Aluko to be hit with a 2 game ban

rangers_1993

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guys I am very confused aboute this whole episode! The SFA have decided to award a 2 match ban to a player who at worst should have got a yellow card. The same SFA have decided to haul the dunfermline manager over the coals because he said it was never a penalty.

The ref who made the decision seems to be getting off with making the wrong decision twice, once with Aluko and before with O'Connor.

How the fech is this right? It seems amazing that they can retrospectively change decisions like this, yet they are not willing to retrospectively award goals that have been wrongly choped off.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Everyone to themselves. You'd be moaning like a bitch if Celtic get that penalty against us. As would we all.

Where was the retrospective punishment for Stokes when the Ibrox ghost fouled him?

Its double standards you fucking loonball. Its a soft pk, however Billy Brown the hibs assistant at the time states "yes its a dive from Gary" SFA decide not to ban him work that one out

the 2 game penalty is fine. it helps reduce diving. the fact is this was a penalty.

If this was a penalty based on your logic then Dunfermline should have had two penalties with Kirk Broadfoot giving them away.

I don't think he dived, with sudden changes of movement and speed and also slight contact being made, coupled with the fact the surface was wet, there is every possibility he did indeed go down legitimately.

Either way, any sort of ban is ludicrous.

If this was a penalty based on your logic then Dunfermline should have had two penalties with Kirk Broadfoot giving them away.

I don't think he dived, with sudden changes of movement and speed and also slight contact being made, coupled with the fact the surface was wet, there is every possibility he did indeed go down legitimately.

A yellow card issued after the game should be the correct outcome untill they come of with a way to stop diving! However my biggest gripe isnt with players who anticipate contact its the cunts who kick their legs out to strike the defender thus making them fall that gets on my boobies

This new system was not implemented until this season, so that point becomes invalid.

Not sure why your calling him a loonball because he's correct, myself, you and everyone went mental over that penalty and rightly so. Aluko dived, contact or not, just like Stokes!

At least there was contact on Aluko...

That penalty award could and should have cost us a title last year, i think Aluko after not getting last weeks stonewaller should be cut some slack.

Hes a loonball cause i think so :sherlock:

Where was the retrospective punishment for Stokes when the Ibrox ghost fouled him?

Its double standards you fucking loonball. Its a soft pk, however Billy Brown the hibs assistant at the time states "yes its a dive from Gary" SFA decide not to ban him work that one out

Christ cool yer jets. If you look through the thread you'll find countless times my referencing of O Connor diving and Billy Brown mentioning this on sportscene and my belief that Aluko should get off considering that shite from the SFA.

I totally agree that Stokes' one was a dive too, they didn't have this fasttrack shite last season though.

All i'm trying to say is that if Celtic got that as a penalty, i'd be furious and i'm not gonna sit here with my blue tinted glasses on and deny that there is the possibility that Aluko might have taken a tumble and not deserved a penalty.

Its not double standards yet. O Connor was initially given a 2 match ban for diving. It'll be double standards should they not rescind the ban on Thursday

I didn't see the broadfoot ones but its quite possible.

A yellow card issued after the game should be the correct outcome untill they come of with a way to stop diving! However my biggest gripe isnt with players who anticipate contact its the cunts who kick their legs out to strike the defender thus making them fall that gets on my boobies

Correct

Would be utterly simple to implement and no clubs would really complain that much about a retrospective booking unless it was some ludicrous decision. Far too much sense for Football rulemakers though

Christ cool yer jets. If you look through the thread you'll find countless times my referencing of O Connor diving and Billy Brown mentioning this on sportscene and my belief that Aluko should get off considering that shite from the SFA.

I totally agree that Stokes' one was a dive too, they didn't have this fasttrack shite last season though.

All i'm trying to say is that if Celtic got that as a penalty, i'd be furious and i'm not gonna sit here with my blue tinted glasses on and deny that there is the possibility that Aluko might have taken a tumble and not deserved a penalty.

Its not double standards yet. O Connor was initially given a 2 match ban for diving. It'll be double standards should they not rescind the ban on Thursday

I was kidding mate see my post to the poster above you when i called you a loonball :lol:

But what im saying is if Billy Brown says yes my player dived then you really have to wonder how the fuck they then find the appeal in his favour. Hopefully common sense is the winner here but i dont see how it will.

I have also said that Aluko probably deserves a yellow card for it but 2 matches for there being some contact is pathetic imo

:mutley:

I agree with your post, however I reckon most players who anticipate the contact will kick their legs/drags their legs whatever if they can't see an opportunity to score. Unfortunately I can't see diving ever being stopped, unless real time video evidence is introduced to the game.

I do think though, that incorrect penalty decisions, wrong offsides, unwarranted red cards, and just in general dodgy decisions add to the whole drama and make it more exciting. (until we lose that is...)

Come on mate, there was more contact in the Stokes one, he went right into Davis chest. Neither were penalties though.

Don't agree that players should get let off simply because they never received a penalty in a previous game, decisions should be made on individual terms unless a player has a history of cheating, being dirty etc.

Poor MNB. :lol::disappointment:

sorry mate im not explaining my thoughts very well here. too much shit going on just now :lol: but bare with me.

Aluko denied a stonewaller and got fuck all. Now the SFA didnt review this decision and the papers were not up in arms about it. Nobody started a justice for the Killie "one" campaign.

Maybe it once again highlights what everyone other than taigs know? That refs are humans and make mistakes?

:mutley:

I agree with your post, however I reckon most players who anticipate the contact will kick their legs/drags their legs whatever if they can't see an opportunity to score. Unfortunately I can't see diving ever being stopped, unless real time video evidence is introduced to the game.

I do think though, that incorrect penalty decisions, wrong offsides, unwarranted red cards, and just in general dodgy decisions add to the whole drama and make it more exciting. (until we lose that is...)

Thats what makes/made football so good. The major talking points. Now like the atmosphere they dilute it further and take away the human error aspect that refs make. Refs are under so much pressure now i dont blame them for getting huge decisions wrong for fear of losing their jobs

I didn't see the broadfoot ones but its quite possible.

In that case it is a sad indictment of the way modern football has gone if penalties are to be awarded for such minimal contact. If they had been awarded it, would you happily say it was a foul? I think not to be honest.

In that case it is a sad indictment of the way modern football has gone if penalties are to be awarded for such minimal contact. If they had been awarded it, would you happily say it was a foul? I think not to be honest.

We could turn this around and say anywhere on the park its a free kick and nobody would complain?

I was kidding mate see my post to the poster above you when i called you a loonball :lol:

But what im saying is if Billy Brown says yes my player dived then you really have to wonder how the fuck they then find the appeal in his favour. Hopefully common sense is the winner here but i dont see how it will.

I have also said that Aluko probably deserves a yellow card for it but 2 matches for there being some contact is pathetic imo

Ha fair do's mate, I agree with everything you've said. It was an absolute shocker of a decision to let O Connor off. For me, the attempts to try to eradicate diving from Scottish football is a noble idea. Unfortunately, the SFA ballsed it up, literally on the first case. I have absolutely no clue how they were convinced by Hibs that it in fact wasn't a dive by O Connor. I don't think just because he got off, it makes it ok to dive, but I do think that if the SFA want to display any kind of consistancy, then they cannot ban Aluko for 2 games. Have a feeling it will be brought down to 1 game, which would still be ludicrous. A retrospective booking is easily the correct decision. Any muppet could see that. Unfortunately it seems that football rulemakers are actually less smart than muppets. Sigh

sorry mate im not explaining my thoughts very well here. too much shit going on just now :lol: but bare with me.

Aluko denied a stonewaller and got fuck all. Now the SFA didnt review this decision and the papers were not up in arms about it. Nobody started a justice for the Killie "one" campaign.

Maybe it once again highlights what everyone other than taigs know? That refs are humans and make mistakes?

(tu)