Garth Crooks as a pundit

MisterC

Whats everyones thought on Garth Crooks as a pundit? Always seems to talk sense and his analysis is spot on plus the way he talks slowly means he is easy to understand. I know the likes of Lawrenson, Hansen and Redknapp are probably the most popular but I dare say there are those who will says Crooks is better. Thoughts?

Great :lol: I had never seen that before, when's it from?

I don't know, I first saw it a couple of years ago but I've never been able to figure out what the context of his little rant was, if indeed there was any context at all. Richard Littlejohn's reaction at the end would suggest not.

Let's hope Littlejohn didn't try any nonsense.

James richardson is a top quality host but he is not a pundit. Do you ever listen to football weekly?

Aye, I didn't actually mean as a pundit, but a host. It's just when you see idiots like Crooks actually getting on TV at all, you have to feel for Richardson.

And yes I do.

Richardson must have offers for TV jobs coming in regulary, I think he's just genuinely happy and very well paid in his current role(s).

Patrick Barclay is another top drawer pundit. In fact, merely labelling him a pundit is quite disrespectful.

Richardson must have offers for TV jobs coming in regulary, I think he's just genuinely happy and very well paid in his current role(s).

Patrick Barclay is another top drawer pundit. In fact, merely labelling him a pundit is quite disrespectful.

Maybe so. If this is the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered the MoTD job before that Irish gonk.

Whats everyones thought on Garth Crooks as a pundit? Always seems to talk sense and his analysis is spot on plus the way he talks slowly means he is easy to understand. I know the likes of Lawrenson, Hansen and Redknapp are probably the most popular but I dare say there are those who will says Crooks is better. Thoughts?

Absolutely spot on Mister C.

I would love to see much more of him and Robbie Savage as a pairing as their humility and knowledge is a joy.

I also think that BBC Scotland should have more of Kenny Sheils on Sportscene as his enthusiasm simply shines through.