• Man City win
    • 0-0
    • Score draw

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City's performance got away with murder there.

Have to be honest and say I don't think they kicked their own arse after the Chelsea equaliser, not sure Cech had one serious save to make after it.

I agree. Like I have said the acid test is yet to come for Man City.

They have the strongest squad, but on cold winter nights, when things are going against you - do they have the team spirit, discipline and morale to grind out results like Man Utd and Chelsea have in recent seasons. Time will tell....

They have the strongest squad, but on cold winter nights, when things are going against you - do they have the team spirit, discipline and morale to grind out results like Man Utd and Chelsea have in recent seasons. Time will tell....

another night city get a penalty at 1-0 and merieles is sent off also, tonight the major game changing decisions went against city, ref calls them right and city would probably have tore chelsea apart with the extra man (tu)

another night city get a penalty at 1-0 and merieles is sent off also, tonight the major game changing decisions went against city, ref calls them right and city would probably have tore chelsea apart with the extra man (tu)

I thought the ref was pretty lenient on both teams tackling, at around the 65-75 minute mark City were just being constantly reckless as fuck.

Wow, you completely missed my point. I wasn't talking about tonight's game as such.

Was referring to comments I made last week about whether they have the team spirit, discipline and morale to grind out results through adversity and how this still remains to be seen over the difficult winter months.

Another night when Clattenburg wasnt the ref?

Gets his Red Devils back in it

We both said similar things about City, hype they've received this season has been OTT and I've mentioned it on more than one occasion.

Yaya could easily have been sent-off.

City have a big test in the coming months and I stand by that mentality could be a huge factor. United are right back in it.

Wow, you completely missed my point. I wasn't talking about tonight's game as such.

Was referring to comments I made last week about whether they have the team spirit, discipline and morale to grind out results through adversity and how this still remains to be seen over the difficult winter months.

you could say the QPR away game showed that

We both said similar things about City, hype they've received this season has been OTT and I've mentioned it on more than one occasion.

Yaya could easily have been sent-off.

City have a big test in the coming months and I stand by that mentality could be a huge factor. United are right back in it.

Yes the hype that the team that destroyed the current champions and their biggest rivals 6-1 away from home, and also Spurs (top 4 material) 5-1 in London was way over the top!

You serious yu fucking clown? :pipe:

Guess who just won £100.

Nice one. :D

I bottled it. Had a tenner on over 2.5 goals, and was about to chuck a tenner on Chelsea winning after Balotelli scored. :disappointment:

Had a feeling Chelsea would win tonight, few great results recently, thought they would carry it through to tonight.

Yes the hype that the team that destroyed the current champions and their biggest rivals 6-1 away from home, and also Spurs (top 4 material) 5-1 in London was way over the top!

You serious yu fucking clown? :pipe:

And your point???

Man United were getting the same wax-lyrical comments on here for their results against City(Community shield) Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Bolton. Made the exact same comments then and look at them since, average and grinding out results and fucked out the CL. :rolleyes:

You can analyse all those games and see that Tottenham had no midfield, Arsenal were shocking and had a weak team out, Bolton are the worst team in the league and Chelsea opened up far too much and were still unlucky.

City have also been eliminated from the CL and struggled at times. The 6-1 was a freak result and they only turned on the style after the red card. Tottenham game was a fantastic result, but as I mentioned the other day I will evaluate City at the end of the season. It's too early and there is loads to play for, a struggling United team are only two points behind this so called fantastic team that play like Barcelona or could compete with them.

A couple of good results certainly won't blight my judgement on a team, like it does with others on here in regards to Dortmund, Bayern, Man City, Man United and Real Madrid. City still have a few issues and if Silva is not performing they look lost at times, tonight being a perfect example. The defence has problems and they will find it hard over the whole season, will they win the league? Possibly but the hype has been over the top, without a doubt.

And your point???

Man United were getting the same wax-lyrical comments on here for their results against City(Community shield) Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Bolton. Made the exact same comments then and look at them since, average and grinding out results and fucked out the CL. :rolleyes:

You can analyse all those games and see that Tottenham had no midfield, Arsenal were shocking and had a weak team out, Bolton are the worst team in the league and Chelsea opened up far too much and were still unlucky.

City have also been eliminated from the CL and struggled at times. The 6-1 was a freak result and they only turned on the style after the red card. Tottenham game was a fantastic result, but as I mentioned the other day I will evaluate City at the end of the season. It's too early and there is loads to play for, a struggling United team are only two points behind this so called fantastic team that play like Barcelona or could compete with them.

A couple of good results certainly won't blight my judgement on a team, like it does with others on here in regards to Dortmund, Bayern, Man City, Man United and Real Madrid. City still have a few issues and if Silva is not performing they look lost at times, tonight being a perfect example. The defence has problems and they will find it hard over the whole season, will they win the league? Possibly but the hype has been over the top, without a doubt.

I think everybody is entitled to an opinion, but you seem too have a massive chip on your shoulder about City, end of the day we have played 15 games and lost one, went out of the champions league with 10 points, and when you look at the fixtures, City have played all the so called top teams (a part from Arsenal) away ,top of the league having scored 49 goals and are in the semi's of the league cup, so City are having a good season, so why City have all the " hype" at the moment

I think everybody is entitled to an opinion, but you seem too have a massive chip on your shoulder about City, end of the day we have played 15 games and lost one, went out of the champions league with 10 points, and when you look at the fixtures, City have played all the so called top teams (a part from Arsenal) away ,top of the league having scored 49 goals and are in the semi's of the league cup, so City are having a good season, so why City have all the " hype" at the moment

Think your missing the point here.

City are having a good season, in-fact I'd probably say you've had a great season on the whole. My point is that there's a long way to go, things can change so fast.

After five games United were apparently going to walk the league, City struggled away at Bolton and dropped points at Fulham whilst Man Utd destroyed Arsenal, Bolton, Tottenham and Chelsea. Many people are now thinking the complete opposite, whilst I'm getting criticised for being correct(about United's performances earlier this season) and standing by my original comments. doh

City still have lot's to learn, they've never been title challengers for decades and it could tell come the end of the season, certain performances have not been that fantastic. So yes I still believe the hype was OTT and City have a long way to go before changing my opinion that they're this fantastic team and some people need to look at things with more perspective.

Clearly the Yids will win the league.

What's you feelings on Chelsea title chances after tonight's result?

Apart from Tottenham away in a couple of weeks you have a very good fixture list coming up until United at home on the 5th Feb. Certainly look like you have the best set of fixtures over the next 8 matchdays.

Man City play Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham, Everton away in that period. United away to Fulham, Newcastle, Arsenal. Tottenham/Liverpool have tricky fixtures.

Would you expect to be closer come that game at home to United?

What's you feelings on Chelsea title chances after tonight's result?

Apart from Tottenham away in a couple of weeks you have a very good fixture list coming up until United at home on the 5th Feb. Certainly look like you have the best set of fixtures over the next 8 matchdays.

Man City play Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham, Everton away in that period. United away to Fulham, Newcastle, Arsenal. Tottenham/Liverpool have tricky fixtures.

Would you expect to be closer come that game at home to United?

I think we will put together a good run between now and about February/March then fall away again...if I'm being realistic. Second or third would be great for this season as a starting point for AVB, who I think will be a massive long term success.

Think your missing the point here.

City are having a good season, in-fact I'd probably say you've had a great season on the whole. My point is that there's a long way to go, things can change so fast.

After five games United were apparently going to walk the league, City struggled away at Bolton and dropped points at Fulham whilst Man Utd destroyed Arsenal, Bolton, Tottenham and Chelsea. Many people are now thinking the complete opposite, whilst I'm getting criticised for being correct(about United's performances earlier this season) and standing by my original comments. doh

City still have lot's to learn, they've never been title challengers for decades and it could tell come the end of the season, certain performances have not been that fantastic. So yes I still believe the hype was OTT and City have a long way to go before changing my opinion that they're this fantastic team and some people need to look at things with more perspective.

Man Utd did in no way shape or form "destroy" Chelsea a freak miss and a couple of other very good chances missed stopped Chelsea who should have got a draw from that game at the very least.

Man Utd did in no way shape or form "destroy" Chelsea a freak miss and a couple of other very good chances missed stopped Chelsea who should have got a draw from that game at the very least.

Nice to see you conveniently left out the part that Rooney missed a penalty which would have made it 4-1 or that Rooney hit the post. Berbatov had an effort cleared off the line.

Could have easily ended up 7-4 to United and Chelsea could have lost a couple of players, but you're right the word destroy was the wrong choice for this match.