Tuesday Leggoland

Adoniram

Adoniram we now have someone who defends our club and fans, and when you think he is the only one. But sad to say some of our own fans would rather have a go at him, instead of giving the man credit. Some of our support are happy to sit back and let the media and press, piss all over our club and fans.

(tu)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's entirely unfair. I think it would be wrong of me to treat Leggat without criticism simply because he's a Rangers fan. That sort of treatment does not encourage quality.

Imo, there are Rangers supporting bloggers out there producing much better work than Leggat. He ranks way down the list of online writers for me. RM produces much better written work on a near daily basis.

This. (tu)

And with respect to Chris (who does an excellent job) what you and others fail to realise is that Leggat gets his information from sources within the game and industry. Where as Chris tends to right very good articles on the information he can glean from the net and the media etc.

Two entirely different blogs set up for two entirely different reasons.

I would have thought you would have known the difference.

That's a poor excuse that covers up how poorly written Leggat's blog is. If he has sources from "withing the game and industry" why does he not follow up his information with a bit of furthe research. He says very little in the article that isn't already known. All a bit vague for someone with such solid sources. The quality AND quantity of Chris's work far outweighs Leggat's. The two articles aren't even comparable in my eyes.

Not sure why you had to add your last line as a little dig at me there. Why have a dig simply because I don't hold Leggat's blog in as high a regard as yourself?

The reason is simple. Chris to my knowledge is not a journalist with the same contacts that Leggat has.

Secondly Leggat (like Chris) can only put so much in to print before it then becomes the focus of possible litigation.

Thirdly i would say Leggat's blog will carry far more clout than Chris's blog (no disrespect). I would say for certain that i know Leggat's blog still carries a lot of clout in the journalistic circles he mixes in.

So, he is not the most eloquent and he is typing one handed while recuperating from a badly broken arm (again a point probably not known or missed by many)

He is not perfect but he is ours and does talk about subjects no one else is prepared to write about.

As for sources....i would say you haven't read all his blogs thoroughly or maybe you have and simply not realised the depth and accuracy of a lot of his blogs since he started writing them. Ok you don't agree with this blog but to write him off as some sort of figure of ridicule is in my eyes unacceptable.

Where have I written im off as some sort of figure as ridicule?

And if I am to be convinced that someone has sources with solid info, then I would need info to be given. I'm far too critical (I'm a cynical bastard) of what I read online to be convinced by the argument "He has sources. He just can't print what he knows because he might be sued". Far too much of that online (tu)

And you can't be sued for telling the truth. :pipe:

Not overly convinced on the argument about Leggat and his sources in the game etc. meaning his blog should carry more clout. From what I can tell, many of his blogs seem to reproduce material that was simply discussed the day before on here! In this instance his start point seemed to be Chris' article from yesterday.

That said, I wouldn't criticise anyone who wants to use their time to fight to protect Rangers, the club or it's fans.

I am a fan of Chris's blog. I like the style of his writing, I think he presents his arguments well rather than presenting the overtly blinkered view that the left footers slaver over! John DC Gow, was another I liked, although his productivity seems to have dried up?

Now just suppose the information below has a grain of truth in it....then just suppose you asked Regan for his comments and he blocked you for being a "bigot". What would your natural reaction be had you just come by this information and simply wanted Regan to rubbish it...but he didn't and called you a bigot instead???

Celtic ALLEGEDLY have a business partner by the name of Nolan Partners.

The company was formed by Paul Nolan who has ALLEGEDLY been working with Celtic for some years and ALLEGEDLY got Celtic a new Director of International Development called Jason Hughes in 2008.

Mr Nolan ALLEGEDLY also headhunted the new SPL cheif executive Neil Doncaster in 2009.

He ALLEGEDLY also headhunted the new SFA cheif executive Stewart Regan this year.

Also with religion in football this week he also (Regan) went to St Bedes RC school in County Durham.He has also ALLEGEDLY become friends with Peter Lawwell through dealings with Coors and Carling.

Don't forget that before all this happened, our own Gordon Smith left the SFA pretty quickly when nobody was expecting it.

Not overly convinced on the argument about Leggat and his sources in the game etc. meaning his blog should carry more clout. From what I can tell, many of his blogs seem to reproduce material that was simply discussed the day before on here! In this instance his start point seemed to be Chris' article from yesterday.

That said, I wouldn't criticise anyone who wants to use their time to fight to protect Rangers, the club or it's fans.

I am a fan of Chris's blog. I like the style of his writing, I think he presents his arguments well rather than presenting the overtly blinkered view that the left footers slaver over! John DC Gow, was another I liked, although his productivity seems to have dried up?

I'll simply counter that by saying that i am guessing you know very little about his career then?

Probably didn't put that across well, he may carry more clout because of who he is and the career he has had. I actually meant to comment on the prominence of his sources.

I read his blog most days, and as I say I will not criticise anyone for standing up for the club, but a lot of the issues he raises I have already seen discussed on here; for a man of such sources, as you have suggested, RM seem to provide a lot of what he produces.

Anyone who wants to fight for the club has my support, but that does not mean I have to blindly follow every word they write, nor that I have to agree with every fight they want to pick. I will judge each on it's merits.

I would say the same of Chris' blog yesterday, the issue was Regan's blanket refusal to enter debate and to brand people bigots for simply questioning him. The additional points about Regan conversing with people who use the h word unnecessarily distracted from that (for me anyway), although I believe Chris then amended his blog to show he was not trying to state they used the h word in conversations with Regan.

Probably didn't put that across well, he may carry more clout because of who he is and the career he has had. I actually meant to comment on the prominence of his sources.

I read his blog most days, and as I say I will not criticise anyone for standing up for the club, but a lot of the issues he raises I have already seen discussed on here; for a man of such sources, as you have suggested, RM seem to provide a lot of what he produces.

Anyone who wants to fight for the club has my support, but that does not mean I have to blindly follow every word they write, nor that I have to agree with every fight they want to pick. I will judge each on it's merits.

I would say the same of Chris' blog yesterday, the issue was Regan's blanket refusal to enter debate and to brand people bigots for simply questioning him. The additional points about Regan conversing with people who use the h word unnecessarily distracted from that (for me anyway), although I believe Chris then amended his blog to show he was not trying to state they used the h word in conversations with Regan.

Again i will beg to differ and ask you to prove what you have just said. Not in a confrontational way before anyone starts.

What people have to realise is that this is a blog. It is not a column for the Daily Telegraph where Leggat used to work. Or a column for the People where he used to work. I will also say he is still in daily contact with all the so called big hitters in Scottish Journalism past and present. Don't doubt for one second that Leggat doesn't get fed a lot of information that these people simply cannot or will not publish.

Others may well be more articualate and present their blog or article in a far more presentable way.

What i personally think is that we should be encouraging all these supporters regardless of style or presentation.

Again i will beg to differ and ask you to prove what you have just said. Not in a confrontational way before anyone starts.

What people have to realise is that this is a blog. It is not a column for the Daily Telegraph where Leggat used to work. Or a column for the People where he used to work. I will also say he is still in daily contact with all the so called big hitters in Scottish Journalism past and present. Don't doubt for one second that Leggat doesn't get fed a lot of information that these people simply cannot or will not publish.

Others may well be more articualate and present their blog or article in a far more presentable way.

What i personally think is that we should be encouraging all these supporters regardless of style or presentation.

I am not really going to review all of Leggat's blogs to then try prove that the issues were already discussed on here, what does this achieve?

I have already provided an example in relation to Chris' blog yesterday (also posted here) and Leggat's blog today, being very similar. I was merely expressing an opinion based on what I have read, that said even if I am right it is not necessarily a criticism; if people raise good points on here and they can be backed up, why shouldn't he highlight them?

I agree with you, that all such efforts should be encouraged. That is why I do try and regularly read these blogs. If I agree with what i read, I will champion it further even if just via word of mouth or by other forms of social media, but I will always apply my own judgement on what I read.

I am not really going to review all of Leggat's blogs to then try prove that the issues were already discussed on here, what does this achieve?

I have already provided an example in relation to Chris' blog yesterday (also posted here) and Leggat's blog today, being very similar. I was merely expressing an opinion based on what I have read, that said even if I am right it is not necessarily a criticism; if people raise good points on here and they can be backed up, why shouldn't he highlight them?

I agree with you, that all such efforts should be encouraged. That is why I do try and regularly read these blogs. If I agree with what i read, I will champion it further even if just via word of mouth or by other forms of social media, but I will always apply my own judgement on what I read.

Well can i respectfully say that if you make a claim people will naturally challenge it. However it detracts from the blog so let's draw a line and try to do as we say and encourage those with the balls to stand up and defend us because let's face it there aren't many of them left.

There are no ifs or buts regan worked with liewell at Coors. This man is dangerous to us and well done to Leggo for highlighting them. Find it strange that there are people questioning Davie at defending our corner. I can vouch for Leggo, he's one of us and more ! :sherlock:

If leggo is an 'investigative' journalist, or any type of journalist ?? Should he not be able to 'investigate' if Reagan and liewell had any personal or business connections instead of posting the type of rumour we slag the press and some posters for? There is only implication here no facts and shabby work from a journalist ??

If leggo is an 'investigative' journalist, or any type of journalist ?? Should he not be able to 'investigate' if Reagan and liewell had any personal or business connections instead of posting the type of rumour we slag the press and some posters for? There is only implication here no facts and shabby work from a journalist ??

:wanker:

But what you mention is exactly what Phil claims. So why take Leggo seriously but not Phil?

Im not looking for an argument but both make claims and never back them up

Think you miss the whole point of blogging, he is putting it in a way for you to come to the conclusion he is eluding to. Or you are at the wind up, now that would not be for the first time.happy.gif

But what you mention is exactly what Phil claims. So why take Leggo seriously but not Phil?

Im not looking for an argument but both make claims and never back them up

Comparing a proper journalist to that mentally deranged bigot for a start is simply laughable. You don't work for the Daily Telegraph by being as talentless as some like to make out he is.

What I can tell you is his blog is read daily by his peers in Scottish sports journalism, by those at both Rangers and Celtic Football Clubs and topically, at The Times newspaper.

There is a lot to David Leggat many people don't know.

He is writing a blog daily which is only a small part of his working day.

What would we rather...no blog and no voice..or a blog that is deliberately set out in this way to get people asking questions .....think about that last part RFC52.

You cannot get answers without first asking questions.

Comparing a proper journalist to that mentally deranged bigot for a start is simply laughable. You don't work for the Daily Telegraph by being as talentless as some like to make out he is.

What I can tell you is his blog is read daily by his peers in Scottish sports journalism, by those at both Rangers and Celtic Football Clubs and topically, at The Times newspaper.

There is a lot to David Leggat many people don't know.

He is writing a blog daily which is only a small part of his working day.

What would we rather...no blog and no voice..or a blog that is deliberately set out in this way to get people asking questions .....think about that last part RFC52.

You cannot get answers without first asking questions.

Im not having a go. But for us to claim that Leggats stuff is the bees knees despite him doing the same as the mentalist and just posing questions or alluding to things then not backing any of it up is pretty silly.

I like alot of his stuff but without hard evedince then im sorry mate i cant take it more than just internet gossip.

However if he can at least get some journos to act on this then he has done his bit. It wont happen though as they are 2 busy following up phils "exclusives"

Im not having a go. But for us to claim that Leggats stuff is the bees knees despite him doing the same as the mentalist and just posing questions or alluding to things then not backing any of it up is pretty silly.

I like alot of his stuff but without hard evedince then im sorry mate i cant take it more than just internet gossip.

However if he can at least get some journos to act on this then he has done his bit. It wont happen though as they are 2 busy following up phils "exclusives"

His blog and entire ethos is to get the information out to a wider audience and get the questions asked. That is the purpose of his blog.

And your last comment is nearer the mark than you think.

His blog and entire ethos is to get the information out to a wider audience and get the questions asked. That is the purpose of his blog.

And your last comment is nearer the mark than you think.

[/quote]

It wont happen or they are following things up?