Man Utd

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't deserve to go through I think they have been pretty awful in Europe this year. Probably the worst man utd team I have seen for a long tine. Needs some serious money spent on the team and not on overpriced average English players

I tipped Man United, although I'm sure if that thread I said City were the ones capable of challenging due to their finances and that Man United are on decline.

Pretty sure me and you said the same things about declining and the likes of Cappa etc were saying they won't decline anytime, really can't believe so many of their players get so highly rated by some especially the likes of Smalling, Jones and Young.

I said when they signed Young it will be a decent EPL signing but not for CL.

Jones and Smalling are great prospects IMO but did get over hyped, Cleverly is the most over rated for me. Have always said to my Man Utd mates that Fabio and Rafael are liabilities. They obviously don't agree.

The main problem though as we all know is their midfield - but their exceptional defensive record has masked this problem for a while.

Their star players, Rooney and Nani, are too inconsistent.

And the worst news is that their best and most important players (IMO) is out with a long term injury.

Poor Utd.

Man United's best chance for a trophy is probably the Europa League, wonder what the United fans will say about that competition that they've slated for years. :sherlock:

Already had calls from a person calling it a 'Mickey Mouse Cup' when we were in the final a few years ago, telling me it is a great honour to win any European Cup. :lol: :lol:

To be fair to SAF he has changed his team around quite a bit after losing heavily to Barcelona twice and the work is still in progress.

You do have to wonder though if his judgement at 70 is as good as it was at 50 (does anything really improve with age when you get to that point in life?). He seems also to have mellowed which may not help him impose his will on a group of fit young men.

I suppose to introduce a bit of balance the whole thing puts me in mind a little bit of what Gough said towards the end of his playing career that you have bad games when young and people say it's a bad game but you have the same bad game when you're over 30 and everyone says it's old age and you're finished :rolleyes: