Tax Case

He has been in touch by PM - I'll stick up here what I told him in response;

"El-Hadji Spit' has been in contact - and I am still awaiting further clarification".

He didn't reveal his source (gave reasons why he didn't) - I respect that but it looks like the thread would be best locked (by another Admin, for fear of cries of "It's a stitch-up"!) as it's going around in circles without said clarification.

:sherlock:

thanks, if locked i'll accept this... tis a sham i can't share more... I look forward to the positive reps when found to be true guys! :uk:

thanks, if locked i'll accept this... tis a sham i can't share more... I look forward to the positive reps when found to be true guys! :uk:

If nothing else, you have done a great job of winding up the mhanks who are now scurrying around desperately trying to find out if their worst fears have come true. (tu)

Sorry to post this again, I was going to post it in the other tax case rumour thread but found it to be locked.

Anyway, according to Daryll and Mark this evening, they confirmed there are some rumours coming from Ibrox that the tax case may indeed be settled prior to it reconvening in the new year.

The £49m figure was confirmed as highest fugue available ie worst case scenario but any settlement would be much smaller, somewhere in the £10-15m bracket, which Craig Whyte has previously confirmed, during the take-over process, as a managable figure.

It was confirmed that Whyte is indeed in talks with HMRC but in London, rather than locally, the belief is this is what has brought about a change in tact by them.

If you want to merge or delete this, carry on but I just thought this was worthy of posting, kind of backing up what the previous thread was all about.

There really should be a single thread for all things Tax.

Sorry to post this again, I was going to post it in the other tax case rumour thread but found it to be locked.

Anyway, according to Daryll and Mark this evening, they confirmed there are some rumours coming from Ibrox that the tax case may indeed be settled prior to it reconvening in the new year.

The £49m figure was confirmed as highest fugue available ie worst case scenario but any settlement would be much smaller, somewhere in the £10-15m bracket, which Craig Whyte has previously confirmed, during the take-over process, as a managable figure.

It was confirmed that Whyte is indeed in talks with HMRC but in London, rather than locally, the belief is this is what has brought about a change in tact by them.

If you want to merge or delete this, carry on but I just thought this was worthy of posting, kind of backing up what the previous thread was all about.

There really should be a single thread for all things Tax.

Thanks for posting this, I do not listen much to radio Clyde or RR, but any positive info on the tax case is good to hear. (tu)

That cunt Mcnally fae the Mirror, was speeling shit about hmrc fiddling the tax payer if they don't hit us hard.

They are worried big time.

This could be a Merry xmas after all.

I read his twitter posts today, he was certainly a bit rabid.

Would love these rumours to be true, we will have to wait and see but there certainly seems to be more positive vibes about it all.

Even Whyte was talking about a more positive outlook prior to the AGM. Wonder if he knows something we don't (probably knows alot we don't know)

Allowing for the mandatory exaggeration of our possible liability by the RC tarriers, the previously mentioned £5m might be close. :D

They might be stupid not to make a deal with us for £5 mil as I think as much as £10 mil and Whyte wont go for it. Its the only way they will get anything.

I read his twitter posts today, he was certainly a bit rabid.

Would love these rumours to be true, we will have to wait and see but there certainly seems to be more positive vibes about it all.

Even Whyte was talking about a more positive outlook prior to the AGM. Wonder if he knows something we don't (probably knows alot we don't know)

A bit of breathing space as a club would be good, the reporters would have to find new words to put in front of Rangers, cash strapped, skint,struggling, financially challenged etc etc have been used fr so long, lets hope it can be settled amicably for a sensible figure.

Craig whyte said something interesting a while back. it was along the lines of I've already done somethings differently to what was for the best because of the adverse publicity it would cause.

I think when he bought us plan a b c and d was administration but is not now.