Rangers settle out of court with Mcintyre

Rangers FC have agreed to settle a £300,000 compensation claim for damages brought by the football club's former finance director.

Donald McIntyre initiated legal proceedings against the Ibrox club to court after owner Craig Whyte took over in May.

Both Mr McIntyre and former chief executive Martin Bain had a total of £780,000 of Rangers' assets frozen as they sue the club.

On Friday, Mr McIntyre’s counsel, Jonathan Brown, told Lord Hodge at the Court of Session in Edinburgh: "I am pleased to say parties have reached, somewhat surprisingly, an agreement."

I really hope whyte learns from this, i know he was new in the job but he is meant to be an experienced businessman...woefuly handled again

Although i am of the opinion him and Bain should both have walked when Whyte took over i am glad a bit of sense has prevailed with the out of court settlement.

They may have if Whyte hadn't called them out..although the way bain and mcintyre reacted showed they were a pair of money grabbing fuds.

Whyte made it very easy for them though, ridiculous lack of judgement shown with his public comments

Well the fact they have settled with one of them only confirms that the baldy drinks dispenser rat will win his case.

What was it again that what brought up at an agm years ago regarding bain when murray said it's ok marty the drinks dispenser told me all about it was it relating to money in a bank account?.......next question.

Well the fact they have settled with one of them only confirms that the baldy drinks dispenser rat will win his case.

What was it again that what brought up at an agm years ago regarding bain when murray said it's ok marty the drinks dispenser told me all about it was it relating to money in a bank account?.......next question.

what's the story on that one mate?

what's the story on that one mate?

From my recollection someone asked a question at the agm as to alleged monies resting in his account, murray said he knew about it and nothing to worry about , was alleged money from the sale of a players (not a Rangers player) house in S of France. I believe the alleged agent was wullie mkay.

Sure I can recall that being raised at agm, should be a record of questions raised i assume,

Doesn't confirm that at all.

That might be your view, but settling with McIntyre does not confirm anything re Bain.

Doesn't confirm that at all.

That might be your view, but settling with McIntyre does not confirm anything re Bain.

They will have both structured their case the same way. And settling out of court shows that you do not think you will win the case as maybe shown by his solicitors remarks,

They will have both structured their case the same way. And settling out of court shows that you do not think you will win the case as maybe shown by his solicitors remarks,

That is some way short of confirming that Bain will win, and is also supposition on your part.

In any event, Bain had very different responsibilities as CEO and, indeed, undertook very different actions. On an entirely unrelated matter, I don't recall McIntyre shredding any documents!

That is some way short of confirming that Bain will win, and is also supposition on your part.

In any event, Bain had very different responsibilities as CEO and, indeed, undertook very different actions. On an entirely unrelated matter, I don't recall McIntyre shredding any documents!

Bain has gone for constructive dismissal as did the other one. Who said he shredded confidential papers, need proof that he did.

Fixed. doh

What was the settlement ? the less money we payed the incompetent fuck (that is me being kind) the better, maybe you think he was worth the full dibs, now that really would be a kiddydiddlers street story. :sherlock:

What was the settlement ? the less money we payed the incompetent fuck (that is me being kind) the better, maybe you think he was worth the full dibs, now that really would be a kiddydiddlers street story. :sherlock:

I misunderstood your earlier post. I read it as meaning you thought Rangers had settled at near enough the full amount claimed. For that, I'm bad. :blush:

Right, we can't keep going on like this. We seem to be paying folk willy nilly over the last few weeks. This has got to stop. We are even getting new screens.

Maybe CW got a tap fae Mark Dingwall, or he has found his piss pot.

Right, we can't keep going on like this. We seem to be paying folk willy nilly over the last few weeks. This has got to stop. We are even getting new screens.

Maybe CW got a tap fae Mark Dingwall, or he has found his piss pot.

oooooh!! speaking about the Lone(I know) Ranger like that.