of it. As it happens, I reckon it'll be reduced to a 1 match ban, which is still a shite outcome, essentially because a referee didn't do his job competently. Couldn't they just give him a retrospective booking and be done with it?

the guy grabbed his ARM well inside the box.

the guy grabbed his ARM well inside the box.

grabbed? He reached for it but he went down a fair while after he'd been anywhere near it. Put it this way, if that was the other way around, i'd be incredulous if that was given. You could maybe argue something like 'there was contact' (something which I find daft) but it was never a penalty. Anyway, shouldn't be banned

grabbed? He reached for it but he went down a fair while after he'd been anywhere near it. Put it this way, if that was the other way around, i'd be incredulous if that was given. You could maybe argue something like 'there was contact' (something which I find daft) but it was never a penalty. Anyway, shouldn't be banned

he was fouled he went down if he hadn't gone down its still a penalty.

he was fouled he went down if he hadn't gone down its still a penalty.

I disagree. We are all entitled to our opinion. I'd hazard a guess and say that should Scott Brown get a penalty of that ilk at Celtic park in the Old Firm game in a few weeks, you wouldn't be qualifying it as a penalty. I hate that any contact can be deemed a penalty. Should have been brought back for a free kick for me. Alas, I shan't complain

I disagree. We are all entitled to our opinion. I'd hazard a guess and say that should Scott Brown get a penalty of that ilk at Celtic park in the Old Firm game in a few weeks, you wouldn't be qualifying it as a penalty. I hate that any contact can be deemed a penalty. Should have been brought back for a free kick for me. Alas, I shan't complain

I'd hope our players wouldn't reach out and grab him.