Man Utd

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evra at Left Wing Back.

Rooney could easily play the as the centre forward.

Nani could maybe if he was more a team player.

No doubts Nani is a talented player but in all honesty I'd have Pedro , villa or Sanchez before him . He's unbelievably inconsistent , something which I'm sure fergie and most other would have thought he would have grown out of by now .

Question for my fellow bears.....

How many Man United players do you believe would get starting slot for Barcelona? Who would they replace?

I don't think any of them would be guaranteed starters but Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Nani, Rooney are good enough to be used squad members.

I don't think any of them would be guaranteed starters but Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Nani, Rooney are good enough to be used squad members.

Really? Guys like Keita and Thiago can't get into the first 11 but you think Carrick would be a useful squad player?

Thought this question might get some debate going. (tu)

Read something similar on a United forum asking how many would get in Barcelona and Real Madrid's teams. Should have read some of the shouts, De Gea would replace Valdes, Hernandez has a shout to start for Real, loads Rio claims. Not sure why Barcelona's youth players continue to get underestimated. Likes of Bartra, Fontas, Montoya have fantastic futures and just because they haven't played often means they're shit or Smalling/Jones/Fabio etc are better.

Anybody else believe Rooney would struggle to start at Barcelona? He wouldn't be played as the striker, Messi has that false number 9 role. Thus meaning Rooney would not get to 'roam' which occurred when he play LW at United. How often does Rooney take players on or dribble with the ball? United fans regularly mention he's lost a yard of pace and doesn't offer that part anymore. That's important to the two forward roles at Barcelona, whilst running in behind and staying out wide to offer width, personally I don't think Rooney suits those two roles.

De Gea would not replace Valdes that is ridiculous :lol:

Really? Guys like Keita and Thiago can't get into the first 11 but you think Carrick would be a useful squad player?

Wasn't really saying he would be 'useful' for them, just giving an indication of the standard of player that wouldn't be out of their depth if they had to slot into their respective position. It's one of those hypothetical questions which is difficult to answer and depends how it is interpreted.

People saying Evra :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man Utd fans don't even think he's good enough for them anymore. Average player now!

It's not that shocking a statement doh

Abidal and Evra pretty similar standard, even if you prefer Abidal, not worthy of 3 laughing smilies :pipe:

Only Rooney, Evra and Vidic would be regulars.

Phil Jones would probably be groomed as long term replacement for Puyol (tu)

Exactly what I was going to say. Although Im not sure any of them would fit into the Barca set up. Its completely different from any other team.

Thought this question might get some debate going. (tu)

Read something similar on a United forum asking how many would get in Barcelona and Real Madrid's teams. Should have read some of the shouts, De Gea would replace Valdes, Hernandez has a shout to start for Real, loads Rio claims. Not sure why Barcelona's youth players continue to get underestimated. Likes of Bartra, Fontas, Montoya have fantastic futures and just because they haven't played often means they're shit or Smalling/Jones/Fabio etc are better.

Anybody else believe Rooney would struggle to start at Barcelona? He wouldn't be played as the striker, Messi has that false number 9 role. Thus meaning Rooney would not get to 'roam' which occurred when he play LW at United. How often does Rooney take players on or dribble with the ball? United fans regularly mention he's lost a yard of pace and doesn't offer that part anymore. That's important to the two forward roles at Barcelona, whilst running in behind and staying out wide to offer width, personally I don't think Rooney suits those two roles.

Not at all, think he would look a lot better playing alongside the worlds best players and it would bring the best out of him. I think a lot of his poor games come from his frustration of the players around him and the pressure of him having to take the world on, neither of which would apply playing for Barca.

Equally there are plenty of Barca players who wouldn't look as good playing alongside Fletcher, Park, Giggs, Welbeck....

Wasn't really saying he would be 'useful' for them, just giving an indication of the standard of player that wouldn't be out of their depth if they had to slot into their respective position. It's one of those hypothetical questions which is difficult to answer and depends how it is interpreted.

Not much difficult about it mate.

You think Carrick is somehow good enough to grace the Barca squad yet most Man Utd fans, a team Barca tanked a few months ago, don't think he should even be in THEIR squad.